Newbie with simple start up question

Hey everyone,

I finally jumped in. I have 3 - T17s with everything hooked up except the Cat5`s. Here is my layout. Charter Spectrum Cable Modem into a BlackHawk Router downstairs. 1 Cat 5 ran upstairs into Supply Closet where the 3 - T17`s sit. How to I connect from the 1 cat5 to the 3 T17`s? Hub, Switch or 2nd router? (remember we are coming off a router downstairs to get internet upstairs to the 3 miners.

Thanks...

Thanks, This has been a workout for sure. The guy that sold me these basically stopped talking almost as soon as I plugged them in. I ran a 60 amp service from my basement to the second floor of the house and sat the panel. Then 8 outlets on separate 20 amp circuits. Installed 1/2 styrofoam board to create a small room. Managing the heat has been a problem. They shut down at about 95 degrees (f). Last night was my best night running just one. I have gotten 12 hours out of it so far with no shut downs tho, almost (exactly) every 30 minutes I get an email showing it went down. Is that normal.?

How are you venting/replacing air volume? How fast are you running the fans on each asic?

I have tried venting each T17 with a 10Inch Flex duct to the outside through the eve of the house.
I understand now that I have got to remove the exhaust side as much as possible.
I have a portable AC set up but, the 3 - T17 units pull so much the AC cant keep up with it. It just sucks the cold air out immediately.
I attached the current hash rate. Is this good, normal or bad? I am watching YouTube videos as I find them.
When is the hash rate not worth running? I guess I am saying at what hash rate am I paying more for electricity that I am making off the miner?

Thoughts?

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2020-03-27 at 7.31.16 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2020-03-27 at 7.31.16 AM.png
    18.6 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Hashrate is supposed to be ~40TH/s, so looks like something isn't quite right.

When is the hash rate not worth running? I guess I am saying at what hash rate am I paying more for electricity that I am making off the miner?

What's your power cost per kWh?

The energy price during peak hours is 22.6557cents/kwh with Time Advantage – Demand and 26.9540 cents/kwh with Time Advantage – Energy.

Just picked up my switch. I have bpassed the downstairs Blackhawk router for now. Cat 5 directly into cable modem. Going to test speed on 2 T-17s running at same time.

How do I get my hash rate to 40?

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2020-03-27 at 7.56.17 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2020-03-27 at 7.56.17 PM.png
    34 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
The energy price during peak hours is 22.6557cents/kwh with Time Advantage – Demand and 26.9540 cents/kwh with Time Advantage – Energy.

Holy crap, you're losing money big time. If you were getting the rated 40TH/s and you had 9c/kWh power, you would just about break even. With ~23c/kWh and running three of those at an average of 25TH/s, you're losing about $27/day.

I cant keep my hash rate up.... I really need to find someone who has a little time to talk with me... If anyone would help I sure would appreciate it... I am about ready to toss these in the lake.

I'm not sure there's anyone active in this forum who currently runs ASICs. I think we tend to be more GPU miners here. You're probably going to be better served checking on a forum with more active ASIC miners.

Back