Newegg / [H]ardOCP AMD Athlon X2 5000+ Black Edition Drawing

Status
Not open for further replies.
1. Id see what it could do on a modded phase change unit and see if 4 ghz is possible on it without dry ice or ln2. Of course Id have to get a am2 board first and 4 gigs of ddr2. Plus Id use it non stop for folding@home. Then Id upgrade my other machine with my fx-60 and donate my athlon xp-2500 to a school.

2. Phenom

1) Build a new computer for my two daughters with it, seeing how fast that processor could go! If it goes fast enough I might keep it for myself :D

2) Phenom

Thanks [H]ardOCP and NEWEGG for the chance to win. I've bought all of my parts for my last 4 computers from NEWEGG after reading the reviews on [H]ardOCP. And I visit [H]ardOCP at least twice every day, couldn't do without either of your sites.

1. I'd buy all black colored clothing and walk around the black box and say I'm mourning the loss of my Core 2 Duo setup...then after the grief period is over (5 minutes tops) I'd over clock it ;)

2. Phenom

1.) I would get so excited I would vomit on my lap and then cry joyful tears.
2.) Phenom.

1.) I would clock, clock, clock away.. Game.. Do everything with it..
2.) Phenom

1: Replace the CPU in my new AMD rig.
2. Phenom

Thanks Kyle and Newegg.

-Simon
----------
- Barium: What doctors do when treatment fails

What would you do if you won an AMD Athlon X2 5000+ Black Edition CPU?

Warning: Excessive use of the word megahertz ensues.

I would take the CPU and... drill a hole through it to create an anchor for my fishing pole. Hopefully, the CPU will give my fish more megahertz while being watercooled by the waters of the lake. Maybe disturb the aquatic life and drop in some dry ice to prechill the fish and give me more megahertz! Afterwords, I would repair the cpus hole using space age alien technology.

The alien technology will create a black hole within my cpus megahertz so that the megahertz will fold in upon themselves to create more megahertz. I see multiple thousands of megahertz in my future.

What is the name of the new AMD next-generation desktop processor?
The next gen processor is Phenom... which is looking as if it will be a very brilliant, capable, and masterly processor for the masses. :D

1) Spend a lot of money on the rest of the components for a new system build, which I don't have since I just spent a lot of money on a new bike build :p.

2) Phenom (which is better than naming it after some random redneck town in New Mexico or wherever like your competition does)

1) I'd sell it and buy a Q6600. (Extra points for honesty? :D)

2) Phenom - which hopefully puts AMD back on top. I haven't had an Intel since my PII.

1. I guess I would just have to retire my 4800+ X2, my Corsair DDR RAM, and my A8N32-SLI.
2. Phenom

1) If I won the 5k black edition I would finally upgrade my system. This would give me an excuse to upgrade the motherboard, memory, heat sink etc.. It would be the first time I have won anything, so I would be relieved that the world wasn't out to get me....:(

2) The next generation AMD desktop processor is the "AMD Phenom".

1. Name it Fred and give it a loving home. Unless of course it pisses me off. In which case I'll poop on it and call it names.

2. Phenom

1. Be really surprised, then give it to my friend who wants to make a really good $500 gaming build

2. Phenom

1. I'd purchase a new Crossfire mobo for the AMD Athlon X2 5000+ and a pair of 3870s

2. Phenom

1. I would put it in my htpc to finally be able to play h.264 1080p.

2. Phenom (fee - nah - mmmm)

1) Upgrade my second workstation and totally spend a lot of money at Newegg.
2) Phenom! (No exclamation)

1 finally have a up to date pc. I always have to wait until everything is cheap and outdated to upgrade

2 PHENOM!

1. I would finally be able to build my system. I have a case and powersupply that have been sitting around for almost a year now. I just ordered a WD Raptor off of eBay because it was such a good deal. The money I would save from having to buy a processor would go towards 2 XFX NVIDIA 8600GT XXX graphics cards, 4-8GB of RAM, 1TB+ worth of storage, a D-Link Draft N Wireless Nic, and HDTV video capture card, possibly a Physics card, and most likely a 20" LCD monitor.

I would also finally be able to put the energy forth in making my computer to the theme I have never seen before and would go perfect with the Black Edition:

Fast, ever evolving and adapting, able to use anything around to help in the mission, and looking good in the process. There can only be one secret agent that can kill in the black of night. Bond, James Bond.

2. Phenom

!. Buy a new motherboard, powersuply, memory from newegg so i could overclock this thing proper.
2. Phenom

1. give my old pc to my brother, build a 1337 [SIZE=-1] hacker hax hax0r pwn cs hack l33t rig to play counter strike source.

2. phenom[/SIZE]

1) I would use it to help feed the starving children in Africa. I would use it to stop the slaughtering of baby seals. I would use it to stop illiteracy. I would use it to help build shelters for the homeless. I would us it to stop the senseless killing of computer-generated characters. I would use it to bring together Intel and AMD fanboys so that we may ALL sing Koom Bye Ya in peace and harmony. Most importantly, I would use it to save the endangered Gigahertz and find a cure for E-Penile dysfunction. I love you all............God Bless you.

2) Phenom based on Agena core socket AM2/AM2+

1) I would use it to help feed the starving children in Africa. I would use it to stop the slaughtering of baby seals. I would use it to stop illiteracy. I would use it to help build shelters for the homeless. I would us it to stop the senseless killing of computer-generated characters. I would use it to bring together Intel and AMD fanboys so that we may ALL sing Koom Bye Ya in peace and harmony. Most importantly, I would use it to save the endangered Gigahertz and find a cure for E-Penile dysfunction. I love you all............God Bless you.

2) Phenom based on Agena core socket AM2/AM2+

I would use it to help build shelters for the homeless.

rofl

1.) I would find the approximate cash value of the Amd Athlon X2 5000+ so I could declare the winnings on my tax return. Just like everyone else.

2. Phenom

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back