Newegg.com Deals 4/27

Newegg Webmaster

Official Newegg Deals Maker

COMPUTER HARDWARE DEALS

Western Digital Caviar Green WD10EADS 1TB 32MB Cache SATA 3.0Gb/s 3.5" Hard Drive - OEM
$99.99 - $5.00IR - $5.00 promo code "HARDOCPHD4275" = $89.99 with free shipping
Promo Expires on 5/4/09

CORSAIR DOMINATOR 4GB (2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 1066 (PC2 8500) Dual Channel Kit Desktop Memory
$90.00 - $20.00MIR - $5.00 promo code "HARDOCPMEM4275" = $65.00 with free shipping
Promo Expires on 5/4/09

ASUS M4A78-EM AM3/AM2+/AM2 AMD 780G HDMI Micro ATX AMD Motherboard
$84.99 with free shipping promo code "HARDOCPMB427FS"
Promo Expires on 5/4/09

:eek: Prices subject to change without notice.

I think I paid $74.99 with free shipping for that same mobo when I bought it a few months ago....

I always wonder if that was the same sticks with just a jacked up heatsink.

plus the memory fan. i dont know if its worth $30, but its gotta be worth a little more. that and the slightly bigger heat sinks are what youre paying the extra for.

plus the memory fan. i dont know if its worth $30, but its gotta be worth a little more. that and the slightly bigger heat sinks are what youre paying the extra for.

I never used the fan, to me it's more for looks.

That ram is listed at $189 w/ a $20 MIR. Where did the $65 come from?

$189.00 for those sticks!

Looks like Samsung is doing some offbeat gaming with their manufacturing. :p

Got mine (without fan) for $25 after MIR a few months back. Seem to be fairly solid, haven't really pushed them too much.

The 8200 board is still $2 more. If the 8200 can handle HD content just fine, I see no need to pay for 8300.

It's not, read a review of Dominators that has a diagram, the PCB is entirely different.

Such a shame that AMD integrated chipsets are so much better than Intel yet the 65nm A64 x2s power draw isn't so great. (TDP doesn't mean squat.)

If you hit up Corsair's forums they have a PDF or some sort of listing with the specific brand & model of ICs they use on all their DIMMs/SKU, something I haven't seen from any other RAM manufacturer, so you can easily find out. In some cases it's the same sticks just binned more aggresively (if CAS or speeds are different), in other cases they're completely different ICs being used.

I really like that about 'em... But I went w/G.Skill on my last buy simply because it was like $15 cheaper at the time ($50 vs $65 IIRC), now it's a lot more. Corsair's higher-end DDR2 800 DHX set is hovering at $130+. I dunno why really, the very same set was down to $30 at one point w/MIR but then it started climbing back up, staggered at $66-ish for a while and then it spiked to 2x the cost. I guess they're not producing much DDR2 anymore?

No one else's DDR2 prices seem to have skyrocketted like that, seems kinda early for that (it's still readily available, even DDR1 isn't that costly).

Back