Newegg 72 hour sale: Lots of goodies

Aaron11

[H]ard|Gawd
That 5750 looks good for $100. The only problem I have is it's after a $30 MIR. Beware of MSI's rebates. They never sent me mine claiming that they "never received it".

SolidBladez

Supreme [H]ardness
Got the Kill-A-Watt. Been curious to see how much my electronics consume.

I have a feeling that I will be unplugging a lot of devices to save a bit on my electricity bill. :D

dalearyous

[H]ard|Gawd
Kill-A-Watt would have been nice, sold out. It would solve a lot of arguments I have with ignorant roommates.

10% off cases isn't bad though

Thanatos.

Gawd
Maybe im blind but im not seeing the 10% off ATX cases in the link.

EDIT: DAMN i am blind found it at the very bottom glazed over it usually where the fine print is.

strend

Gawd
It's close to the bottom of the flyer:

10% off of ATX cases code: EMCYWZP64

WHY do these deals always come when I can't afford to bite?!?!:(

Thanatos.

Gawd
100 TDK DVD-Rs Combo Price: $15.99 promo code EMCYWZY88 for 10% off drops it to $14 shipped.
In for 1

VitaminTee

Weaksauce
Hmmm I've really been eying a new case. Thinking about a CM 840, I might just have to bite. I'll miss my lian li but it's not wc friendly :(

PTNL

Supreme [H]ardness
The HP WHS box for $365 at checkout with free shipping is VERY tempting...

MrC4

[H]ard|Gawd
Man, I wanted the kill-a-watt for $14 shipped. The wait continues.

Carlitos714

[H]ard|Gawd
Got the Kill-A-Watt. Been curious to see how much my electronics consume.

I have a feeling that I will be unplugging a lot of devices to save a bit on my electricity bill. :D

dude your gonna love it! post some pics when you see how much your rig draws!

NoxTek

The Geek Redneck
For those of you who have a Fry's close by, they have the Kill-A-Watt for $14.99

Hellbent88

Limp Gawd
Bit on the Cooler Master Scout Case for $54.00 to door after promo code. Thx OP, Awesome deal :D

Bviper

Weaksauce
I permanently unplugged a file server two years ago when I realized it was taking $40+/month to just run...

You sure you didn't mean $40/year? If not, I suggest you redo your math. You could power way more than a single file server off of $40/month.

Tolyngee

Supreme [H]ardness
You sure you didn't mean $40/year? If not, I suggest you redo your math. You could power way more than a single file server off of $40/month.

My electric bill instantly went down $40+. We're also talking A/C to keep it cool.

Also, the server had at least 20 HDs in it. (At the time I owned one 16-port RAID card, one 12-port, four 8-port, and more than a handful of 4-port)

You can't seriously expect me to believe you could power that for $40/year?

Bviper

Weaksauce
My electric bill instantly went down $40+. We're also talking A/C to keep it cool.

Also, the server had at least 20 HDs in it. (At the time I owned one 16-port RAID card, one 12-port, four 8-port, and more than a handful of 4-port)

You can't seriously expect me to believe you could power that for $40/year?

Ok well admittedly, when most people refer to a file server at home, it rarely has more than a handful of hard drives. With 20 hard drives you could build yourself a SAN.

I have 3 servers (every component was chosen for maximum power savings) and it really does only cost be about $50/year to run. So yes, $40/month seemed ridiculous.

ZzBloopzZ

[H]ard|Gawd
Man, I wanted the kill-a-watt for $14 shipped. The wait continues.

Many local libraries rent these out for free. It's not like your always going to be using this device. :c)

Also, I remember a real electrician stating that these are not accurate at all. Even when comparing two with each other.