Newbie to watercooling

elec999

Limp Gawd
I really want to go watercooling I put together my own setup. Please comment on it.
Should I get a Quad Fan Rad, I need it to be quiet if possible.

Component Brand
Pump Swiftech MCP655
Rad Swiftech MCR320 Quiet Power Triple
Reservor Swiftech MCRES-MICRO
Cpu Block Swiftech APOGEE GTZ
Tubing Tygon R-3603 1/2IN ID 3/4IN OD Tubing 5 Feet

If I get the Swiftech APOGEE DRIVE CPU Water Block to replace the cpu block and pump, will I use loose alot of persomance vs MCP655 and Apogee GTZ.
Thank you

We need to know what your computer hardware is.

Parts look good though. The Drive will be about 3-4c warmer than the GTX + pump... I'd go for the Drive for ease of use.

If you're only cooling the CPU, the tripple radiator will be adequate (with a nice overclock). I got very good results from the BIX 2X120 on my 3.2GHz Q6600 and GTZ.

The Appogee drive does give the option to keep the footprint pretty small. It will give slightly higher temps, but I don't think it would impact anything like system stability.

...I say go for it and 3/8" tubing. Will keep it nice and clean.

I placed an order for it. Should I do push and pull with six fans to get best performance. Wish me luck guys
Thanks

That will give you the best performance possible, but IMO, may be a bit excessive. I think three fans pulling through the rad will give you the best balance between noise and performance.

The best noise and performance ratio comes is from a push/pull setup with your fans running at 5v... That will equal the airflow of about a single fan at 12v, but have 3dba less noise (per fan pair).

The best noise and performance ratio comes is from a push/pull setup with your fans running at 5v... That will equal the airflow of about a single fan at 12v, but have 3dba less noise (per fan pair).

Didn't think about that, but I would do that as well.

Back