Newegg has all the R9's listed now....

Would be a huge mistake to have nothing priced between $300 (R9 280x) and $650-700 (R9290x).

AMD is licking their chops to sell cards at $649-699. i wouldn't be surprised if they shelved the 290, at least for a few months

seriously where are the non-ref 290X??? This sucks...all the 280 are non-ref

Why does the Asus card have dc2t in the part number yet it is reference ? Wrong picture or is Asus just on crack.

The MSI and Gigabyte 280X cards that Newegg currently has are looking clean. Would not mind popping one of those in with my 7970GHz.

Reviews, REVIEWS!

Next week will be a interesting week. Come on Tuesday! LOL:D

Pricing confirmed? Heck, it's even out of stock!

PU8SBeS.png

Last edited:
Dont matter to me.... waterblock baby!

This is the correct answer. Although I heard Koolance isn't making a block for the 290 which sucks because they're the only company that doesn't charge 150 bucks for some copper and plastic.

Why is the XFX card only 2 years warranty. SHENANIGANS!

Last edited:
This is the correct answer. Although I heard Koolance isn't making a block for the 290 which sucks because they're the only company that doesn't charge 150 bucks for some copper and plastic.

Yeah, when I stopped by their offices last week, I got the standard "We have no plans at this time". You can take that which ever way you want. Gonna go for 2 290x's, and when they come in, gonna stop by again and wave the boxes in the air and run around the warehouse until they say yes or call the cops.

it sure as hell better come with BF4. if so then i can justify the price, but if not then no deal.

Oh, you'll get your precious BF4 for that price. But not the DLC. Those, you'll have to buy separately on your own.

Oh, you'll get your precious BF4 for that price. But not the DLC. Those, you'll have to buy separately on your own.

I've been reading that it'll include BF4 and Premium, and then some say it's just the base game.

There's only 8000 of them - world wide - so it'll probably be OOS seconds after they show up on Newegg, so that leaves us with when are we going to see regular 290x cards?

Ah, sorry.
I was making a joke on the 290 card being listed as costing $10000 on NE right now. Don't know if the Premium will be included with the purchase of 290x.

i really dont understand why AMD aren't allowing non-red 290X from release

It takes AIBs time to create custom cards, especially on a whole new generation

with 280X it was easier, cause its jut 7970 GHz Edition re-branded

simple really

Ah, sorry.
I was making a joke on the 290 card being listed as costing $10000 on NE right now. Don't know if the Premium will be included with the purchase of 290x.

your joke landed with me :D

Ah, sorry.

oh i c

yeah at that price it should come with your very own tank

Yea, I saw that on the site at one point, but hey R9 290's DO exist. Woot!!!

Just wish I knew how much they will cost. I'm guessing $399 maybe $499. If it's $399 I'm gettin one if
$499 I'll pass and goes with the 280x. $100 bucks goes further today than 6 years ago.

Last edited:

Yeah, that's the R9-290, non-X version.

Speaking of prices, Fudzilla is reporting different pricing from different retailers:
http://www.fudzilla.com/home/item/32788-radeon-r9-290x-listed-between-$549-and-$729

Pricing is supposedly $699 to $729 depending on the retailer such as Newegg. But, reference Sapphire R9-290X in Canada has one for $579 CAD. Then, 3 US retailers have the same card priced at $555, $608, and $616.

They're also saying the pricing could come down to as low as $599 at launch but pre-orders are being kept purposely high.

All in all, if it comes in at $599, that would be a pretty decent price.

Yeah, that's the R9-290, non-X version.

Speaking of prices, Fudzilla is reporting different pricing from different retailers:
http://www.fudzilla.com/home/item/32788-radeon-r9-290x-listed-between-$549-and-$729

Pricing is supposedly $699 to $729 depending on the retailer such as Newegg. But, reference Sapphire R9-290X in Canada has one for $579 CAD. Then, 3 US retailers have the same card priced at $555, $608, and $616.

They're also saying the pricing could come down to as low as $599 at launch but pre-orders are being kept purposely high.

All in all, if it comes in at $599, that would be a pretty decent price.
Gives me some hope of $450 or lower price for a 290 early next year.

Lol... looks like AMD's "Operation Pricing Confusion" is working...

:D

Back