Newegg 5800x3d 308.99$ after instant credit and Free Game Code

Im sorely tempted to take a trip to upgrade town and replace my 3900X with this. Why must these deals always come at bad times....

Well I just gave in and ordered the 5800X3D, I thought about it for a bit and decided it was a big upgrade and will make my current rig last a while longer. Too bad this sale wasnt a few more months in the future...
What are you upgrading from? I came from a 3600 and I gained 200fps in world of warcraft.

Thanks I decided to bite on this. It should be a massive upgrade from my 2700x which would have been done much sooner if the GPU market wasn't crazy for a couple years.

Now to figure out what air tower cooler to get for it.

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
I don't think my RTX 3070 or RX 6700 is enough gpu to buy one, say over my 5700x.

I don't think my RTX 3070 or RX 6700 is enough gpu to buy one, say over my 5700x.

It depends on what your doing with your system, if your a gamer it still may be better. In my case, it beats the brakes off my 3900X with 4 less cores.

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
Unless you have a 165+ hz monitor, you won't notice the difference anyway. Even if you did, you'd still be hard pressed to notice the difference, lol
I made the switch from 5900x to 5800x3d. The actual improvement is in 1% lows. Average fps went up 0-10% depending on the game but the 1% low FPS went up considerably (again depending on the game). This is with a lowly 2080ti which isn't exactly CPU limited.

I received my 5800x3d today and got it in. I have been able to crank my settings from 7 to 10 in WoW coming from a 3700x. I have a 6900xt and running a 32" monitor at 2560x1440

Last edited:
Well my proc finally got here a couple hours ago, but I am procrastinating puting it in due to the need to completely disasseble my rig to put it in. It is funny how light and empty the box is though, since it is pretty much just a plastic filler and cpu clamshell.

Well my proc finally got here a couple hours ago, but I am procrastinating puting it in due to the need to completely disasseble my rig to put it in. It is funny how light and empty the box is though, since it is pretty much just a plastic filler and cpu clamshell.
I am same lol. Its due to no stock Heatsink which make sense for this part.

Apparently some Microcenters have the 5800X3D for 275, depending on the store. I wish there was a MC close - they sometimes have some really good prices.
I feel like a 5800X3D would be a side grade for my setup, but at these prices, it's tempting to try as MC is only 15 minutes away... lol.

I feel like a 5800X3D would be a side grade for my setup, but at these prices, it's tempting to try as MC is only 15 minutes away... lol.
Sidegrade+ with a $100 back in your pocket is not a bad deal. Consider it a rebate for your 4090.

I finally had some time to tear down my system and put the 5800X3D in, so far it seems a lot snappier than it did. I havent had much time to try out games yet as I only just got it back up and running, but I plan to try a bunch later tonight to see how they look.

Back