Newegg.com Deals 10/31

Newegg Webmaster

Official Newegg Deals Maker

COMPUTER HARDWARE DEALS

EVGA 03G-P4-3661-KR GeForce GTX 660 Ti 3GB 192-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 3.0 x16 HDCP Ready SLI Support Video Card
$329.99 - $10.00IR - $32.00 promo code "HARDOCP1X31A" (10%) - $20.00IR = $267.99 with free shipping
Promo Expires on 11/6/12

Galaxy 68NPH6DV6AXX GeForce GTX 680 GC 2GB 256-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 3.0 x16 HDCP Ready SLI Support Video Card
$524.99 - $20.00IR - $50.50 promo code "HARDOCP1X31B" (10%) - $20.00MIR = $434.49 with free shipping
Promo Expires on 11/6/12

G.SKILL Sniper Low Voltage Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800) Desktop Memory Model F3-12800CL9D-8GBSR2
$42.99 - $5.00 promo code "HARDOCP1X31C" = $37.99 with free Super Eggsaver shipping
Promo Expires on 11/6/12

CORSAIR 16GB (2 x 8G) 204-Pin DDR3 SO-DIMM DDR3 1333 Laptop Memory Model CMSO16GX3M2A1333C9
$69.99 - $8.00IR - $4.00 promo code "HARDOCP1X31D" = $57.99 with free Super Eggsaver shipping
Promo Expires on 11/6/12

Patriot LX Series Class 10 16GB Micro SDHC Flash Card Model PSF16GMCSDHC10 (16GB)
$13.99 - $4.00 promo code "HARDOCP1X31E" = $9.99 with free Super Eggsaver shipping
Promo Expires on 11/6/12

Intel Core i5-3570 Ivy Bridge 3.4GHz (3.8GHz Turbo Boost) LGA 1155 77W Quad-Core Desktop Processor Intel HD Graphics 2500 BX80637i53570
$214.99 - $15.00 promo code "HARDOCP1X31F" = $199.99 with free shipping
Promo Expires on 11/6/12

Mushkin Enhanced Chronos Deluxe MKNSSDCR240GB-DX 2.5" 240GB SATA III MLC Internal Solid State Drive (SSD)
$199.99 - $30.00IR - $10.00 promo code "HARDOCP1X31G" = $159.99 with free shipping
Promo Expires on 11/6/12

:eek: Prices subject to change without notice.

I only see a $25 IR, not a $30 IR on the Mushkin SSD. Anyone know how reliable the Mushkin SSDs are?

A lot of interesting deals here -- anyone have any thoughts on the EVGA 660 Ti (comparison to the recent 7950 deals that have been floating around for a bit more?)

well, with the newest drivers for the 7950 12.11 beta and if you choose to flash the bios to get the turbo boost out of it, the 7950 becomes a very compelling card. 660Ti and 7950 are very comparable as are the 680 and 7970.

Hey Newegg OP, your newsletter people really pooched it with the Nov 1 newsletter: both of the refurb Diablotek cases listed in the newsletter say free after mail in rebate but on the site itself they are not showing as free after mail in rebate. What gives?

Is there any point in doubling my RAM to 8gb if all I do is primarily game? I have a pair of those low voltage snipers with 2 lonely unoccupied dim slots.

I know lots of people that went from 4gb to 8gb at the same speed and noticed a performance inprovment even though they were not really tapping the 4gb capacity, it might have something to do with the way windows does the cache, snoop, and paging system, not sure, so yes, to me its worth it, and not that $ to do.

ddr3 if that is what you are using seems to have its sweet spot at ddr3 1600 speeds with 9,9,9,24 or lower timings, and 1.5v or less. The ripjaw series is excellent. GBRL, GBXL, GBSM, and the new aries series are all very good, the eco running at 1.35v is also excellent when it comes to overclocking and such. That and the ripjaw series and aries don`t have massive heatspreaders(which they don`t need anyways) which is great for compatibility.

What cpu are you using, im assuming an i7 as pair=2 with 2 left makes 6 slots, so that would end up equaling tri channel correct? If so, even more of a point to do this, but try to keep the capacity matched in multiples of 3 so you get the most performance out of it(tri channel vs dual or single channel being used) its not much of a boost, but can be noticed with the right games/workloads

I know lots of people that went from 4gb to 8gb at the same speed and noticed a performance inprovment even though they were not really tapping the 4gb capacity, it might have something to do with the way windows does the cache, snoop, and paging system, not sure, so yes, to me its worth it, and not that $ to do.

ddr3 if that is what you are using seems to have its sweet spot at ddr3 1600 speeds with 9,9,9,24 or lower timings, and 1.5v or less. The ripjaw series is excellent. GBRL, GBXL, GBSM, and the new aries series are all very good, the eco running at 1.35v is also excellent when it comes to overclocking and such. That and the ripjaw series and aries don`t have massive heatspreaders(which they don`t need anyways) which is great for compatibility.

What cpu are you using, im assuming an i7 as pair=2 with 2 left makes 6 slots, so that would end up equaling tri channel correct? If so, even more of a point to do this, but try to keep the capacity matched in multiples of 3 so you get the most performance out of it(tri channel vs dual or single channel being used) its not much of a boost, but can be noticed with the right games/workloads

Dude, his signature clearly shows he is running an overclocked 2500K, which runs on a dual channel platform..he even stated he had "two lonely unoccupied dim slots..."

That being said, with the crazy low prices of DDR3 these days, if you do anything other then web usage I would have at least 8GB of ram..You can enable Super Prefetch, which will allow Windows Vista/7 to cache your most frequently used programs in ram so they load much quicker..I personally am using 16GB so that I do not have to bother with running a page file and it takes up space on my SSD..

Sorry for the midday brainfart, meant to type double my RAM "from" 8 to 16gb. I have a 2500k with a pair of the same exact set on sale and just upgraded to win 8 which seems to manage my memory much more effeciently from what I've seen so far...not sure if these will just become dimm slot dust covers unless I can maybe ram load entire games or something, since my hdd's are the only things slowing my system down right now.

Last edited:
ok, now I understand lol(I did not click on his name to see sig specs)..well 16gb is up to you, I do not think you would notice a massive difference though, but I probably am wrong lol.

Personally, ddr3 1600 8gb total(which you have) xmp mode with an SSD would be far more beneficial and faster then 16gb which I do not think most of us would even have close to a chance of filling or using to its best.

You will not notice a difference between 1333 and 1600 ram. You will not notice a difference between 8 and 16 gigs of ram unless you're one of the .0001% that use it. From 4 to 8 gigs I did not notice any difference at all while gaming. Save your money and buy an SSD. In the future if programs start needing more Ram, there will be a new generation of ram that is bigger and faster that uses less power. :)

Killer deal on the Chronos deluxe. I bought mine when it was double the price but don't regret the purchase in the slightest.

Anyone know how reliable the Mushkin SSDs are?

I've owned this one and a pair of Ios in RAID 0 - got them directly from Mushkin when they still offered the service. One failed after a few days, but they sent me a replacement nearly right away and I didn't have an issue since. They makes very solid products and are US based.

well, I know folks on both sides of the fence that went from 4gb to 8gb and we DID get a frame rate improvment, so, I guess it just depends, paging files and what not. ddr3 1600 is mostly for the overclocking side and for Intel guys, for the use of XMP which is a "free" clock speed bump which does give a bit more performance.

Most of us DO NOT use 8gb of memory, most games and such DO NOT gain say 5fps from a small clock speed bump, but there are games/apps that do, and the cost from 4gb to 8gb and 1333-1600 memory is so small, and most review sits show there IS an improvement, why not? Like I said ddr3 1600 with tighter timings is beneficial, 1333 is more a mainstream "performance" line where 1600 is the "sweet spot" with tighter timings, anything above this, well, generally speaking is spending $ for not much gained.

Exception is the APU from Intel and AMD, higher speed memory helps the igp perform better, sometimes in the double digits, so yes, it can be beneficial. Always depends on what you are doing with it, if overclocking is part of it, then faster memory is a good idea, as then it can make a difference as well :)
http://www.anandtech.com/show/4503/sandy-bridge-memory-scaling-choosing-the-best-ddr3/8
http://www.legitreviews.com/article/1779/5/
http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/phenom-ii-ddr3,2319-8.html

Is there any point in doubling my RAM to 8gb if all I do is primarily game? I have a pair of those low voltage snipers with 2 lonely unoccupied dim slots.

Not really, not at all actually. Games won't even address more than 4GB (and most only use 2GB), so unless you like to leave several heavy duty content creation apps open in the background it's kinda pointless. Check your commit charge to see what's the most you've used at a time.

I'm on the same boat as you, I might jump up to 16GB this year for the hell of it (I do a bit of video editing throughout the year), but probably not unless I find a good deal for a matched 16GB G.skill kit... It'd have to be a BF deal for something at $60 or under, there's been dozens of $75 deals already for 4x4GB kits and even 2x8GB.

For me it's gotta be blue too, wanna keep that whole color matched look... :p 2x8GB Ares would be perfect, low profile spreaders ftw.

Edit: I figured you meant 8->16, didn't even notice the mistake. Oh and if you don't have an SSD yet, that's a far FAR better investment of $70, which can get you something quite excellent like a Samsung 830 128GB if you catch a deal.

All I do is game and Internet with the odd photo edit and I recently went from 4 to 8 gig and noticed no difference really. I sometimes think things are a little snappier but that could just be my imagination. As cheap as RAM is, you can't really go wrong tho.

Back