New - Zotac AMP Extreme Edition GTX 970!

Darksword

Gawd
Just stumbled upon this on Newegg. Zotac AMP! Extreme Edition GTX 970 with a triple-slot aftermarket cooler. :cool:

Default core 1203
Default mem 7200

MSRP = $409.99

14-500-364-01.jpg

14-500-364-09.jpg

14-500-364-02.jpg

14-500-364-03.jpg

14-500-364-07.jpg

14-500-364-06.jpg

what the hell is with that weird hump on the Zotac card??

It's actually still a dual slot cooler, although the fan shroud does extend a bit beyond the bracket.

Well that's the first 2x8 pin 970 I've seen

The price could be somewhat justified if it had ridiculous OC headroom, given that it as 2x8 pins. But there are no reviews on this card, and I don't know enough about Zotac to take a risk.

I was actually looking at the zotac card the other day, looks badass. Should be more like $389 though

Would LOVE to get this, we shall see what games I will buy later this year that'll warrant a new video card purchase :-D

That cooler looks like something out of Nolan's Batman :D. And LOL at still providing a passive DVI->VGA convertor :eek:.
$410 for a 970; nope.
It's around the same price as the Gigabyte G1, and it looks like this Zotac model will be/wants to be in direct market competition with it.
If that's real carbon fibre, that could drive up the price :rolleyes:.
Newegg also has the MSI Gaming GTX 980's now in stock. :D
*snip*
MSRP = $579.99
Wow, off-topic much? Maybe you should post this in the availability thread if you haven't already ;).

It's around the same price as the Gigabyte G1, and it looks like this Zotac model will be/wants to be in direct market competition with it.

The Gigabyte G1s MSRP is only supposed to be $369.99.

But to be honest even with the G1 I think you kind of are already moving away from the value draw of the GTX 970.

With cards like the Asus at +$10 or the MSI Gaming at +$20 MSRP are you really getting that much more by going higher? Especially at +$80 MSRP with the Zotac AMP Extreme.

If you don't really care about price/performance and just want more of a "halo" product then you might as well move up to the GTX 980.

Another AMP! version, seriously considering this model.... This and the Omega are probably some serious kick-arse cards but with the Gigibye sitting cheaper it's a tough sell....

Both are dual 8 pin and from the pics, the only difference between the two AMP! versions is the fans.... PCB and heatsink look the same.... oh and (as of this writing) they are in stock....

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814500363

EDIT: These cards can be hooked up via USB for some internal tweeking / monitoring? What? Well that might help explain some of the price increase. That little chip on the back that says OC+ has a micro USB connector.

Last edited:
The Gigabyte G1s MSRP is only supposed to be $369.99.

But to be honest even with the G1 I think you kind of are already moving away from the value draw of the GTX 970.

With cards like the Asus at +$10 or the MSI Gaming at +$20 MSRP are you really getting that much more by going higher? Especially at +$80 MSRP with the Zotac AMP Extreme.

If you don't really care about price/performance and just want more of a "halo" product then you might as well move up to the GTX 980.

Agree, but if these products essentially get you just above stock 980 performance for $400, then there's still value there..... of course that's an if in this case....

EDIT: These cards can be hooked up via USB for some internal tweeking / monitoring? What? Well that might help explain some of the price increase. That little chip on the back that says OC+ has a micro USB connector.
Ah, I was wondering why that micro-USB cable was in the pic in the OP. Seemed out of place.

Looks nice but if there really is no tangible overclocking gains over cards that are over $40 cheaper than I guess we should all move on, nothing to see here other than some card P0rn for an overpriced card. ;)

I think the LED lights on the front face of the card are pointless bling since you will never be able to look at it directly with the card(s) inserted into the mobo. Unlike the G1 and MSI with LED on the top side which is always visible and observable with a see through case side panels.

Thread back from the dead.. I picked up two ZOTAC GeForce GTX 970 ZT-90106-10P 4GB 256-Bit GDDR5 PCI Express SLI Support AMP! Omega Core Edition Video Cards today. Anyone else running this card? Seems to have a good rating and excellent choice of connections: DVI, HDMI and Display Port. In SLI, these two cards should run almost any game out right now (on my i7-6700K setup).

Well that's the first 2x8 pin 970 I've seen

The price could be somewhat justified if it had ridiculous OC headroom, given that it as 2x8 pins. But there are no reviews on this card, and I don't know enough about Zotac to take a risk.

Its for the added carbon fiber weight reduction......:cool:

Back