Newegg / [H]ardOCP AMD Athlon X2 5000+ Black Edition Drawing

Status
Not open for further replies.
1. I would have to buy a new motherboard from newegg.com of course because my old motherboard is socket 939. Of course I would then overclock it in my custom water cooled system! Then I would have to upgrade the wife's computer with my old stuff. Love AMD!

2. Phenom

I would finally get a upgrade from the +3000 that I currently have in my main machine. I need to get that server back up ;)

I would finally get a upgrade from the +3000 that I currently have in my main machine. I need to get that server back up ;) Phenom

If I won the AMD 5000+ Black edition, I wold stop buying parts for a new Intel system and By an AM2 motherboard with Crossfire, so I could purchase two new ATI 3800 series video cards.

Now that's a system!! :cool:

What would I do with it? Have a starting point in building a system that stood a chance to play Crysis! :eek::D

The new processer is called the Phenom!

1) Let's be honest, I would sell the processor to make some money to pay for college! Sorry it may not be what the [H]'ers wanna hear.
2) AMD Phenom!

1. What would you do if you won an AMD Athlon X2 5000+ Black Edition CPU?
I would build one heck of a gaming system for myself and fold for the [H] with the off-cycles! :)
2. What is the name of the new AMD next-generation desktop processor?
Phenom is the overall processor line codename, Kuma is the dual-core (Phenom X2) version and Agena FX (Phenom FX) is the quad-core.

1. I would build a PINK PC and auction it off. I would then donate all proceeds to the Susan G. Koman foundation.
2. Phenom.

1. I'd get to work regaining the aircooled X2 record, my 5600+ had the flag for a while, but others have surpassed me. The Brisbane has finally arrived on the maximum speed scene and the Black Edition 5000+ G2 revision is the best of the best in an AM2 socket.

2. Phenom X4 and Phenom X2.

1. I'd Frame it and place above my monitor to remind me to save $$ to build a brand new system around it. then when that's done, give my old system to my mother so she can check her e-mail at blinding speeds.

2. Phenom

1) I'd build a new system around it, since I'd have a use for the 6gb of DDR2 I have lying around! Then I would both "pwn teh nubs" as the kids say, and use my new speedy system to do some killer word processing for school!

2) Phenom

1) I would raise a Newegg.com and Hardocp.com flag on the flagpole outside of my home. For the holidays, I would give newegg/hardocp t-shirts away! I then would proceed to tell every neighbor, friend, co-worker, family member, random stranger on the street just how great Newegg.com and Hardocp.com truly is!

2) Phenom

1. Build a High Def HTPC using an AMD motherboard chipset, one of those smoking new HD 3850 cards with HDMI and plenty of juice for Large-Screen gaming :D
2. Phenom/PhenomFX is the short answer, let me know if you want more :)

1. i'd pick up a modern board and vid card, as my current system is fast.... oc'd opty 170 , s939,
but it's not THAT fast. i'd likely do what i always do..... find out EXACTLY how far i can push that pretty black cpu.

2. the phenom

1) i would kill off the socket939 board and use it as a file server to make way for a new board with this cpu:D

2)phenom

1. Build an AM2 Folding@Home system with an 19xx series card to really do some work.
2. Phenom - and I hope it performs similarly to the Penryns

Ooooo....this one is easy.

1. I'd go back to my previous life as an AMD fanboy. I always felt a little slutty the way I implemented my "bi-curiousness" with Intel.

2. Phenom.....FTW!

1. compare a pair of hd3870 vs the 9000 series replacing the gf8800u while deciding on mobo.
2. Phenom

1).Upgrade my Opty 170 S939 system, my youngins gets an upgrade too, their system is a Celery 1200 & Is rapidly EOL :eek:

2). Phenom Baby! =) Muhahahahahahahaha! D

1) Swap it out with the CPU in my VMWare server (x2 4800) and put the cpu from that box in my kid's PC (currently an A64 3700+) to give them some dual core love.
2) Phenom

1.) I would create world peace and end hunger. I'd develop a unified healtcare plan that would provide more than adequate coverage for everyone.

Then, after I save the world, I'll build my sister a computer as a Christmas present for when she comes back from Iraq.

2.) El Phenom Diablo (aka Phenom) :cool:

1) Build one hell of a shoutcast Internet TV station. Besides I want to see what this chip could do with a pair of raided 15k cheeta drives... I LOATH IDE... nothing more than a MFM drive that can park itself... end of rant

2) Phenom!

ACiDRAiN

1. Sell it and my old Nvidia card so I can buy two 3870 videocards for a Crossfire setup.

2. Phenom

1. Cover the processor with warm maple syrup. Rub it all over my face. Fall asleep in the warm sticky AMD goodness.

2. Phenom

1) Build a new rig with all the remaining components purchased exclusively from NewEgg, as always.
2) Phenom

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back