New Zalman Low Profile CPU Cooler at Cebit

It still looks like it hangs over the socket as much as the 7000CU but it might hang over higher. I hope so because then I could run 4 sticks of RAM in my eVGA SLI SFF.

Who cares aabout AM2 as of right now its a ways off. Besides early adopters will pay that hefty premium for at least a year or 2. Makes no sense to move to AM2 right now. Yeah DDR2 and all that crap. Dell has been using DDR2 for the past 2 years and you don't see too many people beating down their door. Also on the intel cpu side they have been using ddr 2. I guess all you jokers who just upgraded to the dual core 3800 plus and the 4200 x2 amd 64's will be the first fools to run out and get the AM2. Do you not realize that the 64 bit hardware that we have today is still not even running at its full capacity no matter how much you want to overclock and no matter how many games you run on it. The hardware far outshines and outlasts the software. Maybe if we just waited and didn't buy every new thing that came out we would get a good quality product that we could make a standard for times to come instead of having to purchase a new cpu and new motherboard and new memory. granted things do change but who benefits from these upgrades not us the manufactures who get all the cash and what do you do with your old systems trash them on hand them down. that's where the fun starts so when all you guys upgrade to AM2 drop me a line cuz i really want your old systems. and the manufactures want your money

^ couldnt agree more really

back on topic, isnt the Zalman 7700Cu already a low profile cooler that fits in the qpack ?

i can have 4 sticks of ram and install/uninstall em without a problem.. my mobos a gigabyte ga-k8nmf-9 which is kinda crappy. dont know about the biostars organisation though.

ALYNCH75 what your explaning is not capatalism. If every one waited 2 generations to upgrade their computer then why would Intel or AMD bother to produce new CPU's, we would still be using northwood and barton processors. Consumers wanting to buy the latest greatest is what causes all this great technology to come out. If there where no consumers ready to upgrade every generation then what woud cause AMD and Intel to compete at the level they do. It would take years for a new CPU instead of new technology every year. This dosen't just apply to technology it applys to every aspect of life.

Any ways this has nothing to do with the thread so lets get back on topic.

is the main reason I want AM2. If AMD put this into socket 939, I couldn't care less either. :)
This is for a qpack sized server which needs to run VMs for Linux and Windows...

I only meant to say that everyone does not need to adopt to this new stuff right away. Let the indiviudals who truely need the power be the early adapter. If that were the case let us all go out and purchase a super computer you know like the ones they use at the space program and the super computers that they use at the CDC. Why do you think there is a MS XP home , MS XP Pro, MS server 2003, ms server 2003 small business, etc and the list goes on with vista and its 6 to 11 variants. My gripe is why spend more money for more power that you are not using take this case and point you go upgrade to the new AM2 when it hits the streets but you never utilized the full potential of your old AMD 64 X2 3800 you will not get a boost from your games and I seriouly doubt anyone here even using a word processor app that needs 4 gbs of ram 1 terabyte of storage and a 4 or 5 ghz cpu. Alot of this is overkill. Wouldn't it make more sense to get a system that is reliable, stable fast and does what you need it to do instead of saying ohhhhh wow its a new cpu lets get it.... its a new motherboard ..lets get it.. that is why so many people in our country (USA) are in debt now. The country and our citizens are in so much debt that the dollar is worth next to nothing. ummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm could it be that the way the retail busineess such as clothing, toys, drugs, cars, entertainment has crossed over into the supposeably hi-tevh ,, highly intelligent, great thinkers arena where we as cutting edge on tech enthusists are so blinded by bigger is better. more is better that we forget that the hardware is here but the software devleopers put out crap that is not even compiled to run on the hardware. come on stop smoking that pubic hair and think about it.

I didn't mean to hi-jack the thread please forgive me. I must tell you that the new zalman is very nice. I have seen it on the net. You can order it from some Chinese company. I have not seen it in the states as of yet.

ALYNCH75 no apologie needed. You have a good point in debt in the US, I was just saying that if it didn't work the way it did we would still be using 486 processors.

ALYNCH75, let them buy the new crap. I need a new rig for college next year that I'll probably be building this summer. If the AM2 stuff comes out in June like they say, I'll probably be able to buy an 939 X2 cpu and board for dirt cheap, along with some ram. On my main rig I'm still running a socket A 3200+ barton. There is really no reason to upgrade it. It plays all of the latest and greatest without a problem, right now the limiting factors are mostly graphics cards (I'll probably wait till the dx10 cards come out to drop real money on them anyway). Other people willing to spend on the newest stuff only benefits the people with not so much cash to burn. BTW, this looks like the perfect hsf to add to my future sff build :) Hope it works as good as it's predecessors .

Back