5. Intel BX80613I7980X :$1,079.99
6. Corsair (XMS Series) CMP6GX3M3A1600C7 :$275.99
7. Seagate ST32000641AS :$249.99
8. LG ELECTRONICS WH10LS30 OEM :$149.99

* Combined Total:$3,465.92
* Combo Discounts:-$489.93
* Combo Price: $2,975.99

This seems hot

Except that their original prices were $50 over MSRP for the case and $80 over for the 980X, yeah- it's a decent deal if you were planning on buying all of those parts already. Otherwise, you're paying the usual premium for that case.

This is not intended as a reflection on the deal posted here but: Why does NE like to bundle that damn case? I mean really, what's the LEAST likely part to upgrade on any given build? The case. If it was a 50.00 beater, I could put it in the closet for the next time a neighbor needs a a computer or something. However, not much I can do with a nearly $900.00 case. I might jump on any number of the "build a system" deals they list, if they didn't have that stupid thing in there.

(Yes, I know they have other deals with different cases, but they REALLY like that case.)

Anyhow, thanks for the link!

My guess would be they probably pay 3-400 for the case and sell it at msrp. So you get this "huge" discount but in reality it's not costing them much if anything.

Just my thoughts, but that themaltake case is the ugliest POS I've ever seen. I can't believe anyone would put out that kind of money for it. The rest of the combo is a pretty sweet deal though. Too bad I'm always broke.

Its quite obvious that Thermaltake pretty much paid for those items to be made into a combo, no other reason to have so much mediocrity in one build

I guess it's only a somewhat hot deal if you were going to waste $850 on a case anyways? Otherwise, I don't even think it's a deal of any kind.

What makes this case worth that much money to begin with?

apparently, some people think it looks better than total shit

some of those components are pretty high quality, but a bunch (like all the thermaltake bullshit) are pretty much riding on the coat tails of the name brand rather than the performance.

The "Level 10" concept allows gamers to experience the power of their high-end computers through the design itself. In order to achieve this, iconic design is combined with optimum functionality and innovative details. By rendering the inside components visible, the design concept focuses on the architectural aesthetics which are inherent in the computers and result from each individually configurable components. The inspiration for this approach which designers took right from the most basic form of computer itself - expressiveness, virtual townscapes and futuristic game components served as orientation for the arrangement and the look of individual components.

For maximum thermal performance, the Level 10 adopted the similar aerodynamic criteria that can be rivaled by Formula 1 race cars. The exposed vertical heatsink with multiple layers symbolizes both the inherent power and excellent cooling qualities. Targeted ventilation is reached by an advanced airflow system with two separate thermal zones and individual fans preventing overheating and increases airflow to specific components as needed. The result is a highly efficient configuration that channels airflow to the maximum. All these appear within the overall design in the form of an open modular structure that is visually appealing to users, but offers them additional functional benefits at the same time.

As someone who writes for a living, I can say with confidence that the above phraseology is some of the most fantastic bullshit I have ever read.

A more honest description would read as follows: "You are dumb as fuck for paying $900. But here are a bunch of words to impress you, and this inflated prose will doubtless do just that, because again, you are dumb as fuck."

Its quite obvious that Thermaltake pretty much paid for those items to be made into a combo, no other reason to have so much mediocrity in one build

Between their highest end case and one of their PSUs, yes I'll bet Tt contributed some $$$ to make this combo possible.

I wouldn't get that case if you gave it to me for free. At least when you pay the obscene markup for something like Bang & Olufsen or a nice watch, you get a work of art, not garbage like that case.

meh, dont like the case much..rather would have the corsair obsidian in the bundle..and would lower the price by like 500 bucks lol

So much harsh words to buyers of that case, wonder what they did to offend the lot of you. FWIW, none of you have any business calling ppl who buy it "dumb as fuck".

That hard drive is more of a dealbreaker imo.

I actually like the case, I'm not in love with it, but it's nice to see something besides a regular tower. However, it's something I might be willing to spend 200.00 or so on. The current price is just absurd.

Also, if you look at some of the other deals, they have high end CPU paired with dual Nvidia 250's... Who thought THAT was a good idea?

So much harsh words to buyers of that case, wonder what they did to offend the lot of you. FWIW, none of you have any business calling ppl who buy it "dumb as fuck".

That hard drive is more of a dealbreaker imo.

Yes, actually, yes I do. So long as I live in a free country, I will feel free and at liberty to call anyone who spends NINE HUNDRED DOLLARS on a plastic or metal box "dumb as fuck."

It has no distinguishing feature whatsoever to justify anything approaching that price. I assumed there was at least some aspect of it that was novel or unique in terms of technological functionality, but all I found was two paragraphs of utter pompous bullshit that could impress only the illiterate.

I am surprised that TT hasnt pitched this case to Apple, its design seems to be right up their alley. For a PC hardware enthusiast who likes to customize everything according to his specs and needs this case is a total fail since it severely restricts your options.

I'm sure all of you remember the picture of the 10k desk and it's caption, well maybe someone ought to start a similar pic with this Thermaltake case.

*Paging Protias

Yes, actually, yes I do. So long as I live in a free country, I will feel free and at liberty to call anyone who spends NINE HUNDRED DOLLARS on a plastic or metal box "dumb as fuck."

It has no distinguishing feature whatsoever to justify anything approaching that price. I assumed there was at least some aspect of it that was novel or unique in terms of technological functionality, but all I found was two paragraphs of utter pompous bullshit that could impress only the illiterate.

you know

you can just say you don't like the case and you're not sure why anyone else does, and leave it at that and it would suffice to get your point across

I share the same opinion however

decent deal if you like to blow $850 on a fugly case. saving that $500 on the combo deal could be applied to the case, making it $350, which is still $330 over how much i'd spend on that case.

If someone told me they paid 850 for a comp face I'd punch them in the face.

Why not punch anyone who's got an Alienware, FalconNW, CSX case, etc.? Those have an even higher premium after parting everything in.

this is a hot deal and very tempting but the shipping totally kills it for me...

Back