newbie help with Cisco Aironet 1552

tokus

n00b
Hi guys,
Have inherited a Cisco Aironet 1552 and i have no idea what to do with it or how to operate it.
Was thinking if it can't be used maybe sell it on ebay. Just looking for options really.Most i know is tou can use it to broadcast a wireless network..could be wrong.

Also someone told me it can't work automated without a wireless controller.Something about autonomy.

Any ideas or help will be appreciated.Thanks

That's an outdoor AP, where do you plan on deploying it?

Yes, the person who told you is correct. The 1552 Aironets do not support mobility express and require a wireless controller.

What's the exact model of the AP? I would just sell it on ebay if you don't know how to use it. You'd be better off getting the cash for it and buying something you know how to use.

Yes, the person who told you is correct. The 1552 Aironets do not support mobility express and require a wireless controller.

What's the exact model of the AP? I would just sell it on ebay if you don't know how to use it. You'd be better off getting the cash for it and buying something you know how to use.

The exact model is Cisco Aironet AIR-CAP1552E

Hey. Found a way in which i can use it so i decided not to sell and to get a wireless LAN controller so as to be able to operate it. Found one and was looking into acquiring it.
Cisco 2504 AIR-CT2504-5-K9 5 Access Points Wireless LAN Controller.

The Model of the AP is AIR-CAP1552I-E-K9.

Is this ok or might there be a better option?

Back