Newegg 30% open box mobo's

Well I can always return it. Though NewEgg does a good job making sure Open Box still are functional. More than likely it's early adopters who couldn't get memory to run. I mean $327 on a $550 board is worth the hassle in dealing with shipping and returns

Open Box motherboards... You are a braver more patient man than I. That is a section I can't even look at in Microcenter.
Tell me about it, my closest Microcenter is 5 minutes away.... time to wait for a Threadripper CPU to go clearance ;)

I have had good luck with open box Microcenter boards as long as they are AMD. In fact I'm posting from one now.
Intel boards are a different story. I won't bother looking at them anymore. I have done web orders for at least 4 or maybe 5 boards that seemed like great deals but when I got to the store and looked at them at the register they had bent pins. They say they test the boards, but they have to be full of shit. How would these boards work with bent pins?

I would be very vary of open box boards from Newegg. Doesn't anyone remember the thread where lots of people tried to return Intel boards to Newegg, but then Newegg said they couldn't do a return because pins were damaged? It was a lot of people, all with similar stories, and some had pictures of the sockets before they sent them in so it was obvious Newegg was damaging them to deny a return. I would not trust these people. What if you get an open box board with bent pins and try to return it? I would bet they blame the buyer and there is probably nothing you can do about it. How can you prove it wasn't you?

Well I can always return it. Though NewEgg does a good job making sure Open Box still are functional. More than likely it's early adopters who couldn't get memory to run. I mean $327 on a $550 board is worth the hassle in dealing with shipping and returns

Thats an awesome deal on that motherboard! I have one in a 1950X setup and its awesome. I will admit the RAM issue can be a little tricky. I have a 128GB kit that I am still only able to get 4 modules working (64GB total) even though its "certified" to work.

I've purchased two open box boards from Microcenter, first one worked fine, second one wouldn't boot. I exchanged it for another open box board which worked great. I don't live near a MC anymore but I've heard they stopped giving the CPU/MB combo discount on open box. It was great when you could get open box discount + combo discount + rebates.

I've never purchased open box from newegg before but if I were looking for a motherboard I wouldn't have a problem doing so.

Everytime these kind of sales pop up I think I should buy a Ryzen cpu/mb, but I have zero need for it and have talked myself out of it so far.

I wish you both the best of luck. I couldn't do it, maybe there's a used-mobo-paraphobia illness that I just invented.

eh, it had been returned with bent pins then MC sent it to Asus to be repaired so I wasn't too concerned, especially since they let me buy an extended warranty on it.

So yeah, they labeled it Open Box but it was actually a refurb. Came in white box missing a bunch of the add ons so I returned it. If it's too good to be true than it must be so.

Open box motherboards?

austinpowersdangerous.jpg

The link doesnt have any 30% discounts anymore. Im gkad because my willpower to not buy one was eroding :)

Yeah the clearance sale is over. They actually had it on all their clearance items over the weekend.

Back