Newegg is doing the b/s bundles again for the new NVidia cards

philb2

[H]ard|Gawd
Sheesh. Just when I was begining to like them again (cuz' I really hate and despise Amazon) they had to bring back their sleeze-ola bundles again. Worse, they are out of stock on some of them., Double-sheesh.

Last edited:
Sheesh. Just when I was begining to like the again (cuz' I really hate and despise Amazon) they had to bring back their sleeze-ola bundles again. Worse, they are out of stock on some of them., Double-sheesh.
That's been like that for about 3 days or so. Plus they been out of stock since. What I like is some of the cards had Auto Notify. Now the all don't. Being out of stock is Nvidia fault. They are holding back. Their trying to sell off the 3000 series first.

That's been like that for about 3 days or so. Plus they been out of stock since. What I like is some of the cards had Auto Notify. Now the all don't. Being out of stock is Nvidia fault. They are holding back. Their trying to sell off the 3000 series first.
I'm sure you are right about NVidia. But that doesn't excuse Newegg's new-again sleaziness. :mad:

Between the 4070 'cancellation' and this artificial stock limitation on the 4090, Jensen is an absolute douche. This is the time for consumers to put the foot down and not pay 3-4x for a 1.5x faster card but there are lots of idiots out there. Again this is not 2020 and even if ETH mining were alive, there is little value of a 4090 over a 3090 given cost considerations since bandwidth is in the same league. Faster yes but it doesn't offer any visual upgrades over 3090/ti if you are already getting decent frame rates. I will still buy one at some point (unless RX7XXX really pulls a rabbit) but not over MSRP, period. Remember that 3090s were 3k this time last year...

Something is a bit fishy? They don't have the auto-notify option. And how unprepared were they again? Sold out already? Not that I am going to buy one anyway but interesting to see some of this bs act up again in the gpu world. Seems like gpu supply gets it the worst compared to cpu and ram?

I do not like that they do this. No pre-orders, no back orders, not even doing the shuffle thing anymore and that worked for me a few times.

I also dislike the get it in the cart but cant check out deal. Maybe add those folks to a back order list? Something, anything other than the nothing that most venders do.

Most likely nothing will change but everyone should take a minute and use the NewEgg feedback and request that they let longstanding verified accounts place a simple backorder and get in line and wait it out. At least with the shuffle you got a chance but I think they should do this but just longstanding verified accounts should be able to place a backorder or at least get on a list and be notified and you have a day to buy or not.

Just look at my account NewEgg, I'm not a scalper and I just want to order one card for myself as I've done for decades.

Most likely nothing will change but everyone should take a minute and use the NewEgg feedback and request that they let longstanding verified accounts place a simple backorder and get in line and wait it out. At least with the shuffle you got a chance but I think they should do this but just longstanding verified accounts should be able to place a backorder or at least get on a list and be notified and you have a day to buy or not.

Just look at my account NewEgg, I'm not a scalper and I just want to order one card for myself as I've done for decades.
Sounds like asking Ebay to provide some decent customer support, good luck with that.

You would think that Newegg would treat its long time/big spending customers better than the Average Joe. Kind of the way the airlines all have frequent flyer programs. (I'm a "lifetime" status flyer on one airline, with over 2 million miles total, thanks to a lot of business travel). But Newegg is clearly not smart enough for that. Or else, their own version of Amazon Prime.

Just don't hold your breadth. Instead, shop at B&H instead, or even Amazon. :eek:
:(:banghead:

You would think that Newegg would treat its long time/big spending customers better than the Average Joe. Kind of the way the airlines all have frequent flyer programs. (I'm a "lifetime" status flyer on one airline, with over 2 million miles total, thanks to a lot of business travel). But Newegg is clearly not smart enough for that. Or else, their own version of Amazon Prime.

Just don't hold your breadth. Instead, shop at B&H instead, or even Amazon. :eek:
They have helped me out a few times like taking a bunch of opened hard drives back at no cost but I just wish everyone not just NewEgg would let you place a flippin' backorder.

What retail company does this? Amazon sure doesn't. B&H? Nope. BB? Nah. Why is it expect for NE to do it.

Newegg isn't the 4090 problem. If you want to kick someone in the wazoo talk to nvidia.
But I agree, bringing their hated bundles back is a terrible customer relations move. Typically typical of Neweggs tone deaf management.

What retail company does this? Amazon sure doesn't. B&H? Nope. BB? Nah. Why is it expect for NE to do it.
Simple. That way they don't have to compete just on price. It's called "competitive advantage" in marketing circles.

I just backordered something from BB last month so clearly they do offer backorders at times.

Back