Newegg Cheapest GPU Finds (6/29)

Neapolitan6th

[H]ard|Gawd
In the midst of the current gpu scarcity, here are some reasonably priced gpus I found through Newegg. If one goes out of stock, I advise you double check there Ebay store as well. Happy hunting!

1050ti 2gb
-$140

1060 3gb
-$260 (now $200 as of 7/1)

980ti Refurbished
-$399 (out of stock)
-$420

-$499

1080ti
-$700

Last edited:
oh wow 980ti prices went up from a year ago, and these are refurbished.

Microcenter around me has 980 (4GBs) which should be similar to 1060s for $219 I think.... 10+ in stock.

I think nothing but low-end is available for amd cards from pretty much anyone....

They are. Of course the mofugging miners are snatching up all the inventory, so people who use GPUs to actually run video games are displaced. These deals are so far from hot, they're ice cold.. In fact, what constitutes as a hot deal on a GPU now-a-days: buy an entire prebuilt gaming rig only to sell off the parts.:ROFLMAO:

Last edited:
damn miners. (I say as I have 6 more 480's, 4 290's, 4 misalanius firepros, and 2 1070's shipping to my house to expand my 30 card mine :D)

I think I am the problem :(

Got a projected monthly gross income and electricity usage yet?

misalanius

giphy.gif

Got a projected monthly gross income and electricity usage yet?

i can get you just about any numbers for any cards your looking for. to put it simply if you can find the cards you will make alot

I got my 1060 3gb on June 6th for 180 (on jet), would have been about 160 without tax. I think waiting it out if you need a card for anything but mining is the best way to go.

I got my 1060 3gb on June 6th for 180 (on jet), would have been about 160 without tax. I think waiting it out if you need a card for anything but mining is the best way to go.

very true if the mining bubble pops their will be some crazy cheap 480's and 1070's

Somebody should make a Feed The Children style TV commercial for the PC master race gamers who can't find a GPU to buy.

I sold a pair of 980Tis for less than $500 shipped about a month ago. Was getting screwed then. Turns out, doubly screwed now.

I sold a pair of 980Tis for less than $500 shipped about a month ago. Was getting screwed then. Turns out, doubly screwed now.
Well it seems prices went up, they went up again! Who would have thought? They should have been dropping by now. This is bullshit! We have been brainwashed to supply/demand explanation, but you know what its all bullshit! Shady stuff goes on behind closed doors we dont even know about, its like that with everything though....

Well, I hope they stay where they are for a few weeks, as I spotted the $500 off Cyberpower PC build thread here, and sprung for one. The PC cost me 988, and includes a Ryzen 5 1600x, 16 gb of Ram, and two RX 470's, which I hope to sell off on ebay and net 550-575, if prices hold. The PC won't arrive for about 10 days, I'm guessing.

As I have two good computers, I might sell it all off, would just need to find a half decent GPU to put in it.... Hoping to profit $350-550....

I'm eying a couple of 780Ti's on ebay, and hoping they stay cheapish...one would be good for my 7 year old build, and maybe my GTX 970 would not hamper the sale of the new Cyberpower PC...though, it would probably be best if I could find a 10 series card....(almost had one for 430 and one for 450 locally via Craigslist--in the last week)

And the goal is to get a 1080 for my current 6700K build, which connects to a 32" 4k monitor.....

Thanks to folks on another thread here, I've signed up with EVGA for in stock notifications for their B-Stock.

i can get you just about any numbers for any cards your looking for. to put it simply if you can find the cards you will make alot

I'm not considering any mining, but find it quite interesting! For one thing, I doubt my old house power could handle the loads...of anything more than 3 GPU's blasting 24/7

How much hardware does one need to gross, say, $800 a month?

I'm not considering any mining, but find it quite interesting! For one thing, I doubt my old house power could handle the loads...of anything more than 3 GPU's blasting 24/7

About 8 1070's will get you there.

Just had a guy come install two 220v lines for me, cost was about $150 all in.

https://www.cryptocompare.com/minin...ngUnit=MH/s&PowerConsumption=0&CostPerkWh=0.0

180Mhash gets you right around $800 monthly without accounting for electricity costs. Thats about 6-8 cards depending on which ones you get, which there are cheap boards out there that can run 7 cards.

Planning on putting my RX480 up on the eBay this weekend and maybe using it to fund a 1080ti purchase....I know they're far from the best choice, but if I used the 1080ti to do some light mining when I'm not on it what kind of scratch could I bring in?

Just had a guy come install two 220v lines for me, cost was about $150 all in.

https://www.cryptocompare.com/mining/calculator/eth?HashingPower=180&HashingUnit=MH/s&PowerConsumption=0&CostPerkWh=0.0

180Mhash gets you right around $800 monthly without accounting for electricity costs. Thats about 6-8 cards depending on which ones you get, which there are cheap boards out there that can run 7 cards.
About 8 1070's will get you there.

I'd seen the Ant Miner and other systems before, but isn't it far better? It appears to have the largest and quicket ROI

https://www.cryptocompare.com/mining/bitmain/antminer-l3plus/

Just like the stock market, and commodities, what goes up .....eventually comes down. Here's a 5 year bitcoin chart
http://investorshub.advfn.com/Bitcoin-USD-26047/ It's current correction might continue.

Etherium has had a meteoric rise. But it is way off its high. At least it reversed nicely a month ago.

https://www.worldcoinindex.com/coin/ethereum
https://www.tradingview.com/chart/ETHUSD/ULGPqmNO-ETH-USD-Final-Chart/

Interesting response. So you dont think the hype will last?

Microcenter around me has 980 (4GBs) which should be similar to 1060s for $219 I think.... 10+ in stock.

I think nothing but low-end is available for amd cards from pretty much anyone....

Confirmed, at least for my local MicroCenter -- went there yesterday to pick up a new mouse pad and checked out their video cards. Not a single RX 470/480/570/580 in sight, and the GTX 1070s were at the inflated prices we've been seeing recently ($449+) -- ditto for the GTX 1060s ($279+ for the 3GB, and $379+ for the 6GB).

A whole ton of Founder's Edition GTX 980's though (I personally saw over 20+ on a rack cart, in the brown boxes, for $219).

Also saw a couple of "brown box" GTX 770s for $119.

Confirmed, at least for my local MicroCenter -- went there yesterday to pick up a new mouse pad and checked out their video cards. Not a single RX 470/480/570/580 in sight, and the GTX 1070s were at the inflated prices we've been seeing recently ($449+) -- ditto for the GTX 1060s ($279+ for the 3GB, and $379+ for the 6GB).

A whole ton of Founder's Edition GTX 980's though (I personally saw over 20+ on a rack cart, in the brown boxes, for $219).

$379????? Man I've got over $800 in mid grade GPUs lol

Those 770's weren't 4G cards were they?
:whistle::whistle:

Silver lining on gamers buying the gtx 980's is you can SLI them, they don't have the 970 3.5GB problem, and they are cheaper than "retail" 1060 6G's @ $249

Silver lining on gamers buying the gtx 980's is you can SLI them, they don't have the 970 3.5GB problem, and they are cheaper than "retail" 1060 6G's @ $249

Yup, my 8 year old son is enjoying my old gigabyte gi gaming 980 sli in his rig hehe.

Perfect for 1080 res but for 1440 might have to turn down some settings cause of the 4gb ram limit.

Yup, my 8 year old son is enjoying my old gigabyte gi gaming 980 sli in his rig hehe.

Perfect for 1080 res but for 1440 might have to turn down some settings cause of the 4gb ram limit.
In what games? A 980 can play just about anything well at 4k or 1800P, and ram usage barely goes over 2GB. Digital Foundry even has an on going series using the 970 and testing games like Crysis series, Batman series, Forza series and it does fine.

Those 770's weren't 4G cards were they?
:whistle::whistle:

Didn't see any 4GBs there -- just the 2GB "regular" ones, unfortunately.

GTX 770 4GB editions are almost as rare as the GTX 780 6GB editions -- better look for that blue moon! ;)

Back