Newegg / [H]ardOCP AMD Athlon X2 5000+ Black Edition Drawing

Status
Not open for further replies.
1. What would you do if you won an AMD Athlon X2 5000+ Black Edition CPU?
2. What is the name of the new AMD next-generation desktop processor?

1) I would ditch my C2D E6300 setup and build an AMD system once again. :)

2) Phenom

1. I need this CPU because it is time to start developing the next generation of [H}--my four-and-1/2-year-old daughter is just getting old enough to start developing mad skillz, and this CPU will have her pwning all the other nubs at her pre-k!

2. Phenom.

1. I would first gives a big thank you to [H]ARDOCP and NEWEGG, build my 9 year old granddaughter a new computer.
2. Phenom

1. Put together one helluva HTPC around it

2. Phenom

Good luck everyone!!

1) First, I'd throw it in an old comp and see how it over clocks. Then I would most likely sell it, a little extra cash flow is always welcome.

2) Phenom

1. I would put it in a am2 motherboard and leave it at stock with a amd 3850.

2. Phenom

1. Upgrade file server and use it to offload computationally intensive stuff.
2. Phenom.

1. I'd rejoice that I could finally replace my FX60 and gain a performance boost. I don't think I'll go quad until next year, but at least with a free CPU I could probably get a nice MB and Ram combo after selling my current setup.

2. Phenom

1. It will give me a reason to upgrade my new computer from scratch!

2. Phenom

1) I'd replace my 3800+, and snag an 8800GT from the Egg to complement the 5000+. ;)

2) Phenom

1. Pick up some cheap parts for a simple build, OC the shit out of the 5000+ and turn it into a dedicated folding rig. My poor little P4 could sure use some help for the cause.

2. Phenom.

1. I would build a complete new system as my old socket A system is too damn slow.:eek:

2. Phenom(Barcelona)

Build a system around the cpu to fold for a cure for cancer. :)

After a few years ? Donate said system to a local Boys and Girls Club,as well as offer free tech support and system setup.

1. I would take pictures of myself in the nude with my new cpu and send them to everyone I know and be like wish you had one of these dont ya! lmao! Then I would OC the crap out of it. :)

2. Phenom

1. I would use it to build my new system, all H2O cooled, replacing the s939 a64 3000+ system I have now. OC'ing it is a given.
-For work: I would use X2 5000+ BE to finally edit the over 550 GB of raw DV footage of my newphew, daughter, and family taking since their births into DVDs for everyone.

- For play: My newphew would inherit my current system and we would have LAN parties over at my house where we would play world of conflict, team fortress 2, COD 4, UT 3, and good old BattleZone. That would be enough to convince him to leave his damn xbox 360 and halo 3 at home :D

2. Phenom

1. Build an watercooled SFF box to end all SFF boxes. (SLI a must)

2. The Phenom

1. I would stop offering to take my neighbors recyclables out so I could pick out the beer and soda cans to return to add to my "new rig" fund. Ohh yeah, and fold :D.

2. Phenom

1. Purchase new mobo and GPU to finally play some of the new games that are out.
2. Phenom

i would get the new 790fx chipset from amd. New 3870 graphics card, new memory, and of course crysis, ut3, and duke nuke em, if it ever comes out.

1. Finally upgrade my aging computer to a monster computer capable of decimating benchmarks and powerful enough to handle anything I can throw at it.

2. Phenom

1. Build a new rig and pass on the s939 setup for my kids computer.

2. Phenom

1) If I somehow was able to win the processor, I would build myself a new computer replacing my old 3000+ 754 Athlon machine and allowing for me to give that computer away to a family member. I would love to see my compile times for Gentoo to come down, which would mean I could start over clocking like I used too. Learning Linux for college is a pain.

2) Clearly, its Phenom

I would donate my current S939 build to a family member and purchase all new parts from Newegg for an X2 build. Thanks Newegg for supplying the parts for my previous builds, excellent service.

Phenom

1. I would build my kids a computer for their music and to teach the middle child Adobe Photoshop on my current AMD Opteron 175 Dual core. And use the 5000+ BE to overclock for my main machine.

2. Phenom.

1. What would you do if you won an AMD Athlon X2 5000+ Black Edition CPU?
Overclock the hell out of it because that's what it's made to do! Then I'd be sure to play Crysis for 24 hours to burn it in.

2. What is the name of the new AMD next-generation desktop processor?
Phenom

1. I would build a new gaming/work rig around it and put my old x2 as a server and folding machine.

2. Phenom

1. two options, either finally sell my 965-S after RMA and keep the conroe-L for testing, get an AM2 board that supports 6 drives in RAID5, and put the opteron back in my server and put the 5000+ in my main rig... they'd be purchased from the egg undoubtedly...
come to think of it i should get something for spending as much money as i do there... i should go add up all of my invoices, i bet it'd total over 30 grand

OR

just try to sell the opteron and put the 5000+ in my main rig... i'd like to say i was thinking about buying the 5000+ anyway, but hey, if i can get it for free ;)

2. PHENOMenal NEW CPU!

1) I would build my new computer with the first AMD since a 486 DX2-50. I really need to retire this P4 3gb

2) Phenom

PS) NewEgg is just the best there is!!!!!!!!!

Throwin' the old name in the virtual hat...

1 - Sell my 3800+, A8NSLI-Deluxe, and memory, buy new motherboard, video card from the egg.

2 - Phenom

3 - ...

4 - Profit!

1.) I would build a computer for my children. I have 5 kids and currently 4 of them are home-schooled. I have an old AMD 1000 mHz computer that they currently use, but it cannot handle some of the learning games, so this would give them a big part of a new computer for school.

2.) Phenom

Thank you, both Newegg and [H]ardOCP crew for this opportunity

1. I would probably give away my good ole 939 opteron system to a friend that really needs a system bad x.x and build a new computer :).

2. Phenom

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back