Newegg.com Deals 2/11

Newegg Webmaster

Official Newegg Deals Maker

COMPUTER HARDWARE DEALS

RAIDMAX SMILODON ATX-612WBP Black SECC STEEL ATX Mid Tower Computer Case 500W Power Supply
$92.99 - $5.00IR = $87.99 - $40.00MIR = $47.99 with free shipping promo code "case0fs0"
Promo Expires on 2/18/08

Sharp AQUOS 32" 1080p FULL-HD LCDTV - LC-32GP1U
$1399.99 - $300.00IR = $1099.99 - $100.00 promo code "hardocp0100" = $999.99 with $49.99 shipping
Designed from the ground up for today's state-of-the-art video game consoles
Promo Expires on 2/18/08

ViewSonic X Series VX1932wm Glossy Piano-Black 19" 2ms DVI Widescreen LCD Monitor 300 cd/m2 (typ), 2000:1 (DCR) Built in Speakers
$249.99 - $20.00IR = $229.99 - $30.00MIR = $199.99 - $15.00 promo code "hardocp015" = $184.99 with free shipping
Promo Expires on 2/15/08

XCLIO A380PLUS-BK Fully Black High Gloss Finish 1.0mm SECC/ ABS ATX Full Tower Computer Case
$139.99 - $10.00IR = $129.99 -$30.00 promo code "hardocpcase30" = $99.99 with $18.99 shipping
Promo Expires on 2/19/08

:eek: Prices subject to change without notice.

FIRST

sorry, I had to...

anyone know if those sharp tv's are any good for gaming? :)

Ya know if I hadn't just bought my wife jewelery for Valentines I might have picked up that TV :(

How can the 32" LCD Aquos be considered a deal at $1k when $1,300 could get you 46" on Black Fri. at CC? :confused:

It matters on who you are, of course you can get a bigger tv for 1000 bucks, but for those people that only have the room for a 32 inch tv max, and want 1080p which out buying new furniture too, they can go with this, its the best out for them. And its its 400 bucks off. So i would say thats a pretty good deal for them.:D:cool::p

Get the Samsung LN-T3253H it is a better monitor and is only $800. I payed $720 + tax for mine and it is the best 32" LCD out there. The only point of getting a 1080P 32" is if you plan on using it for a computer monitor.

[21CW]killerofall;1032051644 said:
Get the Samsung LN-T3253H it is a better monitor and is only $800. I payed $720 + tax for mine and it is the best 32" LCD out there. The only point of getting a 1080P 32" is if you plan on using it for a computer monitor.

What?!?!?! Sorry to bust your little computer world bubble, but we have a 1080p 32" in our bedroom. Why in the world would we get a bigger LCD as our secondary TV? 32 inch is just perfect for kids room or guest room. I'm sure a lot of other people feel the same way other wise companies would just get rid of 32 inch TVs altogether

-1 point for narrow vision

What?!?!?! Sorry to bust your little computer world bubble, but we have a 1080p 32" in our bedroom. Why in the world would we get a bigger LCD as our secondary TV? 32 inch is just perfect for kids room or guest room. I'm sure a lot of other people feel the same way other wise companies would just get rid of 32 inch TVs altogether

I am not saying tht you need to get a larger TV at all. My point is you don't need a 1080P TV that small. Unless you are sitting real close to it (like 2-3 feet) you won't notice the difference between a 720P TV and a 1080P TV at that size. I am not saying that it is a bad TV just that it is overkill at that size and you are just waisting your $$$ for 1080P when you only need 720P plus the only way you will get anything out of a 1080P TV is if you are playing hi-def movies, games (on XBOX 360 or PS3) or using it as a computer monitor (my non-widescreen 19" LCD monitor runs at 1024P and I sit 1.5 feet from it). Besides you can fine tune tones of settings on the Samsung that you can't change on most other TVs at any size.

There's no point in a 1080p 32" because the human eye can't differentiate between 720p and 1080p on a 32" screen unless you're <~3-4 feet away. Hence, the only use for a 32" 1080p is a monitor, or for people that love to sit 3 feet from their TV.

There is something to be said about not having the image quality degrade when you stand next to the TV. Else when your friends or even you get up and just go really LOOK at the TV you start to wonder if you made the right decision. Theres nothing wrong with paying a little more so that when you stand up next to it, it still looks good. And some of us have young eyes, so we can actually tell the from 4-5 feet. :D

is the new G15 ever going on a good sale :D ? .. CC, BB, and ZZF had their new G15 sales, Amazon is still having theirs, I've been anxiously watching the egg site for theirs for a while :) waiting to punce!

There's no point in a 1080p 32" because the human eye can't differentiate between 720p and 1080p on a 32" screen unless you're <~3-4 feet away. Hence, the only use for a 32" 1080p is a monitor, or for people that love to sit 3 feet from their TV.

I am still holding out for a 40"+ monitor for $1000 at 1080p resolution-
Like this one - http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16889101140

I have been really close to pulling the trigger on this Television several times-
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16889234011 (as it is $997 at Beastbuy locally and has a 12% off coupon, which makes it $877, or $950 with tax)

Damn. I really need an AM2 ATX motherboard deal. And a Corsair 520HX deal, like instant rebates instead of mail-in. :D

Deals suck. How about something that isn't just laying in the warehouse growing mold.

Plenty of bitching deals at the [H] though.

GJSNeptune, I've appreciated a lot of your posts I've seen on various threads, but this one I could do without. We are complaining because the following quote is exactly what newegg is doing:

Deals suck. How about something that isn't just laying in the warehouse growing mold.

He's absolutely right. I've seen that EVGA card along with many other 8600GT's on sale MULTIPLE times without requiring any promo codes from newegg and other retailers. This thread is just as crappy as their last hot deals (cough cough) weak-sauce thread. These are not hot deals. A 19" monitor for $184 after all the rebate and promo codes?? After all that the best they can do is $184?? LOLZ. That is not a HOT deal. Maybe lukewarm. Dell has a monitor with the same typical response time, dot pitch, and a better typical contrast ratio (which is much more important than dynamic) for the same price:

http://accessories.us.dell.com/sna/products/Displays/productdetail.aspx?c=us&l=en&cs=19&sku=320-6199

As for the case, I have watched that case's price for the last two years on the egg. I've seen it on sale for weeks at a time, on multiple occasions for 100 dollars after instant savings. I've even seen it with free shipping, if memory serves. A deal that every one else gets often is not considered a hot deal automatically just because they decide to post it hear to pawn some of their stock off on hard forum members.

As for the 32" LCD We have the same TV marked down from 1399 to 1099. It's only 50 bucks more than newegg's deal once you add the $50 in shipping. (it's not that price in all stores, nor on the web, though, but that's what we're selling it for in ours because it's a CLEARANCE model). Exactly what Gazoo said. Sharp has already released their model refresh so Newegg, like Best Buy, needs to get rid of the old ones and is reducing the price of their current stock. (I'm going to check on model# just to make sure as soon as I get the chance. Sometimes e-tailers have different models than big box stores) (UPDATE: Just checked, same model. It has DVI, so it should probably work quite well as a monitor, especially if you're going to be close enough to it to notice the higher resolution vs. the 720 model)

Not a single item on this list is really a HOT DEAL. Nothing rivals past regular sales that have been had by both newegg and other vendors as well. As much as I love newegg's service, none of these prices classify as hot deals. Some are warm, but not a single one is hot. If I was a moderator, the only thing stopping me from moving this to a "warm deals" section (does such a section exist??) would be the possibility of damaging relations between this forum and newegg as a company. It's never good to burn down bridges, but newegg isn't building any bridges by posting these WIMPY AS CRAP so-called "hot deals" lately. They aren't really listening to requests from members, either. I've seen certain hard drives, cases, motherboards requested multiple times by multiple members. In the past, I've seen newegg acquiesce to requests, and been impressed by such practice, but for the last 3 weeks or more, newegg has done a piss poor job.

So, quite your whining about our whining. We wouldn't complain if these were hot deals. You would complain if you jumped on someone's so-called hot deal posted on this thread if it really wasn't hot at all, along with many other members who would be happy to point out to the OP the error of his/her ways. We're rightfully disputing these claims with pricing history and other deals that rival or beat what's being offered here. It's all well within the guidelines of the Hot Deals section, and it keeps other users from jumping on things when they really aren't as hot as they seem, or as hot as they have been, will be, or are elsewhere.

whining snip

All you should do is click the thread, see that the deals are not deals, and move on. We all miss the threads in which she posted like four deals per category. Why are there only three "deals" per thread now? Who knows. Bitching incessantly in the previous thread obviously didn't make a difference.

The only thing that does make a difference is a request for a specific deal. Ask her for free shipping on a case, and you'll probably get it. If you don't like their prices, go to eWiz, ZZF, MWave, etc. They don't exist to give us hardware for a handful of dirt. They have to make money.

I stand by what I said. I'm just explaining to you where we who have "complained" are coming from. We're just making observations regarding the deals as helpful and allowed input. I do realize that "Deals suck" all by it self isn't really helpful or descriptive though, even if it's true...

The only thing that does make a difference is a request for a specific deal. Ask her for free shipping on a case, and you'll probably get it. If you don't like their prices, go to eWiz, ZZF, MWave, etc. They don't exist to give us hardware for a handful of dirt. They have to make money.

I've only seen her reply to this a few times. I've requested multiple things, mainly free shipping on cases both through PM and posts on these deal boards. I have yet to get even an acknowledgement that I posted or requested anything. I understand that she probably gets PMs all the time asking for deals, so I figured she wouldn't bother to respond, but I figured it was worth a try when she ignored my requests on the other newegg deals thread.

I've never PMed her. I've found that you have to format your post something like this:

Newegg Webmaster,
Any chance I could get a deal on this case, like free shipping?

<link>

It's worked twice for me. Got free shipping awhile back on a Lian-Li A05B ($79.99 shipped), and more recently free shipping on the Centurion 541.

She does seem pretty unresponsive most of the time though, but she'll hook you up if she can.

I've never PMed her. I've found that you have to format your post something like this:

It's worked twice for me. Got free shipping awhile back on a Lian-Li A05B ($79.99 shipped), and more recently free shipping on the Centurion 541.

She does seem pretty unresponsive most of the time though, but she'll hook you up if she can.

Yeah, I've seen her hook us up with free shipping upon request before, just not recently.

Quote:
Newegg Webmaster,
Any chance I could get a deal on this case, like free shipping?

<link>

Thats just about how I did it in a thread a couple of weeks ago...
Here

But lets try it again.

Newegg webmaster,
I no longer need the MOBO or case, but a deal on a 22" widescreen monitor would be nice. I don't have a specific one in mind, but one with DVI would be nice. Tigerdirect has an acer for $210. Here are a couple of monitors that would fit the bill nicely...
http://www.newegg.com/Product/ProductList.aspx?Submit=Property&Subcategory=20&Description=&Type=&N=2010190020&srchInDesc=&MinPrice=&MaxPrice=&OEMMark=0&PropertyCodeValue=3098%3A31285&PropertyCodeValue=3098%3A22582&PropertyCodeValue=3019%3A19996&PropertyCodeValue=2333%3A14219&PropertyCodeValue=2333%3A18459&PropertyCodeValue=2333%3A14220
A nice discount and free shipping on any of these would be great!
Thanks

Thats just about how I did it in a thread a couple of weeks ago...
Here

But lets try it again.

Newegg webmaster,
I no longer need the MOBO or case, but a deal on a 22" widescreen monitor would be nice. I don't have a specific one in mind, but one with DVI would be nice. Tigerdirect has an acer for $210. Here are a couple of monitors that would fit the bill nicely...
http://www.newegg.com/Product/ProductList.aspx?Submit=Property&Subcategory=20&Description=&Type=&N=2010190020&srchInDesc=&MinPrice=&MaxPrice=&OEMMark=0&PropertyCodeValue=3098%3A31285&PropertyCodeValue=3098%3A22582&PropertyCodeValue=3019%3A19996&PropertyCodeValue=2333%3A14219&PropertyCodeValue=2333%3A18459&PropertyCodeValue=2333%3A14220
A nice discount and free shipping on any of these would be great!
Thanks

Yeah, a great deal on a 22" would be great! I remember in Jan. they had some Acer 22" on sale for $169-179 after mail in rebate. Some other brands were similarly priced, as well, at different e-tailers. I second this!

Her higher-ups have probably cracked down on her. :p

I think you're right. NE used to have some great deals, but now they're as common as a blue moon (not the beer).

We'll see if s/he (has anyone seen the Newegg rep.?) can respond to requests to match others' prices.

Okay, I admit it: I'm seriously tempted to pick up this router from the Egg. Good price, reportedly (at least from what I've read thus far) doesn't suck...

You know what a really hot deal would be?

Adding a $2-$5 option for you guys to quadruple bubble wrap OEM hard drives.

That, my friends, would be a hot deal.

How about a simple request for them to Retain the OEM packing material?

I guarantee you WD, Seagate, Samsung & Hitachi do not ship HDs out of their factory enveloped in the bubbly

I guarantee you WD, Seagate, Samsung & Hitachi do not ship HDs out of their factory enveloped in the bubbly

True, MFGs send them in 5-10 pack cases with 2" foam isolation liners (laptop hard drives are 25 to a case)
Westerndigital uses #6 plastic clam shells that hold 5 drives, Seagate uses high density foam (not Styrofoam)
Solution, just order larger quantity of OEM hard drives.... :D

My Hard drives from NewEgg have always been pretty adequately packed, wrapped in bubble pack and packed in foam nuts.
(but then I tend to order other hardware with the drives, so there is lots of other "padding" in the box.

From what I understand the drives ship in trays, usually foam or cardboard so it's not like Newegg can just pass on the packing material. They have to wrap them up for ya. The last few times we ordered bulk, that's how we received them. I thought Newegg bubble wrapping was pretty decent. The last few drives I ordered showed up bubble wrapped with foam in the box. What I don't like is ZZ Fly shipping 2.5" drives in 3.5" foam boxes and the drive just bounces around in there.

Now let's get some sub $200 terabyte 7200rpm 32MB cache action going here and I'll pick up two. Or a C2Q 6600 for under $250. (Hey, I can dream)

Back