Newegg / [H]ardOCP AMD Athlon X2 5000+ Black Edition Drawing

Status
Not open for further replies.
1a. install proc in mobo
b. overclock
c. fold
d. use proc to do all my vmware and rdp stuff on one machine that i use 3 for now
e. take pics of it to post on the forum to make everyone jelous
f. profit and then turn around and buy more ram

2. Phenom (i wonder who know this or are just coping everyone else?)

1. What would you do if you won an AMD Athlon X2 5000+ Black Edition CPU?

I'd rip out the x2 that I have currently, pop in the 5000+, and see just how far I could overclock it on air. Then I'd go to Newegg, buy some parts, and surprise my girlfriend with hand-crafted replacement for her sad old Dull computer.

2. What is the name of the new AMD next-generation desktop processor?

Phenom, baby. Go AMD!

Of course, I'm still hoping for a Phenom FX in my future :D

1. I wouldn't just go happy-happy joy-joy... I'd get a solid AM2 board and 4GB of DDR2-800 RAM (from the 'egg, of course) and push the Black Brisbane to its limit.

2. The Phenomonal Phenom

1) Use this processor to build myself a desktop that I have not had in over 3 years so I can play Half Life 2 once more.....still using my 3 year old dell laptop for everything, it barely plays WoW

2) Phenom!

1. Find a way to buy a mobo, ram and vidcard FROM NEWEGG and be happy that im out of the AGP era.

2. Phenom.

[crosses fingers]

1.) I would get the best AMD motherboard the ASUS CROSSHAIR AM2 NVIDIA nForce 590 SLI MCP ATX. Along with a set of CORSAIR Dominator DDR2 SDRAM 1111mhz (PC2 8888) Dual Channel Memory. For the storage a Seagate ES.2 Barracuda 1TB 7200 RPM SATA 3.0Gb/s Hard Drive would be good, along with a 2 Western Digital Raptors 150GB 10,000 RPM Serial ATA150 Hard Drives running RAID as system drives. Then we would go with 2 MSI NX8800Ultras Factory GPU OC'd at 660mhz and Mem at 2300mhz running SLI mode. To cool these 2 bad boys a Koolance Exos-2 LX with their VID-282 Water Blocks will keep them way cooler than the stock fans! For the display a SAMSUNG 275T Black 27" 6ms DVI Widescreen LCD 1900x1200 would compliment Crysis great. To keep the cpu at sub zero temps the Prometeia Mach II GT Phase-Change CPU Cooler Case Unit would be the only way to go. Powering the entire system would be a Thermaltake Toughpower ATX12V 1200W Power Supply to make sure everything wouldn’t even hiccup. As for an optical drive, the only way to go would be the LG GGW-H10N Blu-Ray Rewriter and HD-DVD ROM Combo Drive, it can read and write Blu-Ray discs, read and write DVD+/-R, and read HD-DVDs. Forget the format wars, this can handle everything! For gaming the Logitech G9 Black 5 Buttons Tilt Wheel USB Wired Laser Gaming Mouse is the best. Accommodating the gaming mouse the Ideazon Merc Stealth Illuminated Gaming Keyboard would be a great choice. The best for driving simulators and racing games the Logitech G25 Racing Wheel has everything !!6 gear H-Pattern shifter, paddle shifters, reverse gear, and clutch pedals. For the game pad controller, Microsoft's Xbox 360 controller for the PC is great. Set the fsb to 285 Mhz, Ram speed = 1000 Mhz DDR2 @ 4-4-4-12 2T, CPU to NB voltage to 1.4v, NB to SB voltage to 1.4, SB Core/PCIE voltage to 1.6v, and the HT from 5x to 4x, cpu voltage = 1.5v and ram voltage 2.1v. Meaning it would stable at 3700 Mhz and your flying!!! And that would be what I would do with a AMD X2 5000+ Black Edition CPU.

2.)
AMD.jpg

1. Drop that baby in my server and get use it to compile remotely instead of using my laptop :)
2. Phenom for the higher end, Althon and Sempron still on retainer.

1. Build a sweet new gaming rig with a new 3870, and crossfire support for another one depending on how the upcomming reviews pan out.

2. Phenom

1. Buy a new mobo to put it in. Also buy new ram. Than drool on my keyboard, shorting in out, making me buy a new keyboard. Than test that puppy out. I can't wait for a chance to get into the PCI-E bandwagon, and getting a free processor would greatly hasten it's arrival in my house. So I'm crossing my fingers, toes, and got my wife and kids crossing theirs as well that the AMD Santa Claus comes to my house (dressed in a brown UPS uniform) to introduce me to the quad-core world.

2. Phenom.

1. Build a second server to crunch Seti with, currently running a 6000+ (check sig:)). I have almost 100,000 setis :). I have a empty Cooler Master Stacker case waiting :D.
2. Phenom :), my future quad core cpu! :cool:

Build a secondary PC so my roommate and I can play Company of Heroes together

Phenom

<insert brown nosing here> ;)

1. I would put it in the new computer that I am building and thank kyle and newegg very very much oh and run folding @ home on the computer with the amd x2 5000+ black edition :D and fold for team 33 of course.
2. Amd Phenom!! and the quad known as 4x4.

1. I would finally upgrade from an aging XP 2100 and maybe be able to run BioShock:D
2. The Phenom

1. Phenom is amds next processor.
2. I would build a computer for my precious kitty to watch the mouse go around the screen so she can hit and play with it. This way i can game without having her paw my monitor.

1) Probably start with the CPU, and piece together a computer to donate to Semiamhoo House, a local society for kids with disabilities. I already have a great system, and they could use it a lot more than building myself a second computer.

2) Phenom

1: Probably use it to finally build a HTPC or sell it since I already have a QX6700
2: Phenom

1. Pinch myself 'cause I've gotta be dreamin'... then use a dual core processor for the first time o_O.

2. Phenom!

1. Show everyone at PDXLAN (500 man lan party that happens 2-3 times a year, I go to all of them) how badass my computer is! I'd probably build a mod to show it off as well.
2. The one and only Phenom baby!

=)

1. First there would be much rejoicing then I would have to head over to New Egg and purchase a board and memory.

2. Phenom

1. I would move most of my current rig into my HTPC and dump the 5000 into my main rig and have some fun with it. I do some graphical rendering and gaming so the added power would be greatly appreciated.

2. Phenom

1. Buy a new mobo from newegg to replace my S939, hopefully one that will also be compatible with Phenom. And then I would go play poker to see if I could recoup my money

2. Phenom, the reason why I havent upgraded yet.

NewEGG RULEZ!!!

1. I'd build a new 'black box', water-cool and OC it, load it with 2 GB of RAM, stick a GF 8800 GT in it for SupCom LAN battles and set it to folding for the [H]orde.

2. Phenom - be interesting to see the triple core and how it shapes up too ...

1. I'd put the Black in a server that will be used to control the lights and certain appliances in my home. The wiring is complete, just need the hardware now...

2. That would be the Phenom.

1. I'd build a file server/email box running Ubuntu 7.10 and run F@H on it 24/7.

2. The phenomenal Phenom!

Viva la [H]ard|Egg

[F]old|[H]ard

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back