Newegg FantasTech Sale Tomorrow

TaintedSquirrel

[H]F Junkie
NltOpj4.jpg

Starts midnight PST

They trying to compete with the Prime Day sale? Regardless, it's a win-win for consumers. :)

This is starting to annoy me now. Since when was July 15th suddenly made a day like this? Is Amazon having a (probably crappy) Prime sale really that big of a threat?

This is starting to annoy me now. Since when was July 15th suddenly made a day like this? Is Amazon having a (probably crappy) Prime sale really that big of a threat?

Its amazons 20th birthday i believe.

But since people are online, might as well ride the wave....people will be comparing prices

I don't have an issue with this. I'm doing a new build and newegg doesn't charge me tax unlike amazon. I'm going to go with the site that has the best deals since I get free shipping for both.

This is starting to annoy me now. Since when was July 15th suddenly made a day like this?
I remember an electronics vendor called CRAZY EDDIE back in the late 70's that had a Christmas sale in the summer. The tirade went something like this: It's the middle of the summer. It's hot. The sun is burning and you're on the beach. So what time is it? Well it's time for crazy eddie's christmas sale! There are still videos of it on youtube.

Of course, it turned out he doing all kinds of illegal things, so the gov't went after him. But in the meantime we got really good competition for the other merchants, who were forced to lower their prices too.

There were some good Marketplace deals this morning, but still... used products. Nothing really earth shattering either. ~$400 GTX 980's, ~$250 970's.

How good of a deal is the AMD x4 860k at $69.99? Regular price shows $89.99 so it's only $20, but does this put it in a "to be considered" category?

Haven't kept up with AMD CPUs but I'd wager the anniversary Pentium G3258 is better @ the same price.

How good of a deal is the AMD x4 860k at $69.99? Regular price shows $89.99 so it's only $20, but does this put it in a "to be considered" category?
Someone doesn't have the HoverHound extension ;)

You're only saving $5 since the average normal price of the X4 860K over the past two months is $75. But at $70, still not worth buying because...
Haven't kept up with AMD CPUs but I'd wager the anniversary Pentium G3258 is better @ the same price.
For gaming, for the most part, you're correct. See this review to know why:
http://www.techspot.com/review/1017-best-budget-gaming-cpu/

So yeah, not a "to be considered" category unless you 100% absolutely must play the two games out there that won't start with the Pentium G3258.

Yeah, that was not an impressive Prime Sale. "Better than Black Friday deals" HAH!

Yeah, that was not an impressive Prime Sale. "Better than Black Friday deals" HAH!
What bothers me most is the false advertising.

They were listing 75% off, 80% off, 90% off... but the first crossed out price is complete and utter bullshit, as camel x3 shows that its usually more expensive than the cheapest its sold for normally in the past and only a buck or two off the average history price over the last two years. In fact the "original" price it usually only shows was that for one day say five years ago. :rolleyes:

IMO we need a consumer protection agency to police businesses for false advertising better. On my way to work I have a mattress store on the right side before the overpass that has a permanently affixed 50% off sale that takes up the whole left front face of the building that has been there at least 9 years now that I'm aware of. 50% off implies the discount from the average price they sell, so if its always that price, its not 50% off. If I were King, I'd make that ahole eat the sign and really hammer down on false advertising... same crap with pictures of food, I'd require it to be compliant with the average look of their food across their chain from a random sample of say 20 burgers or whatever. If its not they get a big fine, and if they want to put pictures up of beautiful dishes then they need to make their dishes actually look better.

/rantoff

Prime has been a racket for years as an add-on Trojan Horse to sell Amazon's other services. They keep changing the terms of it too, which is super annoying, because its obviously been identified as a loss leader due to their horribly inefficient shipping methods (order 5 things at once, expect it to come from 3 different warehouses/packages across the country).

Now we have Amazon Pantry, which they claim is a great $4 flat shipping deal, but "free" if you spend $50 or more. Why are you paying for Prime again? Oh right, it used to be for free shipping, but now they've raised not only the threshold on Free Shipping (that used to be $25 and now $35 for non-Prime), they've extended it to Prime members too.

And of course the worst part about Prime is the fact that without it, Amazon will simply sit on your orders for DAYS before it ships out in exactly the same 1-2 day methods that Prime does, they are just charging you the privilege of what other companies do as just good business, shipping a product out as fast as they possibly can.

In any case, I can't really complain, I am getting access to Prime for free now through a family member since I cancelled my membership when they raised prices from $80 to $100. Amazon is still OK, but now that they charge tax in my state I always look locally at Big Box stores for random stuff and Newegg for Computer stuff first.

Last edited:
The amazon sale was a joke and neweggs "sales" are a joke.

very rarely do hot deals come from either.

Back