Newegg $25 off $100 dollar purchase

jumped on it, did the deal with the Hitachi 2TB Hard drives for 74.99 with 10$Rebates.. got 2 with the -25

124.99 Bought with 2x $10 Rebates... 104.99 AR for the 2x Hitachi 2TB Drives... W00T
52.495/each == $.0262475/GB

Went ahead an ordered the X-Fi Titanium Pro for $80. My new P67 Sabertooth doesn't have an open PCI slot with crossfire so I went ahead and ordered the replacement PCI-x card. Thanks OP! :)

Picked up the ASRock E350M1 Zacate, Habey EMC-800B

This will go with a 40GB Kingston SSD, BluRay drive, 4GB DDR3 ram :)

Oh and I had the $100 gift card so my total was $68, basically buying the case, since shipping was $14.

Just used this promo to get an Asus VH242H 23.6" monitor shipped to my door for $148.98. I stacked another deal for an additional $15. Sweet. Looking forward to gaming in 1920x1080. :D

2 Hitachi 5K2000 drives = $150

newgeek25 code = "Although you've entered a valid promo code NEWGEEK25, your order does not currently meet the code's usage criteria."

:confused:

newgeek25 code = "Although you've entered a valid promo code NEWGEEK25, your order does not currently meet the code's usage criteria."

You created a new account already? If using your existing account, then it won't work.

Created new account (Wifey's name)

@ current price w/o code, I can buy from Amazon @ same item price + save S/H + TAX

Hmm..the ability to make email aliases in exchange makes me smile...

I got this error on a $105 item with $15 shipping. I tried the code again and it worked.

It did that for me, too. You have to calculate shipping first. Then apply the code. For some reason, that fixed it for me.

Sucks they jacked the prices of all the good SSDs, and most the good 120gb were sold out.

Sucks they jacked the prices of all the good SSDs, and most the good 120gb were sold out.

Yeah, the only reasonable deal I saw was the OCZ Vertex 2 80GB for $130.99... but it has such bad reviews so I'm not sure what to think.

Still, my 90GB OCZ Vertex 2 90GB kicks the crap out of my Crucial C300 64GB even though AS SSD shows it's only getting 35mb/s writes! :confused: I'm sure its the new 25nm, so I took a chance on the V2 80GB.

jumped on it, did the deal with the Hitachi 2TB Hard drives for 74.99 with 10$Rebates.. got 2 with the -25

124.99 Bought with 2x $10 Rebates... 104.99 AR for the 2x Hitachi 2TB Drives... W00T
52.495/each == $.0262475/GB

That's what I got too. CA sales tax, but still crazy good per gb price after the discount and rebates.

Yeah, the only reasonable deal I saw was the OCZ Vertex 2 80GB for $130.99... but it has such bad reviews so I'm not sure what to think.

Still, my 90GB OCZ Vertex 2 90GB kicks the crap out of my Crucial C300 64GB even though AS SSD shows it's only getting 35mb/s writes! :confused: I'm sure its the new 25nm, so I took a chance on the V2 80GB.

Im staying away from Sandforce. Tried it before, and they dont do well as OS drives if they are more then like 1/3 full. The degradation is too bad.

Im trying to get an Intel 320, Samsung 470, or maybe a Crucial/Micron.

Im staying away from Sandforce. Tried it before, and they dont do well as OS drives if they are more then like 1/3 full. The degradation is too bad.

Im trying to get an Intel 320, Samsung 470, or maybe a Crucial/Micron.

I don't really understand what's happening, but this is what my OCZ Vertex 2 says I'm getting with AS SSD:

assd.png

My C300 benches MUCH higher, but the Vertex 2 BLOWS it away as far as start up times and loading programs and I've done lots of side by side comparison.

The ATTO benchmark for the V2 90GB shows averages of 270/230, so maybe it's just AS SSD giving me screwy numbers. Anyways the V2 performs so much better than my C300 that I'm chancing it on another one.

Placed separate orders for a Core i5 2400, MSI P67A motherboard, and Patriot DDR3 1600. Saved $25 on each for $75 total savings :D

I ordered an 8 pin extension cable to fluff the RAM order over $100 to use the $25 code. Also I signed up for Shoprunner.com service to get everything shipped via 2 day for free (saved another $10). Already cancelled it :p

For anyone using Gmail, you can automatically have different emails address all go to your main inbox. Just put some text after a + sign like this:

[email protected]

Newegg thinks its a new account. Gmail will get any mail going to that address and send it right to [email protected] because you have the + in there.

Last edited:
Placed separate orders for a Core i5 2400, MSI P67A motherboard, and Patriot DDR3 1600. Saved $25 on each for $75 total savings :D

I ordered an 8 pin extension cable to fluff the RAM order over $100 to use the $25 code. Also I signed up for Shoprunner.com service to get everything shipped via 2 day for free (saved another $10). Already cancelled it :p

For anyone using Gmail, you can automatically have different emails address all go to your main inbox. Just put some text after a + sign like this:

[email protected]

Newegg thinks its a new account. Gmail will get any mail going to that address and send it right to [email protected] because you have the + in there.

Just confirmed that this works. Thanks!

I don't really understand what's happening, but this is what my OCZ Vertex 2 says I'm getting with AS SSD:

My C300 benches MUCH higher, but the Vertex 2 BLOWS it away as far as start up times and loading programs and I've done lots of side by side comparison.

Btw this is probably explained by the fact that AS SSD uses incompressible data for benchmarking. I just stumbled across this while reading AnandTech's review of Crucial/Micron M4/C400. Here on this page. SandForce drives perform worse in AS SSD than in other benchmarks but in real-life usage you often pass compressible data around, in which SandForce performs better.

just grabbed a gigabyte itx 1155 board for my incoming i3 2100 with a dummy account. thanks OP.

This was a great deal... Its too bad that NewEgg doesn't do more to service loyal customers. I know many jumped through the "new account" hoop so NewEgg could claim to "acquire" X number of "new" customers.

This was a great deal... Its too bad that NewEgg doesn't do more to service loyal customers. I know many jumped through the "new account" hoop so NewEgg could claim to "acquire" X number of "new" customers.

I got banned for using the coupon 3 times with different email address, so I don't think they were just doing this to fluff their number of new customers :eek:

OMG - you can never buy from NewEgg again?? that's so sad.

Newegg won't actually tell me *why* I am banned at the moment, so I am not sure if its forever. I placed 3 orders with the coupon and my CPU order got voided after sitting in the verification stage for a while. I talked to customer service and they told me my account was blocked and no one could access it. I asked if I could redo the order and they told me they would not send me anything. Yesterday I tried placing an order for the CPU on my normal account, nothing fancy, and it was voided seconds after I submitted the order.

I made three separate orders and they were charged and shipped immediately. All three came today. Web server is assembled, but Ubuntu 10.10 Server doesn't like being installed from a USB drive.

EDIT: Ooo, figured it out. Three of the files have truncated filenames. Making then udeb fixes it.

Last edited:
I got banned for using the coupon 3 times with different email address, so I don't think they were just doing this to fluff their number of new customers :eek:

Seems like you had a bit of bad luck, as I know many people who used the coupon 3 times without issue and weren't exactly sly about it. The only thing I can guess is that two of your orders shipped from the same warehouse and somehow drew attention.

My beef with NewEgg and many companies in general is that they spend lavishly on getting new customers but treat current customers like cattle.

Damn, that's odd and sucky. I made two accounts and used it twice for a cpu and a motherboard. They both shipped, and it was from the same place, Industry, CA. However, one shipped on 3/31 and the other 4/03 or something like that. (already received the first one today) I ordered the second item a day later and it was just about to be the weekend, so I guess that's why. Maybe yours were getting shipped from same warehouse and at the same time?

In any case, that's terrible luck. :(

My beef with NewEgg and many companies in general is that they spend lavishly on getting new customers but treat current customers like cattle.

I got a list of discount codes after spending a few hundred bucks at the egg; 10% off PSUs, memory, Windows products, etc. Wasn't the best deal in the world but were I to use any of them it would be a nice perk.

Also, a friend also recently built a SB build via the Egg. He did it just prior to the Shogun 2 promotion with Intel CPUs; he called them 2 weeks after his order and the agreed to ship him a copy for free. Yes, he dropped about $1500 there, but still how many places will just hand you over a $50 promotional item after you've already walked out of their store with the goods?

Back