Newegg.com Deals 8/18

i ordered something from newegg tonight, and was not charged tax (i live in nyc). has newegg re-thought its policy about this? i hope so, somebody needs to tell mayor bloomberg to take a hike.

It might be a tax free school stimulus weekend. Lots of stores are doing it for back to school, and where Newegg has a huge back to school sale, they may qualify for the temporary tax exemption.

It's permanent, see here. AFAIK, some court narrowed what the law could do to interstate commerce, so NewEgg can now use a loophole to not charge the tax, as long as none of its affiliates or partners market directly to New Yorkers.

It's permanent, see here. AFAIK, some court narrowed what the law could do to interstate commerce, so NewEgg can now use a loophole to not charge the tax, as long as none of its affiliates or partners market directly to New Yorkers.

One small win for the consumer finally,

bloomberg is going to absolutely shit. nobody says no to him. i have worked for the "fellow" for 14 years.

Dang....I check up on here and find that I missed free shipping on that Xigma by a day :mad:

me = FAIL....

Back