Newegg / [H]ardOCP AMD Athlon X2 5000+ Black Edition Drawing

Status
Not open for further replies.
1. five out of my last six builds have been amd based, so i would continue the legacy! that and save the world by folding ;)

2. phenom :cool:

1. Finally take the plunge into the Vista world with the X2 5000+ Black Edition. Just can't understand why the need for all the additional resources to run Vista. And to play Crysis! :p

2. Phenom

1: I would put my Black cpu on a robot, put into space, to the moon. Then I would overclock the moon so we would get more eclipses, thus lowering the temperature of the whole planet... all of us would benefit!

2: Phenom

1) I'd overclock it to 3.5ghz because i'm [H]ard!
2) Phenom of course.

Thanks for the drawing hardocp! =)

1. I would give the processor to a friend who has an almost 6 year old computer (Athlon XP 1800+ Socket A!) that I built for him. He is using the system now doing video and audio editing. It is painful to watch the system struggle running Adobe Premier. An X2 5000+ would be an amazing starting point to build a system around for him. Akumi is what he is making in his spare time using his current system. He just dosen't have any extra money anytime soon to upgrade or get a new system.

2. Phenom.

1. I would build a PC for my brother with it. Being Canadian allowed??

2. Phenom.

1) i would go onto newegg.com and buy a matching mobo, ram, and PSU so i could fix my computer, and stop having to use my wife's shuttle.

2) Phenom

1.) Spend two days explaining to my wife that I didn't squander the money I was going to spend on her Christmas present on another computer upgrade. Followed by sleeping alone in the spare bedroom for a little over a week and spending more money than I would've spent on the processor on flowers.

2.) Phenom

1. Sell my half-setup Intel rig, buy an AM2 board, and put it under water to do some mad overclocking.

2. Phenom

1. My current system was built from parts ordered from New Egg. So first thing I would do is start searching NE for a new motherboard and ram to put that bad boy in...wahoo...

2. Phenom

every computer I have owned/currently own including my laptop all had/have AMD chips...sometimes you have to go with the underdog...

1. First I would move my current PC into my living room and make it a HTPC, then Secondly I would build a whole new box to house my brand new AMD Athlon X2 5000+ Black Edition as the core. I'd probably slap in a Crossfire solution, get 2 250GB SATA drived and put it in a RAID solution, and get a 2 GB Corsair LL TwinX RAM kit to make full use of my new processor.

2. Phenom

1. I'd start teaching my 6 year old son how to build computers and overclock by using the CPU as a base for his first computer system, bringing [H] into a new generation, while wearing a NewEgg T-shirt.

2. Phenom...

1- Upgrade my wife from her current Athlon 3500+ skt939 CPU, so that she can have a more powerful platform to do her volunteer work on (American Gerbil Society, REACH, Mental Health, IPCop, Chuch, Boy Scouts- She does a LOT of volunteering!).

2- Phenom

1. I would give it to my dad, since his crappy Intel system just broke :mad:. That would mean I would probably have to buy him a new motherboard from newegg also.

2. Phenom

1. Build a computer for my parents who seem to be technologically challenged these days. My dad just doesn't seem to want to get rid of that Celeron 466MHz from like 1999? Of course I'd overclock it as well.

2. Phenom

1. I'll finally retire my old websurfing machine- an overclocked 1700XP (2.4GHz) and go for the gusto with a new AM2-based system, using the X2 5000+BE as the starting point. I hear someone got theirs cranked up to 4Ghz. I love a challenge..... :D

2. Phenom

1. If I won, then maybe my wife would let me build a new system. Just as I started to think about replacing my old system, we found out we were having twins. Now that they're here, all "mad money" has been redirected to feeding the little buggers. I wonder what would happen if you put Enfamil in a WC loop?:eek:

2. Phenom!

1) I'd build a server since my other half & kids have filled up their computers and the shared folder on mine with audio/video stuff. That way I can claim my computer back.

2) Phenom

I would use the processor to build a new computer to replace my 5 year old twin's K6 (500 Mghz) computer.

Phenom

1. If I won this x2 5000, I'd go to newegg.com and buy brand new parts, top the of line, and build me the ultimate gaming machine.

2. Phenom

:D

1. Build a gaming rig that would moonlight as a folding@home box when I wasn't using it.

2. Phenom

1) To get my wife off my backside I'de put it in her PC since she's an avid gamer for a nice upgrade. You have no idea how much a female gamer who's PC is not up to par in her opinion can make your life hell.

2) Phenom

1. Most definitely upgrade my little bro's rig, which is just a lowly +1800, but hey, it plays Starcraft still ;)

2. Phenom

1) I'd drop it into one of the new 790 series motherboards with at least 8GB of RAM, a 3800 video card and run 64 bit Vista Ultimate on it. Data mining by day, Fragging by Night.
2) Phenom

1. I would stand atop my roof and sing praises for New Egg and AMD! I would then replace my pillow with my new, kickass box and sleep with it every night! Oh, and I'd dedicate my old box completely to Folding At Home and team 33! :D

2. Phenom!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1. I would run around my neighborhood in speedos, an [H] written on my bare chest (I'm asian btw so it really is bare) and an AMD cape screaming "AMD ROX MY SOX BUY THE NEW PHENOM PROCESSOR!!! ", after which I would do a belly flop into the community pool.

Then I would walk home, satisfied by my accomplishment of a successful advertisement drive and a possible 10 seconds on the local news and my face permanently captured in a Youtube video... that is all...

oh and if you were asking what i'd do with the chip, i'd probably kick some serious ass in UT3!!!

2. AMD Phenom!!!

1) Move on from my 939 setup to a new build! Possibly with xVista 64!

2) Phenom

1. I would make a sock puppet out of the 5000+ Black Edition CPU and taunt my 4800+ 939 CPU with it.

2. Phenom

#1. I'd finally upgrade my olde box with the AMD XP 1800+ and spend all my birthday money (from the 13th) on a new mobo and 4gb of RAM.
#2. Phenom

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back