Newegg / [H]ardOCP AMD Athlon X2 5000+ Black Edition Drawing

Status
Not open for further replies.
1. I would open the box that it comes in from newegg.....and stair at my very first brand new CPU that i have ever owned......then comence in selling everything i can (including all my racing mowers) to purchase a decent setup for that amazing CPU.....(i could really use the upgrade :()

2. Phenom

Kyle...i must say thanks to you for [H] (and Cliff and everybody else....i wouldnt know what to do without it ;) )

1. Finally upgrade from my Skt 939 board and try to overclock the heck out of that puppy.
2. Phenom baby yeah cant wait.

1. I'd freak that I actually won something. Then I'd replace my 5200 with the 5000. Then I'd go into the BIOS and change the CPU multiplier because I can.

2. Phenom

1. I'd get an AM2 motherboard and some DDR2 first of all, then I'd finally get that dang 30-second Superpi that I just can't seem to reach with the current setup. Then, since I'll have AM2 already, I'll probably get a...

2. Phenom!

when the price comes down a notch or two.

(Yep, that's right, giving me the 5000+ will result in me buying future AMD products... hint hint)

1. I would finally upgrade my AMD system from the Athlon XP 2500+ (yeah socket A baby!)I am currently running. Although the Athlon 2500+ has been faithfully chugging along now for almost 4 years its starting to show its age.
2. Phenom

1. If I won I'd do the same thing I do every night, [H]; Try to take over the world! And OC.

2. Phenom

1. I would finally be able to be an active member of the gaming society, i have been a devoted member of the working society and also a full time student, so money and bills have taken precedent over computer upgrades i know upgrades have played second fiddle to things like electricity, food, and rent but my AMD Athlon XP 1700+ would love to join the folding team and pass on the great gaming experience to the AMD Athlon X2 5000+. Thank you Newegg.

2.AMD Phenom

1. If I were the lucky winner, I would use the CPU to build a new gaming rig for my brother :cool:

2. The Phenom (I copied everyone's answer) ;)

1. What would I do? I would finally get out from under my Intel Northwood 3Ghz system I bought back in November, 2003 from Newegg. $3000 for the complete system and for 4 years I've wished I had bought AMD. Now's the chance...

2. Phenom

1. Build a new computer....buying all my parts from NewEgg. :D

2. Phenom

1. I would finally be able to be an active member of the gaming society, i have been a devoted member of the working society and also a full time student, so money and bills have taken precedent over computer upgrades i know upgrades have played second fiddle to things like electricity, food, and rent but my AMD Athlon XP 1700+ would love to join the folding team and pass on the great gaming experience to the AMD Athlon X2 5000+. Thank you Newegg.

2.AMD Phenom

1) He thinks he has problems! I still have an Athlon XP 1500+! I had my system custom built 6 years ago! It even has a GeForce FX5200 GFX card (one of the only components to be updated, and it was given to me 2 years ago by someone replacing it). I am so obsolete on hardware that I don't even know what gaming is anymore... :(

2) Phenom

1. I would say screw health insurance premiums and build a new rig early, keeping me away from intel temptations - and finally retire my current rig as a folding/renderbox...
2. Phenom

1. I'd build a multi purpose system around, I have a old P4 Based system and I'm dying to get back to AMD, This system would be a HD Gaming/PVR/General Use system that would prettie much never be shut off.

2. Phenom

What would you do if you won an AMD Athlon X2 5000+ Black Edition CPU?
:eek: First I'd be able to finally build a new PC with next Gen Proc. Of course Game. And OC'd it as much as possible. I'm still running a P4 478socket. :(

What is the name of the new AMD next-generation desktop processor?
Phenom!!!!

1a) Buy more RAM, and donate my old PC to a family in our church.
b) Buy more AM2 compatible hardware from Newegg
c) Start a forum thread with a pic from my donation to help others "get in the spirit of giving" a little early this year.

2) Phenom

If you've read this far, please take a look at the Child's Play Charity.
http://www.childsplaycharity.org/about.php

1. I would buy a new system based on the AM2 platform from Newegg, and then strap the CPU down to a phase change cooler and OC the hell out of it. It would be include a worklog with a custom case and plenty of pictures. Or I would do some extreme benchmarking runs using dry ice or LN2.

2. Phenom

1. Assemble a kick-ass video machine and make many aforementioned KICK-ASS videos

2. Phenom[inal product]

1. Find the answer to world hunger, find the cure for AIDS, crunch protein analysis algorithms to cure all cancers, find a way to stop china importing poisoned consumer products to the world.

2. The: AMD overpriced - making commodity resellers happy and shareholders happy - cross your fingers it works because Intels CPU does work finally, Phenom FX, Phenom X4, Phenom X3.

1. Build a great AMD machine to upgrade my aging Prescott single core machine. :(
2. Phenom

Thanks you guys! AWESOME!

1) I'd tear down my current socket 939 setup, and build a new box around the X2 5000+ ..overclocking it as far as it would go of course! :)

2) Phenom

1.) I will use it to cure cancer, discover alternate fuel sources, feed the poor, and find my remote control. (Actually, I'll buy an AM2 motherboard and see how closely I can echo [H]'s results! :D)
edit: I see my post became far less original during the time it took me to type it!

2.) Phenom.

1.) Go back to AMD, who I used so faithfully until the Core 2 Duos blew them away.

2.) Phenom

1. If I won an AMD Athlon X2 5000+ Black Edition CPU, I would:
a. Use NewEgg's generous 7-day return policy to return that CPU. With the resulting store credit and my own funds, I would then purchase from NewEgg an AMD Athlon X2 6400+ Black Edition CPU, because my motherboard wants the [H]ardest blackest CPU it can take.

b. Purchase from NewEgg new motherboard and memory - I'm looking at DFI Lanparty and Mushkin Redline.

c. Oh yeah, and then the quest for >4 GHz shall begin.

2. Profit! No, I mean

P H E N O M !

1. Overclock the SHIT out of it, then when I can't OC anymore, plunk it in a mineral oil bath and push the envelope more

2. Phenom the Phantom

1. If I won the AMD Black CPU I would use it to lower the cost of a gaming rig I am helping my Mac friend build to move him off Apple/OSX and into a real machine that can actually play games and be upgraded better hardware over time. It is still in the pricing/specing phase so we would change plans from Intel Conroe/680i motherboard to a AMD chipset motherboard and of course use the AMD Black CPU.

2. Phenom

1. I would upgrade from stone knives and bear skins to a modern platform.
2 Phenom

1. If I won the Newegg / [H]ardOCP AMD Athlon X2 5000+ Black Edition Drawing, I'd donate most of my current computer to my good friend who doesn't have a lot of money and is desperately in need of a new one- his old Socket A mobo isn't doing so well, as it's starting to develop some leaking and bulging caps.

2. Phenom

1. If i won an X2 5000+ cpu i would jump with joy as i could actually get to upgrade my computer this year. Currently a student with no job money is tight and i cannot input as much money into my hobby as i would like.
2. The new amd quad core cpu is dubbed phenom

1. I'd want to use it as a replacement for the old Celeron 1.5 cpu we're running. Finally we would have a machine that could boot before the coffee's brewed!

2. Phenom is AMD's next-gen desktop processor

Many thanks to Newegg and the [H] for this great giveaway!

1. I'd get an aftermarket cooling solution (air), and overclock the crap outta it. Then I'd proceed to run Folding @Home and encode my DVD's to Xvid to keep my room nice and toasty during the cold winter months.

2. Phenom

Aggies

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back