[NewEgg 48hr Deal] WD Green WD20EARX 2TB 6.0Gb/s $90 Expires 12AM 10/25

I've been using greens for my home network server to store movies on for all the HTPC's in the house. Still the way to go or are the reds a better option?

BF is only good to retail stores nowdays, majority of stores comes with the deal they offer on black friday on any normal weekend or other holidays, there would only be 5 or so kick ass deal for online retailer. though i sure they come up with $110 or so for 3TB drive. i've couple of 2TB and 1TB drive has about 3TB left on all drives so i'll wait little.

I've been using greens for my home network server to store movies on for all the HTPC's in the house. Still the way to go or are the reds a better option?

Well, Reds are better but also considerably more expensive. It is always a matter of how much you're willing to pay.

still not that good deal i gotten 2tb for 75 like a year ago from staples using those 25 dollar off 75 coupons.

still waiting for a killer 4tb deal

The reds were made with server storage in mind. Theoretically they should last long. If all you care about is how long they last and not the price, buy the reds by all means, but you are in the [H]ot Deals forum, and here we care about price.

On that note, I had it in my cart ready to complete my order and just couldn't take the chance on getting a bad drive, or a drive that would crap out. I'll save my money for the Red series and hope they go on sale during the holidays.

Last edited:
I've been in the market for drives again for a non-RAID WHS 2011 setup and I honestly get scared reading the NE feedback for the Reds too. I think I am going to have to do some more reading before I trust one of them...... :mad:

Keep an eye out for the samsung drives that were still smasung quality but after seagate bought em. Or Samsung drives before seagate bought them if they can be found...

...I had it in my cart ready to complete my order and just couldn't take the chance on getting a bad drive, or a drive that would crap out. I'll save my money for the Red series and hope they go on sale during the holidays.

Almost the same here... had it in cart, just couldn't pull the trigger.
I'm not so worried about bad drives. I've got a 1Tb, 1.5Tb, and 2Tb Green drives that have served me well for years. Like mentioned above, I don't think I ever paid more than $75 for any of those drives. I'm gonna wait it out and see if the prices continue to fall.

Back