Newegg is cracked....

After spending about $20,000 at Newegg over the past 3-4 years (most of it for work systems) and having every order arrive on time and exactly as it was ordered I simply do not even shop around. Sure, Newegg may not have the best price on every item but for me, the service they provide is worth a few dollars more. I also choose Fed Ex for all my shipping needs. UPS has let me down in the past and when our company used to use UPS we had about 3 times the damage claims that we hve with Fed Ex.

Warden

Skin said:
I just cant stand their hot "deals". They lower the price of the item 5$ and raise the shipping 15$. doesnt sound like a deal to me. They really arent even competitive with any other companies anymore. There are better places like ZZF that have free shipping on almost every item, and are significantly cheaper somtimes.

No one is forcing you to buy from them, so why complain about it.

I am willing to fork over a few extra bucks for stuff from Newegg. Its called customer loyalty. I do purchase stuff from ZZF, Monarch and SVC occasionally, but when I have a big order, it goes to Newegg.

Nuc_E said:
No one is forcing you to buy from them, so why complain about it.

I am willing to fork over a few extra bucks for stuff from Newegg. Its called customer loyalty. I do purchase stuff from ZZF, Monarch and SVC occasionally, but when I have a big order, it goes to Newegg.
customer loyalty??? how bout retailers learning some customer loyalty...you know, being loyal to their customers. Hiking prices is BS but they're still better than most

The reason I rarely use ZZF....I can't stand their interface. It is absolutely horrible for searching or browseing in certain catagories.

cell_491 said:
customer loyalty??? how bout retailers learning some customer loyalty...you know, being loyal to their customers. Hiking prices is BS but they're still better than most

If they hike prices and you don't like it, again, no one is forcing you to shop there. Like others have said, there are other places with good service and better prices, go right ahead. They are a business whose goal is to make money. They can set their prices to whatever the hell they want as long as people are willing to pay it.

As far as their loyalty to me, they have never let me down when I have had a problem. Good enough.

gutkin said:
I've been shoppping with newegg for about 4 years, and have spent well over 10k with them. Never had a signle issue. My only complaint is their shipping charges for smaller items like cables and fans. I wish they'd get a clue and stop charging $5 for every cable or fan.

That complaint aside, newegg is my most trusted online source for computer parts.
I have to agree with this. I can't stand paying damn near as much as a cable costs to get it shipped to me. Still beats local pricing but damn...get a grip. :(

so um if I order something its processed in like 15 minutes and usually arrives two days early... go me.

While I've had great luck every time with Newegg, I have heard of too many bad experiences of late to possibly imagine Newegg is perfect. What will most likely happen due to Newegg becoming more of a large corporation with questionable management will be another company will figure out how to do things right, and within a couple of years, we will be talking about another site the way we were all talking about Newegg a year or two ago. That's my guess, anyway.

I've never had issues with Newegg.com - though I don't pick UPS. I go with their FedEx Saver....

The ONLY other place I order from is Frozencpu.com for pre-modded parts. A bit pricey, but I've found nowhere else that has decently done pre-modded stuff for me. I tried Xoxide.com once, but they suck bigtime.

Blackdog said:
The ONLY other place I order from is Frozencpu.com for pre-modded parts. A bit pricey, but I've found nowhere else that has decently done pre-modded stuff for me. I tried Xoxide.com once, but they suck bigtime.
I get alot of stuff from Perfromance PC, Cooler Guys and Jab-tech and so far not a single problem that wasn't quickly fixed (Perfromance PC sent me the wrong endcaps for my molex connectors but after I sent them an email about it they quickly sent out the right ones :) ).

UPS Payment Info Received means that the End Of Day package batch of UPS got scanned at NewEgg by UPS, but not your individual package once it left the UPS truck. UPS f.ked up most likely

I'm include to agree that UPS are more prone to be fucktards than FedEx.

Newegg.com has never given me any problems, shit gets processed fast and delivered on time. I always look for the best deal, but if it is close, my default option is Newegg.com.

I’ve been dealing with NewEgg for at least 4 years, and have had very good experiences, maybe two moderate difficulties, and one really bad issue. But after emailing them, and calling them, stating specifically and politely what my problems were, they more than made up for the error. After a few exchanges, I had actually felt satisfied that my issue at the time was resolved, and was then extremely surprised to receive a call from one of their managers, saying he was personally sorry for the mistake they made, and gave me several very favorable options on how I would like to have the problem fixed. I was astounded! Not once had I ever had a company call me to make absolutely sure I was satisfied with their service, and fix my problem so that I turned out a winner.
They will have their occasional errors, but I’m a firm believer that they will also try to fix those errors, and I am absolutely certain that NewEgg is a company that values the loyalty of its customers.

Rix2357 said:
If you knew half the shit that goes around there, you'd change your tune pretty quickly. Besides, their prices aren't that great. Newegg consistently beats them on price and even Newegg isn't the cheapest.

Yeah, Directron is pretty pricey in my opinion. I've been to their shop. It's BIG, that's for sure. didn't see anything 'weird' going on, but I'm not in-the-know.

PrkChpXprss said:

I don't think so. Isn't >= "Greater than or equal too"? Chiefvalue is greater AND equal to newegg. Greater because they usually have free shipping and slightly cheaper prices (kind of like when newegg was new). Equal to because I read a while ago somewhere that they are actually the same company. If you look around, they have all the same stuff in almost all situations, and they use all the same pictures and they are just overall very much alike.

2Fresh said:
I ordered a new Neo4 Ultra-D MSI last week. I was supposed to get it Friday, I did not. I called today and told them there was a problem and that UPS said they did not get the package. So, Newegg said they will ship out the board today. So...later on in the day UPS drops off the mobo. Newegg has no clue they shipped it to me. The chick said there was a screwup and UPS only got the payment info not the package so the will ship one out, but that is not correct. UPS did get the package and did deliver it. Tracking info still shows it as payment info only.. :wtf: :confused:
There's two possibilities there being that the package did arrive that day:
  1. UPS fux0red up and didn't scan the package properly. If UPS shows payment info on the tracking numer, UPS got SOMETHING from Newegg.
  2. Somebody at Newegg fatfinger the tracking number when they entered it on your order information. After all, they are only human. One digit off, and your package still arrives on time, but you just can't track it.
Did the tracking number on the package match the one Newegg gave you? If so, Option 1.

My only problem when I order something from Newegg is that FedEx takes THREE DAYS to get a package to me when I live half an hour from the Edison, NJ, warehouse that they ship from. Last package I got they shipped from Edison, to Newark, to Memphis, TN, to Newark, then my house. WTF? That's still not Newegg. That's some re-re at Fedex saying "I wonder what would happen if I told the truck to go the other way..."

I love new egg, the only time they screwed me over was when i ordered a dvd r combo drive, they set me a normal cd drive.

I seem to have the opposite experience with FedEx and UPS. I've never had any problems with delivery's from UPS. However, FedEx has fucked up on more than one occasion.

One good example is when I ordered a case delivered by FedEx. I couldn't believe the bastard even delivered the case in this condition. The box wasn't a box by the time I got it. It looked like they pulled an Ace Ventura delivering it to me. Couldn't refuse the delivery, because he never even knocked on the door (wonder why).

Anyway, I opened the box to check on the case. Sure enough the case had a huge dent in it. Had to call the company that I ordered from, and thankfully they were kind enough to just send me another case for free. And no they didn't ship FedEx for the second one.

Keetha said:
I don't think so. Isn't >= "Greater than or equal too"? Chiefvalue is greater AND equal to newegg. Greater because they usually have free shipping and slightly cheaper prices (kind of like when newegg was new). Equal to because I read a while ago somewhere that they are actually the same company. If you look around, they have all the same stuff in almost all situations, and they use all the same pictures and they are just overall very much alike.

In that case, you would have to use a different variable for each equation, as I don't think one could ever make the argument that 'x = y' and 'x > y', unless 'x' in equation 1 isn't the same as 'x' in equation 2. I get what you're saying, though; just trying to help :)

insanarchist said:
In that case, you would have to use a different variable for each equation, as I don't think one could ever make the argument that 'x = y' and 'x > y', unless 'x' in equation 1 isn't the same as 'x' in equation 2. I get what you're saying, though; just trying to help :)

Yeah. But it makes sense still... I gotta find a way to mix some theory or relativity stuff into here so I don't have to change my variable :).

Come to think of it, iirc infinity could be greater than infinity, or equal to it... or is that negative infinity?

Back