Newbie Animal Crossing Help

Joose

Gawd
Okay... so wtf is this game all about?

I've played it now for almost 5 hours and feel like i've gotten nowhere except paid off Tom Nook. Other than that I havent done anything besides pick cherries & deliver stuff to the town-folk.

I was pissed when i went to leave the starting location via train and the train guy said that i cant leave without saving (i have no memory card). So i went out and bought a memory card. Plug it in... go save... and go back to the train guy and guess what...It says I cant leave without basically buying another memory card to put in the 2nd slot that has town data (which i dont know what the funk that means)

BTW... i bought the game used... had no instructions...

WHAT AM I DOING??? OR NOT DOING????

Joose said:
Okay... so wtf is this game all about?

I've played it now for almost 5 hours and feel like i've gotten nowhere except paid off Tom Nook. Other than that I havent done anything besides pick cherries & deliver stuff to the town-folk.

I was pissed when i went to leave the starting location via train and the train guy said that i cant leave without saving (i have no memory card). So i went out and bought a memory card. Plug it in... go save... and go back to the train guy and guess what...It says I cant leave without basically buying another memory card to put in the 2nd slot that has town data (which i dont know what the funk that means)

BTW... i bought the game used... had no instructions...

WHAT AM I DOING??? OR NOT DOING????

I am going to assume that this is the gamecube version... in the GCN version, The train station is used to visit towns saved in other Memory Cards. This is done by 2 methods:

1) Have your friend's Town Data in Slot B, your Town Data in Slot A. Talk to the monkey and you should be good.

-OR-

2) Save "Travel Data" to a 3rd Memory Card in Slot B(let's call this card C for convenience). Then Swap Town Data A in Slot A with Town Data B. (To be honest the manual is a little vague, and i've not tested this method before, so hopefully there's some sorta prompts to guide what's going on here o_O?)

So that's pretty much the use of the Train Station... although I'd recommend checking it out around 8PM-Midnight on Saturdays.

So you're telling me that I have to find some other loser that plays this game in order to leave this 8x8 acre forest that I've started off in???????

wtf kind of game is this??!?!?!?

Maybe i'm missing the point here... i dunno. I bought this game based on seeing everyone's positive comments on here. I dont understand the fun in selling apples & seashells all day long. The game is in Real Time so it doesnt progress at all... or am I really supposed to mark my calendar in real life to remind me to turn on this game in order to meet so-called "special characters" that enter my 8x8 acre forest???

where is the complexity??? where's the fun???

What kind of motivation am I supposed to have to decorate my port-a-potty of a house???
Its not like sims where your energy is regenerated faster with better interior decor.

HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE

Whoa dude chill. The point of the game is that it's a sandbox in which you can do whatever you want - maybe you want to catch all the fish, or get the biggest house, or collection a few sets of furniture, or whatever.

This is why the DS version is so popular - it has online play, so you can go visit anybody you know over the 'net.

Slartibartfast said:
Whoa dude chill. The point of the game is that it's a sandbox in which you can do whatever you want - maybe you want to catch all the fish, or get the biggest house, or collection a few sets of furniture, or whatever.

This is why the DS version is so popular - it has online play, so you can go visit anybody you know over the 'net.

Do whatever you want? which includes what?

1.) Walk around an 8x8 forest
2.) Pick up sea shells & apples & sell them to the pawn shop
3.) Catch bugs & sell them
4.) Catch Fish & Sell them
5.) Sell Fossils that i've dug up.
6.) Collect furniture

...wow... and this game is one of Nintendo's best?!?!? is this a joke?

Joose said:
Do whatever you want? which includes what?

1.) Walk around an 8x8 forest
2.) Pick up sea shells & apples & sell them to the pawn shop
3.) Catch bugs & sell them
4.) Catch Fish & Sell them
5.) Sell Fossils that i've dug up.
6.) Collect furniture

...wow... and this game is one of Nintendo's best?!?!? is this a joke?

It's obvious that Animal Crossing isn't for you. Return the game if you still have the receipt, and if their return policy allows returning opened games.

Go exchange it for True Crime: Streets of New York, as that game (as shitty as it is, IMO) will more likely entertain you. You clearly don't understand what Animal Crossing is about, so I would try to get my money back.

Back