newegg Creative Labs Sound Blaster Z (Retail) $64.99 + free-ship

GoldenTiger

Fully [H]
Newegg is offering the Sound Blaster Z card (retail box version + beam-forming mic) for $64.99 shipped currently.

Get it here! http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16829102048

It's basically the same price as the amazon special had been, but is in-stock while that one's not :).

Checkout with Google Wallet as your payment on their mobile site or app using promo code MBLWALLET for an extra $10 off! Thanks aznever.

Last edited:
use newegg mobile with google checkout, and promo code MBLWALLET for a 10$ off 40$.

ZyrdcWd.png

This worth the upgrade over the standard motherboard sound chip? I haven't bought a sound card in years.

Darnit azn, I totally didn't see that :(. Trying to cancel and re-place, thanks!

EDIT: Code not working for me on phone, weird. EDIT2: Needed to checkout with google wallet payment, that's why! Thanks Azn, saved me $10 :).

Last edited:
Anyway to use the mobile site without using your phone...was just curious since I'm not being able to pull up the mobile site with my phone right now

Anyway to use the mobile site without using your phone...was just curious since I'm not being able to pull up the mobile site with my phone right now

Yep!

Use Chrome and set the useragent to a mobile browser. You can do this by adding the following to the end (after the quotation marks around the original shortcut info) of your Chrome shortcut:

Code:
--user-agent="Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 2.3.4; en-us; Nexus S Build/GRJ22) AppleWebKit/533.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/533.1"

To go back to desktop mode just remove the extra text there and relaunch Chrome. You can also just make a copy of the shortcut to edit originally.

Thanks GoldenTiger, I picked it up for $55. It must be close to 8 years since I've bought a sound card.

Darn you guys! It is a good looking soundcard too. I don't need it.. but its hard to pass up on great deals.

Thanks GoldenTiger, I picked it up for $55. It must be close to 8 years since I've bought a sound card.

I have had my Xtreme Music since about 05-06!

Darn you guys! It is a good looking soundcard too. I don't need it.. but its hard to pass up on great deals.

I agree...I just had to finally buy it!

Also, $10 was enough for me to sign up with google wallet. Thanks GoldenTiger!

Yup...totally made me sign up for Google wallet. Thanks for the help guys! Can't wait to try this card out!

Edit: I read some more reviews...not a big deal but what's the impact on the Mic and Line in jacks when you have your front panel jacks connected? I read that you can only use one of the two jacks. And is there any way to disable the red LED?

Last edited:
I need to stay out of this section of the site for a while lol. It's not even Black Friday yet and in the past week I've snagged, 7950, 7970, 24" IPS monitor, and now this.

What do you guys think of all the negative reviews regarding shoddy drivers?

I think it's par for the course for sound cards in general, the Asus drivers are just as shitty if not worse IMO (though Daniel K offers Asus drivers).

use newegg mobile with google checkout, and promo code MBLWALLET for a 10$ off 40$.

Thanks for the info in for 1. $54.99 was too good to pass up.

Last edited:
How do you actually check out with google wallet on the mobile site? I would go to checkout, click google wallet as the payment option, and it would reload the page, but it still had my credit card selected (the one I've used with newegg before, not the one on my google wallet account).

So I deleted the credit card I usually use with newegg to see if I could force it to use google wallet, and the end result is that before it takes me to the checkout page, it's trying to force me to add a credit card - no google wallet as an option.

How do you actually check out with google wallet successfully?

For that matter, where do you stick the promo code? I don't see one on the mobile checkout site.

How do you actually check out with google wallet on the mobile site? I would go to checkout, click google wallet as the payment option, and it would reload the page, but it still had my credit card selected (the one I've used with newegg before, not the one on my google wallet account).

So I deleted the credit card I usually use with newegg to see if I could force it to use google wallet, and the end result is that before it takes me to the checkout page, it's trying to force me to add a credit card - no google wallet as an option.

How do you actually check out with google wallet successfully?

Honestly...I had a heck of a time getting it to work...wish i knew what i did to help ya..but it finally rung up on my phone..it kept trying to ring up without google wallet and of course the promo code wouldn't work

Aha, you enter the promo code before the checkout page (there's a little pencil button on the left). But when I enter MBLWALLET I get

Warning Message
The promo code MBLWALLET has been closed and is no longer active.

Is the code dead, or is their site just buggy?

Aha, you enter the promo code before the checkout page (there's a little pencil button on the left). But when I enter MBLWALLET I get

Warning Message
The promo code MBLWALLET has been closed and is no longer active.

Is the code dead, or is their site just buggy?

You have to checkout with google wallet -- is that what you chose?

You have to checkout with google wallet -- is that what you chose?

You have to enter the promo code a screen before you can select google wallet, but I was also having trouble even selecting google wallet. Screw it, too much hassle, I'll just wait till amazon ships the $60 out of stock order.

In case anyone wants, I'm sure best buy will price match it, and all of them in my area have it in stock. Gonna go myself in an hour

I had to use the mobile website in order to get the code to work. The newegg app didn't give me an option for google checkout.

Liking the card so far. Unbelievable difference in SQ compared to onboard(who'd have ever guessed?!:rolleyes:). I like the software too.

Yeah, I seen that it works in 8.1 as well.

Side note- I ordered it today and it's getting delivered tomorrow (standard shipping). Friggin' sweet.

had to bite on this one.. the Z should sound a lot nicer with the phones than the recon.

I tried checking out via google wallet... and it said the code does not work anymore... as well as I tried selecting free shipping and it won't let me.

I tried checking out via google wallet... and it said the code does not work anymore... as well as I tried selecting free shipping and it won't let me.

I didn't try the wallet.. I had 65 in my PP account so it was only a couple more bux. I missed out on the other deals and I had been eyeballing the "system builders" version on amazon for 80 bux.. way better deal here.

I went ahead and bit on this as well, it seems like a large savings and I never had a dedicated sound card before. Hope it gets here soon.

Anyone got any idea on how much better it would be than my MSI Z87 MPower's onboard?

Also, what kind of hardware would I need to make this worth it (speakers/headphones)? Right now all I really have as good audio hardware is my Sennheiser 280HD Pro. Years old and a bit uncomfortable on the ears.

Thanks for posting this. The deals you guys find on here tend to be really nice.

I went ahead and bit on this as well, it seems like a large savings and I never had a dedicated sound card before. Hope it gets here soon.

Anyone got any idea on how much better it would be than my MSI Z87 MPower's onboard?

Also, what kind of hardware would I need to make this worth it (speakers/headphones)? Right now all I really have as good audio hardware is my Sennheiser 280HD Pro. Years old and a bit uncomfortable on the ears.

Thanks for posting this. The deals you guys find on here tend to be really nice.

I can't find any good laughing meme pics right now for it, but the MSI Z87 Mpower's realtek ALC1150 will be laughed out of the theater by the SB-Z :). While you won't need super-high-end speakers/headphones to hear huge benefits from this card (so long as whatever you use isn't rock-bottom at least) the better speakers/headphones you have, the more pronounced the difference will become. Headphones in particular benefit a lot from this card due to the integrated headphone amp.

You're welcome on posting it :)... I was keeping an eye out for a deal on this since I had missed a recent one and got a nice set of 5" monitors months ago, which way outclass the X-Fi XtremeGamer PCI sound card I have now. I'm looking forward to some nice improvement with the Z.

I was using an original Sound Blaster Audigy PCI card after my on board sound started acting strange.

I was just super stunned on how bad the sound was on my old card when i installed this one.

be warned that the red LEDs are super bright.

Does anybody know how this will integrate with the Creative Wrath series Wireless headset? My headset uses a USB dongle and everything seems to be all software based. I don't see how it interfaces with the sound card at all, therefore I'm not sure if there will be any benefit in purchasing this card?

I haven't looked at it, but since you said it's usb: thing likely has its own DAC, I don't think it'll do anything at all to bother with this sound card for you, since it's a DAC for analog sets.

Back