==>Newegg.Com Instant Savings - VGA/Storage/Printer Deals!

Newegg Webmaster

Official Newegg Deals Maker

HOT Deals!

ATI - All-In-Wonder X800XL 256MB 256-bit GDDR3 AGP Video Card - $319.00
Enter promo code "X800XL30" for $30 Off!
$289.00 After Discounts!

WESTERN DIGITAL - Raptor WD740GD 74GB 10K RPM 8MB Cache SATA150 Hard Drive - $168.99
Enter promo code "RAPTOR5" for $5 Off!
Additional $20 Mail-In Rebate @ Newegg.com
$143.99 After Discounts!

HP - 1020 Q5911A 15ppm Mono Laser Printer - $114.95

Enter promo code "HPLASER20" for $20 Off!
$94.95 After Discounts!

ONCE YOU KNOW, YOU NEWEGG. :)

Prices, availability and terms of offers may change without notice. Promo codes valid until 10/26/05.

These deals are for [H] members only. That's why you get a promo code to enter for the savings. Everyone else still pays regular price. Gotta love the Egg giving us some extra cash to blow more parts...now if they'll just have a $50 off sale on a bfg 7800gtx next week :D

Hmm.........LOL
demon.jpg
moris.jpg

To start, let me say that I've been a customer for several years now, and that I truly think you guys are in the elite group of E-tailers. I've never had any issues with orders, or shipping (thank goodness).

Now, with that said....
One minor gripe with the new addition of UPS and your current methods of advertising.
You claim to offer Free Shipping, yet you limit it to UPS. If you select FedEx in the dropdown, you charge (albeit nominal) a fee, even for the most reasonable (ie: cheapest) delivery method.

You should either state that it's Free UPS shipping....or offer FedEx for free as well.
Any other option appears misleading, and could be construed as mis-representation.

I have had many bad experiences with UPS and damaged packages. They will leave a package on a doorstep (even when the shipper specifies "signature required"), with a neighbor, or even at the damned USPS office. >.<

I do *not* work for FedEx or any of their subsidiaries, nor do I hold any stock (at all - LOL)...never had a problem with Airborne Express either for that matter.

Just (partial) venting, and *trying* to offer constructive criticism

Sprkslfly said:
To start, let me say that I've been a customer for several years now, and that I truly think you guys are in the elite group of E-tailers. I've never had any issues with orders, or shipping (thank goodness).

Now, with that said....
One minor gripe with the new addition of UPS and your current methods of advertising.
You claim to offer Free Shipping, yet you limit it to UPS. If you select FedEx in the dropdown, you charge (albeit nominal) a fee, even for the most reasonable (ie: cheapest) delivery method.

You should either state that it's Free UPS shipping....or offer FedEx for free as well.
Any other option appears misleading, and could be construed as mis-representation.

I have had many bad experiences with UPS and damaged packages. They will leave a package on a doorstep (even when the shipper specifies "signature required"), with a neighbor, or even at the damned USPS office. >.<

I do *not* work for FedEx or any of their subsidiaries, nor do I hold any stock (at all - LOL)...never had a problem with Airborne Express either for that matter.

I agree. UPS is the worst. At least FedEx would deliver early (2days insted of 3) if the local station received the package.
BTW Sprksfly, Airborne is gone. Bought by DHL and I do work for them (DHL) but still prefer FedEx.

CardiacKid said:
I agree. UPS is the worst. At least FedEx would deliver early (2days insted of 3) if the local station received the package.
BTW Sprksfly, Airborne is gone. Bought by DHL and I do work for them (DHL) but still prefer FedEx.

*nods*

Couldn't think of your employer's current acronym at the time...knew they'd been bought a couple years ago though. lol

Cheers

How about some more general coupons instead of specific sale items? Free FedEx 2-day shipping, 10% off, $5 off $50 or more, stuff like that. You guys never seem to have what I want on sale :(

Sprkslfly said:

I was a little pissed with my last order. The order shipped UPS because the mobo was on special. ( My fault for not catching it.)

The order shipped on a monday. With FedEx it would have been here on Wednesday. Instead it took until Friday.

FedEx leaves my stuff at the side enterance out of view. UPS right on the front steps in plain sight.

The box looked like it had gotten run over by the truck. I opened it up only to find the Zalman 7000 HSF had taken one for the team. Mangled copper fins, not a pretty site. Lucky for me the mobo was fine and I was able to pull another HSF from another system. NewEgg is also great with the customer service and correcting the foulup.

Hofy said:
The order shipped on a monday. With FedEx it would have been here on Wednesday. Instead it took until Friday.

FedEx leaves my stuff at the side enterance out of view. UPS right on the front steps in plain sight.

The box looked like it had gotten run over by the truck.
I've had similar experiences. I try to avoid UPS at all costs. Fedex has always been prompt and dependable. UPS hit or miss, mostly miss and they have never delivered early. When you order 3-5 day UPS expect 5 days.

Hofy said:
I was a little pissed with my last order. The order shipped UPS because the mobo was on special. ( My fault for not catching it.)

The box looked like it had gotten run over by the truck. I opened it up only to find the Zalman 7000 HSF had taken one for the team. Mangled copper fins, not a pretty site. Lucky for me the mobo was fine and I was able to pull another HSF from another system. NewEgg is also great with the customer service and correcting the foulup.
I dont get why so many people have problems with UPS...
They always leave packages at my rear door and they are always quick. Whenever I order from NewEgg I always go for the cheapest delivery option (almost always UPS). Every single time, I recieve my package during the early evening (afterwork) of the day after NewEgg sends it out.
I may be lucky since my orders are always shipped from the NJ warehouse and it goes directly to the main UPS office in NJ ( which is < 10 miles from my house).

but in either case, whether it is USPS, FedEx, UPS, DHL, etc... no one ever leaves packages at my front door...

I've ordered about 45-50 things online over the years...varying in size from a DVD to an A/C for my RV (120lbs). I have used Fed Ex, UPS, and a couple of local delivery services and I have not had ONE SINGLE issue with any of them. I guess I am lucky. When I order from newegg.com I use the cheapest method...and I notice no difference between ship time from one service to the other.

The only real difference is who delivers is. Dave is my UPS guy and he is a mild mannered good guy.... Pete is my Fed Ex guy and if anyone ever goes postal at Fed Ex, I know who it is...the guy is hilariously funny, but quite an extreme character....guess that happens to some folks when they beat cancer.

I too avoid UPS if I can.

The biggest problem is the UPS plant, which is right down the road from me, does NOT allow night-time pickups. That's right, you can't take the tag up and get your package. You have to put a note on the door the NEXT day saying you will pick it up the day AFTER that.

Never heard of this before at any other shipper plant, be it UPS or Fedex. Bastaads.

-Larry

Sprkslfly said:

Now, with that said....

Ask a UPS employee that works with the transfer of items to and from the trucks. You'll be amazed at what will happen to a package and how a company as big as UPS gets away with how they treat packages.

Every UPS emp. I've spoken with confirms the nastiness and laughs about it. They've got a "what are you going to do" attitude. There's just too much business/return business to keep them from ever changing.

And in the season of 'free shipping' cheap UPS is better for a company's bottom line.

Never thought I'd see the Egg offer UPS... I've always been happier to pay for FedEX, but hey, some people just can't handle that extra $4. Sad that Egg had to lower its standards.

Both packages shipped with UPS had holes and tears in them, including the LCD I received yesterday. Luckily the LCD was between two thick pieces of styrafoam, as there was a deep hole, and this was some thick, corrugated card board box. UPS shipping was $11 for ground, $14 for 3 day. Fed Ex Express saver was $28. Guess Newegg knows they can gouge us if we want our package actually shipped with care.

Not to mention, Newegg's prices are rather high lately. ZipZoomFly tends to be over $10 cheaper and have Free 2 Day Shipping.

RGFrog said:
Ask a UPS employee that works with the transfer of items to and from the trucks. You'll be amazed at what will happen to a package and how a company as big as UPS gets away with how they treat packages.

Every UPS emp. I've spoken with confirms the nastiness and laughs about it. They've got a "what are you going to do" attitude. There's just too much business/return business to keep them from ever changing.

And in the season of 'free shipping' cheap UPS is better for a company's bottom line.

Never thought I'd see the Egg offer UPS... I've always been happier to pay for FedEX, but hey, some people just can't handle that extra $4. Sad that Egg had to lower its standards.

Yeah, never use UPS. I work for them and even I would rather have my packages shipped by Fedex.

They train everyone to build nice pretty walls, lol, inside the trailers, but really when you're getting a lot of volume coming at you with boxes flying off the rollers onto the floor it pissed you off. Thats when the loader will usually just start throwing boxes into a big pile inside the trailer to just get them out of the way. This is easiest to do in a drop frame trailer which basically has two levels. You can just dump everything in the bottom quick, close the flaps down, and start building on top.

I suppose Fedex is better staffed or maybe they get slightly less volume?

I mean if you personally have stuff shipped to you or you ship stuff out via UPS and you want whatever that item is to arrive in one piece I would recommend filling up any empty space inside the box with some type of padding/foam. That will help if your box is like 5 lbs and then the loader thinks its alright to stack a 60 lb box on top of it. Lots of boxes tend to get crushed.

Go CRAZY with tape, because its the boxes with only have one layer of tape keeping them closed that have their contents fly out.

Back