NEwegg hurry! 1080ti

What's going on here? It's like this product is launching again or something. Why have I seen all this routine lately? (Been out of the loop)

I'm in WA. It seems like NE started collecting sales taxes. So, even if I got that SC, I should have paid more than 950 after tax :(

and it's gone.jpg

Like Moths to a flame. And their gone.

Someone needs to start a lawsuit against these retailer for price gouging.

Interesting. Would it count as price gouging if it is a non-essential, luxury item?

As an early adopter of a GTX 1070 that I bought for under $400, I was absolutely shocked when I saw what they are going for now.

I have 3 kid's computers needing an upgrade, but I'm just going to wait for the crypto crash and buy when a lot of the miners are selling off their used equipment. It has got to be coming...

worm

Interesting. Would it count as price gouging if it is a non-essential, luxury item?

You could argue that its an essential device. Especially for people who need them to do graphical design ect. or people who use Youtube reviews as a primary source of income.

ASUS ROG GeForce GTX 1080 Ti still in stock, I'd pull the trigger if I wasn't broke.

What's lunacy is people have had 2 years to get it for cheaper, but now GPUs have been 10-15% more expensive for a few weeks and suddenly it's life and death to get one.

I love it, its fun to watch people eat each other over luxury items. Almost as fun as watching people maul each other trying to get a shirt at a Quakecon convention.

did any of you guys see that newegg shopper helper crap? video that appears on the bottom of the page. haha that's wack, blocked that shit. who the hell wants to be interrupted by a video when they're shopping.

You would be stupid not to sell right now, unless you absolutely didn't need the money.

I have a new laptop with a 1080.... Do I sell my Strix 1080ti?

Ugh....

Jesus, at 1300 i am tempted to sell mine. These prices are insane. I can forego gaming for a few months and by the Ruger Precision rifle in 6.5 Grendel that i want.

You mean 6.5 Creedmoor?

FYI, Grabagun in TX has them for $989. Cheapest I've seen 'em. :)

Jesus, at 1300 i am tempted to sell mine. These prices are insane. I can forego gaming for a few months and by the Ruger Precision rifle in 6.5 Grendel that i want.

Dump that thing, mining is crashing hard, worst case you pick one up in a month for $800 ish or buy a Titan XP heh.

THe price may go back up, but this drop is scary enough to make people stop hoarding GPUs for a while, may as well get top dollar for it

no way i'm gonna pay $1k... the hardcore miners won't budge but the newbie/amateur miners will probably give up and start unloading their gpus. be patient, 1080Ti cards will start dropping. the market will correct itself, it always does.

I don't know. At $7,500 a bitcoin, I think there are enough people interested in it to keep the mining craze going for quite awhile. To be exact when it gets cheap, I foresee a lot of people are going to start buying as many bitcoin currency as they can to ride the next wave when it rises again.

International companies are now using Blockchain tech to trade loads of oil. I think that alludes to it becoming mainstream now. The solution is for America to open some new semiconductor factories to meet demand.

Dump that thing, mining is crashing hard, worst case you pick one up in a month for $800 ish or buy a Titan XP heh.

THe price may go back up, but this drop is scary enough to make people stop hoarding GPUs for a while, may as well get top dollar for it

This is FUD and trollish. You don't seem to understand the causes for the current GPU shortage at all.

Not sure why some people believe BTC dipping suddenly changes all the factors that did contribute. It doesn't. The "flood of cheap GPUs" myth is pure fantasy.

The "flood of cheap GPUs" myth is pure fantasy.

Perhaps, but a crash such as this will at minimum drop demand and in return, prices. If I had a 1080 or Vega I'd make $500 off it right now while the getting was good

You mean 6.5 Creedmoor?

FYI, Grabagun in TX has them for $989. Cheapest I've seen 'em. :)
There is 6.5 Creedmore and Grendel depending on your taste of cartridge.
This would be a cheaper hobby over gaming at this point.....lol

There is 6.5 Creedmore and Grendel depending on your taste of cartridge.
This would be a cheaper hobby over gaming at this point.....lol

Yeah, I know there is a Grendel, just hadn't seen the RPR chambered in it. True, lol. :hilarious:

This is FUD and trollish. You don't seem to understand the causes for the current GPU shortage at all.

Not sure why some people believe BTC dipping suddenly changes all the factors that did contribute. It doesn't. The "flood of cheap GPUs" myth is pure fantasy.

Now that is some FUD.

Back