Newegg / [H]ardOCP AMD Athlon X2 5000+ Black Edition Drawing

Status
Not open for further replies.
1. Build a new rig (with parts from newegg ;) ) and give my current one to a well deserving friend that really needs a computer.
2. Phenom :D

lol, I should use it upgrade my firewall. Right now it is a beast. 100mhz of AMD power and 40mb of ram. That is less important than my friend needing a computer though and I have nothing to complain about, it does the job!

1. I would use it as a coaster for my beer...

...j/k of course. I would use it. Simple as that.

2. Phenom X2/X4

1. I'd install the Rosetta software from the Howard Hughes Medicla Institute which uses your unused CPU cycles to do charitable medical research: Rosetta@home needs your help to determine the 3-dimensional shapes of proteins in research that may ultimately lead to finding cures for some major human diseases. At http://boinc.bakerlab.org/rosetta/

2. Phenom

1. It would replace my current Intel rig, which randomly decided to let out the magic smoke when I started it yesterday (catastrophic motherboard failure which apparently took the CPU with it).

2. Phenom

1. This is a true story.

I'm donating a computer to a child whose father commited suicide in April.

His name is Craig and he will be turning 18 in December. As a young boy, his father would spend hours teaching Craig to play different Beatles songs. Craig plays many instruments including the Piano, Electric Bass, Standup Bass, Guitar, and Drums.

One thing his father left Craig were recordings he produced which include many Beatles songs (where his Father played all instruments and did the voice) which provides Craig much solance over this tough time.

I want to help Craig fulfill his dream of becoming a real musician and build him a rig capable of recording music, just like his father used to do. Craig is an amazing musician, and he will produce incredible tracks.

This processor would be used as the heart of a computer mainly used to record Craig's beautiful music. But more then that, he will be able to reconnect with his father through the passion they both shared.

Either way, that computer will be built, and Craig will have a smile on his face.

Thanks for listening.

2. Phenom.

1: Buy a new mobo- have good ram form Newegg already and HardOCP all the way!

2: Phenom

1) I'd buy a kit for my Vapochill LS and try to oc that cpu to see what #'s i get and replace my 2.4C cpu that i have in the box.

2) Phenom

1) I would put it my Wifes computer so hers and mine would match
2) Phenom

I already have a black edition 5000 and I love it. I would replace the 4200+ in my wifes computer with this. Lower heat and faster gaming :)

http://www.lukek.ca/?page_id=2

1. I'd go to danger den and get a second radiator and a water block and see how close to 4 GHz I could get on my Aasus Crosshair

2. Phenom

1 - Give my current s939 PC to my sister-in-law, as she has no computer at home :eek: (a crime, I know), and build a new one around it.

2 - Phenom

1. I would upgrade the girlfriends machine (currently AMD Athlon 64 3800+) so at least she's in the same "neighborhood" (newegg shipped me an AMD X2 6400+ Black Edition!!!).

2. Phenom :D

1) I am currently a residence in the dorm rooms of Rutgers University. About two months ago, when I brought my laptop from home here, it was stolen when I was out to class by either one of my suite mates or one of their friends. Every single day from that day forth, I have been forced to use the public computers in the campus center and the libraries. If I were to win, I would finally muster up the courage to build an awesome computer, and protect it with dear life.
2) Phenom is the name of the new AMD next-generation desktop processor.

-Eric

1) I'd take it, place it in the center of my room surrounded by candles and some New Age hippy music, and bask in it's glory. Oh yeah, after that I'd probably put together a new computer with it to replace my AMD 64 3200+ :p

2) Phenom. A much better name than other-competitors-who-aren't-AMD have if you ask me.

1. I would use the processor to replace our existing Athlon X2 3600+ (Brisbane, clocked at 2.8ghz). I would then overclock the new processor and hopefully get better results than with the Brisbane. I have a feeling that this would lead me to add more RAM and possibly upgrade to Vista.

2. Phenom

1. Donate my C2D E6750 PC to a worthy cause, because I am an AMD fan at heart. I was lucky to be given this Intel CPU for my birthday and need to go back to AMD. :> Although not very expensive, this would be the jump start I need to do it! Break out the water cooling and have a blast! Thank you for this opportunity! I love [H]ardOCP and Newegg!!! :eek:

2. Phenomenon by LL Cool J, um I mean Phenom. :eek:

1. First, I would have fun with overclocking it. It's been a long time since I had a unlocked chip. Second I would drop a nice chunk of change at newegg to build a new unit around this chip (and hopefully find a 8800GT).

2. Phenom

1) I would rub it all over my body and post it on youtube.
(and by that I mean upgrade my 3400+ which I'm running now)
2) Phenom

1. Give it to my 60+ yo dad for him to build a OCed rig around. Yeah, for *him* to build it and for *him* to OC it... he's the one that got me into the scene years and years ago. :p

He's been thinking about putting together a low-end system and OCing it after xmas... but can't justify it to himself (he just wants a new toy to play with... just like the rest of us addicts... >_>). Because he's not really needing it, he's started talking about trying to get one of the fry's specials with an ECS mb and a e2160 or so... he'd have so much more fun with this! :)

2. Phenom

1. Winning a new X2 5000 Black would be the first piece of my new gaming rig. It's been 6 months since i could game due to school and prepping to get out of the military. Would be a nice job well done gift!

2. Phenom

1) With a new enthusiast processor, I'd click on over to NewEgg and chose the rest of the gear I needed to build my first gaming computer in six years. I've had to keep in notebook computers for work and school, and getting all the funds together all at once to build a new system seems impossible these days. If I won the processor, though, I'd have the impetus to really get going!

2) Phenom, coming soon to slay an Intel near you.

1) I would pass my FX-53 Socket 940 rig to my wife, take her socket 754 A64 3200+ rig and turn it into a folding/server box, and build myself a new dual core rig for gaming.

2) Phenom

1) I would use it to build a gaming rig for my son Alex. Alex has Asperger's sydrome and needs a new PC to get his game on. He is excited about the new games coming out but his PC is getting a little old.

2) Phenom

1) Finally build another AMD box, and give my current Intel box to the homeless.

2)Phenom

1. What would you do if you won an AMD Athlon X2 5000+ Black Edition CPU?
  2. What is the name of the new AMD next-generation desktop processor?

1. First I'd do a pathetic looking little "haha I won" jig, brag about it to my other computer buddies, buy an am2 motherboard, overclock the crap out of it, benchmark like crazy, play video games 'til i break another mouse, and then introduce someone to the wonderful world of enthusiast computing by giving it to them. That or keeping it, and giving them my current intel rig ;p).

2. Phenom! LOL. This thread is going to get so many hits for the word phenom. Where the heck is fusion or falcon or whatever it's called?!

1. What would you do if you won an AMD Athlon X2 5000+ Black Edition CPU?
*** I would build a PC that can handle my regular tasks while still being able to [H]ard Fold for the cause!***

2. What is the name of the new AMD next-generation desktop processor?
***Phenom***

LET THE GAMES BEGIN!

1. I'd build a machine around it and donate it to the nearest school. (Seriously.)
2. Phenom.

1) I will install it in my computer so I can speed up my searches on Newegg.com for 8800GT video cards.

2) Phenom

1, I would use it in a raffle or some sort of contest in the Hard DC forum to drum up support for folding.

2. Phenom

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back