Newegg deals 10/8/07

Hey Newegg webmaster,

Whens that "hard drive blast" start, looking to pick up another WD 500Gb AAKS but they code you guys have on it dropped it only to 109, a few weeks ago you guys had a cuda 500 for $94 shipped anything like that going on again.

Also, are you guys going to bundle a new game with the Q6600 anytime soon?

Thanks.

hi, there will be a HDD email blast going out next Friday, if you can wait a little, you might find some better deals then.

hi, there will be a HDD email blast going out next Friday, if you can wait a little, you might find some better deals then.

I cant wait to see the prices, wonder if they can out-do the Best Buy's WD Terabyte for 250 or what not.

Although I'm generally a Seagate fanboy, would love to see how these drives turn out.

Have had a 7200.9 250gb fail, but warranty came through, and lately one in my 3 320 drives (same batch) died, and the process is currently underway. I can say I have had luck with failed drives (but they have been within a generally short time span).

Forgot to ask, but, I build systems for many people, often buying the entire part list off newegg pretty regularly (generally seem to put one or two together every 2 weeks), is there any sort of thing like the AF program that doesn't involve a website?

It wouldn't exactly save that much, but always cool to save a buck or two for a friend when you can.

...However, if you can give me your S/N on the model that you have, I can try to contact the corresponding party to fix that problem for you.

Thanks, I really do appreciate the gesture. Sadly, that drive is now contributing to global contamination at my local landfill. And, I already replaced it when the EGG was dropping HDD prices mid-summer.

You could always send along another of those awesome $25-off coupons... <laughing mischievously> ;)

mr newegg webmaster what happend to this harddrive blast?... :( <----- towards newegg i dont wanna lose faith

mr newegg webmaster what happend to this harddrive blast?... :( <----- towards newegg i dont wanna lose faith

Its Ms (Miss, Mrs?) webmaster btw, and I know there was a WD 500gb in the last email. I could really use a nice priced 320mb seagate or something though :)

I just ran the serials on my 3 Seagates I bought this summer. All 3 came back with warranty good through 2012.

Yeah Right... NOT!!

Don't be misled. Seagate DOES NOT (I repeat DOES NOT) honor the 5 yr. warranty on OEM tagged drives. I found this out personally just a couple months ago.

Once I read Seagate the serial#, they said, "Oh, that's an OEM drive. Only retail boxed drive are covered". Told me I should contact the computer manufacturer. I told them I bought it retail online from an authorized reseller, and they said it's only covered by the retailer's warranty period... which for NewEgg is 30 days.

Notice NewEgg's "escape clause" under the warranty statement:

They know it's not accurate. I have mentioned the warranty discrepancy in NewEgg's reviews, but NewEgg kept deleting my posts. Hmmm.

I just ran the serials on my 3 Seagates I bought this summer. All 3 came back with warranty good through 2012.

Very interesting! I'll have to run the serials on the two 320's that I bought.

BTW, I should also mention that in 12 yrs. of using ONLY Seagate drives, that non-warrantied drive was the first one I ever had fail.

To NewEgg webmaster:
(Currently watching for an incredible deal on a dual-core skt939. Leaning heavily toward Opteron 180 or 185. Any chances of a nearby price drop??)

Very interesting! I'll have to run the serials on the two 320's that I bought.

BTW, I should also mention that in 12 yrs. of using ONLY Seagate drives, that non-warrantied drive was the first one I ever had fail.

To NewEgg webmaster:
(Currently watching for an incredible deal on a dual-core skt939. Leaning heavily toward Opteron 180 or 185. Any chances of a nearby price drop??)

FYI the 3 drives are an 80GB a 120GB and a 250GB.

Are you guys stocking the Thermalright Ultima 90? I couldn't find it on the site...

Thanks!

Crucial 1GB 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 667 (PC2 5300) Desktop Memory - OEM

While reading the rebate i noticed this

2) Remove the Original UPC Barcode from the Qualifying Product packaging. Copies of the UPC do not qualify.

On anything i bought OEM from Newegg i have never received a package with a UPC

Does this rebate still apply

Please let me know

thanks

Are you guys stocking the Thermalright Ultima 90? I couldn't find it on the site...

Thanks!

Hi, we don't have Thermalright Ultima 90. But, we do have a better item similar to what you are looking for, it's ULTRA-120 EXTREME.

Back