Newegg and the Samsung 226BW panel lottery

autumnmist

n00b
Does anyone have input on how Newegg is regarding the panel lottery?

Do they consistently ship out one type of panel or will I be playing the lottery if I buy a 226BW from them?

If I end up with a shitty panel, will it be possible to return and exchange through Newegg or do end up making you pay out the wazoo with exchange fees?

Am I better of buying from Amazon or another etailer? (Local store purchase not an option for me)

I read over 100 reviews on this monitor at newegg and I found it cheaper at Amazon. It's on the way to me now. I could care less about the A, S, or C. The reviews clearly explain what to do to tune the display. If the thing turns out to be a dud I'll just use Samsung's excellent 3 yr warranty.

Much more good about this monitor than bad and most of the bad reviews are from those too lazy or dumb to tune.

OH, and Yes Newegg will swap it out. Their Customer Service is good.

I wrote a long review on neweggs site. Basically I just received this monitor but I purchased one from officemaxx as well cause I was going to return whichever one wasnt good.

Newegg's seemed tuned right out of the box, all i did was turn down the brighness and it was good to go. The officemax I had to tune the hell out of it to have it look close, but still not as good.

Odd thing was the newegg monitor did have some increased light bleed on the side of the monitor, I could only tell after getting in a dark room and turning the monitor on with no input. I had to study it to really see if it was lighter on the sides. The officemaxx didnt have this but the tuning was pissing me off and i couldnt take it. Both monitors looked and performed the same. Both were acceptable.

I kept the Newegg monitor cause I feel it was a better panel, whether it was an S or not I dont know, but the slight bleeding on the sides was ONLY detectable when the monitor had no input. When the monitor displayed a solid black screen (loading a game) it was pitch black with no "hot spots" of darker or lighter blacks. I feel it was a superior monitor based on the obvious tune it had out of the box.

I returned the officemax monitor for a full refund and was glad I had 2 to do a comparison test. Mine was manufactured in Aug 07.

Go for it. oddly enough Monday the monitor had free shipping for the first time in the 2 weeks ive been tracking it, i got it for 319 out the door now I'm gonna apply that rebate for the REAL savings. I def. made out like a bandit.

Received my new 226BW and I'm very happy with it. I couldn't tell which display I have as I don't want to take the cover off. I did go to the "special" menu to check. The version came up with "M-ME22H0CLA-1002" that I haven't found any other info on so far. Anyway my monitor did not need any adjustments to have great colors and lighting. Guess I got lucky.

Why would you play the panel lottery when office depot and bestbuy both offer full refunds??

How much are you saving after tax by going to newegg? You also have to consider the possibility that you might get dead pixels and bad backlight problems. I would always pay more to buy from a store with liberal return policies (with no return or shipping fees)

Back