newegg 10% off visacheckout is back until October 31st

Nice, would be good for a GTX 970 if you can find one in stock. Too bad the max ceiling isn't higher, but $20 off a $330-$350 card would still be great on a just released high-end card.

Just in time for my Birthday. Now I just need my wife to agree to a "large" purchase :)

Thanks for sharing, OP. I've been in the market for an upgrade to my crappy H50, and decided to pick up a Phanteks PH-TC14PE_BK. Used this along with a $5 GC I had, ended up costing me $62. I can live with that.

i love it how they attached 5 dollar gift card to Gigabyte GTX 970 so you cant use this promo code for 20 dollars off, real classy Newegg. (promo code cannot be combined with gift items attached to the product :rolleyes:) Well, no purchase then.

i love it how they attached 5 dollar gift card to Gigabyte GTX 970 so you cant use this promo code for 20 dollars off, real classy Newegg. (promo code cannot be combined with gift items attached to the product :rolleyes:) Well, no purchase then.

Yes they did that exactly so you wouldn't buy it :rolleyes:

Yeah, I just noticed that. Pretty cheesy move. Makes it a lot easier for me to pass on this purchase.
Yes they did that exactly so you wouldn't buy it :rolleyes:
They must have done it so I wouldn't buy it, either.

So, I didn't.

Looks like they fixed it...

I just bought an Asus GTX 970 (It's in stock finally!) and was able to use the VISACHECKOUT promo code. Knocked $20 off my total!

Remember, you HAVE to choose and use 'Visa Checkout' when asked for a payment method during your checkout process. Just paying normally with a Visa card won't work...

Yes the GTX 970s are back in stock and yes the promo code works for them.

Also note that the VISACHECKOUT is while supplies last.

Yes the GTX 970s are back in stock and yes the promo code works for them.

Also note that the VISACHECKOUT is while supplies last.

While supplies of what, exactly, last? LOL :D

By the way, glad to see Newegg advertising here again!

I don't think the code works on any of the 970's as they have $5 gift cards or game bundles. I tried the PNY one for example & I was told at checkout that it can't be combined with free gifts or combo deals.

I don't think the code works on any of the 970's as they have $5 gift cards or game bundles. I tried the PNY one for example & I was told at checkout that it can't be combined with free gifts or combo deals.

It worked for me on the Asus card, but after reviewing my order it looks like the Asus 970 doesn't come with the $5 gift card. So I guess that's why it worked...

It worked for me on the Asus card, but after reviewing my order it looks like the Asus 970 doesn't come with the $5 gift card. So I guess that's why it worked...

Isn't the asus card $349 instead of $329 ?

Getting it BACK to $329 still makes it more expensive than a $329 card with a $5 gift card.

I was all set to jump on the MSI 970 Gaming card, but that lame $5 promo is included. Gotta wait for more of the Asus Strix 970 cards, I guess.

Getting it BACK to $329 still makes it more expensive than a $329 card with a $5 gift card.

In my opinion the Asus card is worth the extra $20 and then some... awesome cooler, solid board design, etc. That's also why it sells out so fast.

not letting me buy an amd card because the games coupon makes it a "bundle." This is bullcrap

The Asus GTX 970 card is $349, it has many upgrades over a stock PCB layout. $329 for the Asus Strix GTX 970 is a fantastic deal.

I just bought a XFX XTR 650 power supply from Amazon for $100. It was $110 on Newegg, so the coupon would have brought it down to $99 and make the prices essentially even. I would much rather buy stuff from Amazon, get items faster, and not have to return everything to the west coast via UPS Ground if there is a problem. I sent a GTX 970 back to Newegg on 10/4 with their return label. UPS Tracking says they won't receive it until 10/13. So I won't be seeing that refund for a long time :mad:

Back