Newegg.com "Secret Deals" AKA the real Black Friday stuff

Does seem like a good deal on that Intel SSD - would love to throw one in my MacBook pro. Is it still the fastest one for the price?

Is that Intel drive really worth it over the sandforce drives though?

YES!, I have had 3 sandforce drives and two of them died on me in less than a month and the other was very slow, much slower than my kingston value drive.

the price for the verbatim DVD is super hot though. Didn't catch that the first time i looked!

Is that Intel drive really worth it over the sandforce drives though?

i own both and use both daily. from my perspective, everything has it's place.

i bought the Intel for my work laptop. my rationale is that i wanted something speedier and more durable than a platter drive, but bottom line is that i needed the _most_ reliable SSD i could get.

for my home pc, where i have a 980x, 5970, etc, i wanted the most stupid fast thing i could get for a reasonable price, so i put two Sandforce 60GB drives in raid 0.

Hmm.. 2x2 GB Mushkin Enhanced Silverline 1333 memory for $30 bucks seems good, and matches what I have in my system. 10GB of memory worth it? I generally do gaming so I'm not entirely sure.

That 16 GB Patriot phone memory for 9 bucks after MIR looks pretty good too.

I have a hard time using 8gb of memory as a gamer even forcing more game files into memory using windows tricks.

for my home pc, where i have a 980x, 5970, etc, i wanted the most stupid fast thing i could get for a reasonable price, so i put two Sandforce 60GB drives in raid 0.

Do you really notice a tangible benefit from the RAID Sandforce drives though? Are boot times and program launches significantly faster?

Mmmm...nope nothing. After I missed that G.Skill 60GB SSD for $60 I'm never going to be happy with any deal. I hope something like that rolls along again.

the WD 1TB black drive actualy went up 7 dollars for black friday was 69 just a few hours ago lol

Do you really notice a tangible benefit from the RAID Sandforce drives though? Are boot times and program launches significantly faster?

over a single Sandforce drive? probably not. the way i see it though, the SSDs are going to last longer than i'm going to want to keep them in my system. i need about 100GB of drive space for my OS and key programs. so, for 100+GB of SSDs, i could buy either one Sandforce 120GB SSD for about $250, or two 60GB SSDs for about $200 total. $50 less for more space and nearly twice the performance? .... easy decision. since i do daily backups of my entire SSD Raid (using Acronis w/ plus pack), i'm not worried about rolling the dice with raid 0 for primary drives on my home pc.

SSDs, Sandforce in particular, are an amazing improvement over even something like Velociraptors in raid 0 though. Windows boots in under 10 sec, and most program launches are measured in milliseconds, and about 2 sec for stuff like photoshop cs5 and aida64 (aka Everest).

Mmmm...nope nothing. After I missed that G.Skill 60GB SSD for $60 I'm never going to be happy with any deal. I hope something like that rolls along again.

lolol, agreed. :)

those Sennheiser HD280PRO headphones are a really good deal. if you need an enclosed headphone for use in noisy environments (like coffee shop, home with kids, etc), you can't beat the fidelity, accuracy, and comfort of those Sennheisers.

Clock on the ad says 23 hours 59 minutes . . .

Guess it's a super secret black friday sale that's being announced a whole day in advance ?

WTF! I was on verified by visa page and I get that this page cannont be displayed and now I get server busy!

Got the X25-M and the CM laptop cooler.

I made it through the checkout, right prices showed. Did verified by Visa, it gave me my order confirmation number on the next page. Now the site is slow, and still no confirmation e-mail.

anyone comment on the 470? is that actually a decent deal lol? dont want to make a mistake

I wonder if our carts got cleared. I just hit "Checkout" when I got the "server is too busy" page.

Tried getting the TV. Had it in my cart at 2:01 with the discounted price, went to check out, typed in my CVC code, hit continue, page times out.

Go back, try to go to my cart and get this error:
"LG ELECTRONICS 47LH85 has been removed from shopping cart due to quantity limitation/insufficient stock. Some combo items might be affected by this."

Pft, how many of these things did they have in stock? 12?

So I have no clue if I ordered the intel ssd or not since it got stuck on verified by visa.

God damn it. Trying to get new mobo + ddr3 ram and can't freaking check out. Ohhh these f#ckers better not buy my $hit!

Server is busy... Nooo. Well, gives me time to think if I really need that Intel X25

Yes you do lol now go and get that credit card

Ugh. Even though I got an order confirmation number after making it through verified by visa, still no e-mail and it's not showing up under "My Account"

Never ceases to amaze me that a site like Newegg isn't prepared for this

Well, I guess I save $500. I was already questioning the spending, this just helped me make up my mind. Good luck for the rest of you willing to refresh and wait it out.

I never have any luck with these online BF deals. Same thing happened to me last year. I add the item to my cart, proceed to check out, then servers time out when completing checkout. I don't understand how people even buy things online during black friday.

Back