Newegg / [H]ardOCP AMD Athlon X2 5000+ Black Edition Drawing

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd throw my old Processor in a skeet sHooter and cry manly tEars as it left this world. TheN I would use my new prOcessor to uncoMpress and recompress home movies I made of my dog Scruples- Hot.

1: I would build a new computer and give this one to my sister, she need's one for school.

2: The name of the new AMD CPU will be Phenom.

1. I will use it to :p at everyone else and :D. If that does not work, I can always steal some else's witty idea and do that instead.
2. Phenom!

1) It would be a replacement for my aging computer, need a new computer to get me through until I get my BS in Computer Science

2) Phenom

1: I would do nothing. I would not even look at it. I would ignore it forever. This so called"Black Edition" would be in such a state. After 20 or more years a museum could use it in a display of past coumputer tech. Would I buy a new MoBo for it? No. Would I buy new memory? No. Would I buy anything? No I would N......OK,OK,OK....so I would get all that! Just give me the chip! I NEED IT!! GIMME,GIMME,GIMME.....

2: Phenom

1. I would have to upgrade my mobo and peripherals from a S939 3500+ to accomadate the new raw power, then I would do the video transfer to dvd project (homemade family vids) I have not got around to yet.

2. Phenom.

1. I would give it to a financially burdened friend who accidentally killed his current CPU.

(He broke the pins off the back while trying to replace the stock thermal paste...)

2. Phenom

1. If I win that AMD 5000+ Black Edition. I'm going to sell my Core 2 Duo CPU and I will swear Allegiance to AMD for the rest of my life(if it has to be in writing). I Still think AMD is the bomb in cpus:)

2. Phenom

1) I'm going to put the CPU to good use - fold for [H] perhaps.

2) Of course, I can smell Phenom... it smells like victory.

1. Upgrade my S939 setup and push that Black Edition to the limit.

2. Phenom.

1) I'd build a server to host the dedicated gmae servers for my lan parties so I can game on my own rig.
2) Phenom

1. I would put it on the highest shelf in my room and make a shrine around it and stare at it for a day, then I'd build a new system and push that mofo to its limits
2. Phenom

1. If I get the processor in a box thing, I will FRAME BOX IT ! I will MAKE and NOT BUY a crystal glass box, using some nice expensive wood for the box frame. I will open the box put that in the middle, take out CPU and put it right beside the CPU box, take the cooler put it on the other side, take the docs and manuals put a bit behind the box and put the sticker right under the processor. I will also make a plexi glass stand for the processor.

If I get just the processor, I will still FRAME IT ! I will again MAKE and NOT BUY a crystal glass frame, with nice good wood as frame. Put a little white foam, cut out a bit on the middle of the foam, put the processor in there. and Baam !

2. Phenom

1. fist off i would put it under my modified vapochill to push it as far as it would go. then i would put it in a new htpc build that would be used for all the things htpc´s can be used for, offcourse folding while idle :)

2. phenom

1. What would you do if you won an AMD Athlon X2 5000+ Black Edition CPU?

1) My roomate and I would make a Mineral Oil Submerged Computer out of it and post all the results in the [H]ard Forum... because we are that geeky and it would be fun.

2. What is the name of the new AMD next-generation desktop processor?

2) ƤĤĒŃŌϺ

1) I would rid the world of canablisitic trolls, I would smite legions of undead, and I would finally level my enchanting to 375.

2) Phenom

I would close my eyes as a mystical breeze washed over my pores,
and I would smile the knowing smile of he who has OC'd AMD before.
Does would look up from the limpid springs where they timidly sip and bound away,
eagles would alight to eye my progress within reach of their talon's stay.
And as I drew nigh, a 75 and 7 processor would slip and fall silently on the carpet of dead leaves at my feet, then remain as my stride broadened.
My hands extend, displaying a blackened miniature Ka'aba, my lips part, and thus issues forth as the winds rise; "Behold, I have returned home!... AMD Black!" and my new era of computing would commence as I paired it with a 790FX-based board and leapt to throw Odin from his throne.

2. Phenom (X4, or even PhenomFX, if you please)

Hmmmm....
1. Probably squeal like a high school girl who just met her favorite pop celebrity dream date...
2. AMD Phenom

1. Build a PC I can overclock! I could encode home movies to DVD with it play next gen games and send this old pc to the kids room for DVD playback which is all it sees anymore.
2. Phenom

1. Finally force me to abandon this ancient 478 and build a new system around it. lol

2. Phenom

1. I'd start with a bunch of flowers and a box of chocolate. I'd call her in the middle of the night, ask her out and later emotionally confess my feelings with tears in my eyes. Slowly, I could make her understand what a great guy I was, and how much our relationship really meant to me. We should be together forever.

But somewhere in the back of my mind I'd still know: one of these days along the road I'd walk into this computer store and fall in love again. With an Intel.

2. Phenom.

1. Very specifically, I need this awesome new proc to improve my SMP folding box, and for virtualization testing with VMWare for work. My old overclocked 3800+ 939 proc is just not cutting the mustard when running more than two Virtual Machines. I could get alot more work done, that's for sure.

2. Phenom (Barcelona/Agena Core)

1. Use it to build a testing box for my certifications and of course use it to fold!
2. Phenom

1: ethier rebuild the htpc. or build pc3 for doing somthing. who knows. 24/7 dvd to wmv conversion

2: Phenom

1. If I won, I'd give my current rig to my parents (who currently have my old old Socket A setup), and I'd buy a new motherboard/ram (from Newegg of course) to go with that new CPU.
2. Phenom

1. I would donate my current 939 skt rig and singlecore amd 3200+ to a local charity, buy a decent AM2 board with matching DDR2 memory, dust off mah OC hat, and see what that puppy can do!

2.Phenom !!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back