New Xbox 360 250GB Unboxing

For those crying about it being a finger print magnet, do you molest your console THAT MUCH? I mean really? I have had a launch console (knock on wood) and I think I touched it like 5 times, and that was only to move it to a new location. STOP FONDELING YOUR CONSOLES IF YOUR WORRIED ABOUT FINGER PRINTS!:rolleyes:

P.S. You can power on/off and eject your CD's via the wireless controllers, for those still worried about fingerprints.

I like that they're on a 45-nm process now, with more vents and a big side fan. The 360 had bad design flaws that lead to it's constant red-ring of death rates, and hopefully this will be a big step to resolving that.

When my current 360 red-rings again, you can bet I'm upgrading. On a side note, I like the new harddrives more. Would've killed for Sata support like the ps3 though...

For those crying about it being a finger print magnet, do you molest your console THAT MUCH? I mean really? I have had a launch console (knock on wood) and I think I touched it like 5 times, and that was only to move it to a new location. STOP FONDELING YOUR CONSOLES IF YOUR WORRIED ABOUT FINGER PRINTS!

P.S. You can power on/off and eject your CD's via the wireless controllers, for those still worried about fingerprints.

Is there not an old Budo quote saying something to the effect of one attack comes at you; expect many? You are thinking in a very limited manner for how finger prints occur and whom they occurred from.

To me the worst part of a gloss finish is the refractiveness.

[edit]At 2:45 in the video, is that a Displayport above the network connector?

That would be the dedicated port for Kinect. Data + power off one cable, vs. needing a USB + power cable on the original XBox 360.

Oh man, look at that shiny finish! I wish my current Elite was as reflective. However, I do not like small things and can not figure out why people are obsessed with slim things. I loved the PS3 better when it was festively plump. I LOVE my first generation Toshiba HD-A1 HD-DVD player which literally looks like a grey tank on top of my desk.

Schweeet, I traded my "old" elite 360 today at gamestop within a hour of seeing the announcement of this thing! It's also coming out before my birthday, I can't wait!!!

If I were to purchase a 360 I would definitely get this. The cooling looks more promising plus integrated wireless.

I like the touch features, I just wonder if it would be to easy to hit that on accident and open the tray while you are playing or something?

Over all pretty nice, if I still played xbox I would consider this. I'm glad they also changed to the side fan instead of the stupid dual fan design from before. I actually considered modding my old 360 and putting a 120mm fan on the side like that but it required soldiering a 3pin fan header to the 360's mobo which is just way to much work. Overall for just a revision of the original design I would say MS is headed in the right direction. Now I guess they focus on the next console?

goes nice with my shiny black ps3.

That's what I was thinking too but, in my opinion, $299 is a little steep for an Xbox360 at this point in its life cycle; even if it does have WiFi N built in.

It does look sharp though.

That's what I was thinking too but, in my opinion, $299 is a little steep for an Xbox360 at this point in its life cycle; even if it does have WiFi N built in.

Um, this is not the entry-level 360.
The Elite is priced at the same level, or at least it was.

It does look sharp though.

Considering that the .11n adapter costs $100 and the 250gig $130 seperatetly, $300 is a great deal for what your getting.

Um, this is not the entry-level 360.
The Elite is priced at the same level, or at least it was.

According to MS, the old Elite has dropped to $250 and Arcade down to $150. They are going to be phased out and the new 360 250gig will be the only model available for awhile.

Yes, you can. You don't need to turn every option in a game up.

If you run the game at the same specs as the 360 copy you don't need 4gigs.

I believe the original quote I was replying to was this:

Now you can even build a pc that will spank a console for LESS than the console costs.

You're not spanking the console if you run it at the same settings. Besides, $50 off of $460 is not going to get your PC build cost below that of a console. You might as well spend the money and get a BETTER experience, instead of half-assing it and saving $50.

I wonder why they keep calling it the Xbox360 2.

They did not read the box or see the back of the xbox360 where it says "Xbox360 S console"

Sorta like the xbox1 controllers. There was the Duke controllers and the S controllers.

I may have to get a 360 now. The only complaints I still have with the system is that you need to buy battery packs for the controllers and you have to pay for online (and that was the weak end of the complaint list).

Oh hey, I heard microsoft had a prepared statement for when sony announces a paid online service. It said something to the effect of "glad to see them following in our footsteps". I read that and then laughed at the glossy black with silver trim brand new ultra sleek 360.

Anyways, really cool stuff.

I may have to get a 360 now. The only complaints I still have with the system is that you need to buy battery packs for the controllers and you have to pay for online (and that was the weak end of the complaint list).

Anyways, really cool stuff.

Get some NIMH Energizer AA batteries, thats what I use and they last a long time between charges.

And $50 a year which equates to less then $4 a month to experience EVERYTHING on Xbox live is a very small price to pay for what your getting IMO.

Get some NIMH Energizer AA batteries, thats what I use and they last a long time between charges.

And $50 a year which equates to less then $4 a month to experience EVERYTHING on Xbox live is a very small price to pay for what your getting IMO.

I always wait till one of the many deals for Live scripts come out. I refuse to pay more than $35/13 months for my Live nowadays.

Well its hard to find the 13 Month deals cause Microsoft has phased them out but yeah I never pay more than $35 for a year of Live.

Considering how much gaming is moving to consoles, even once-planned PC titles, I'm glad they've released this "refresh", given that my wife and I play own multiple 360s.

There are a few PC titles I know for sure will be on PC, but there have been more titles than I can count that I/we ended up getting on 360 for various reasons (problems on PC, bad ports etc.) that I've a feeling the trend will only continue.

So, a cooler and quieter (according to Shacknews' updated impressions) 360 is welcomed.

Well at least you guys aren't referring to it as a "Slim" Xbox 360... Because while I understand that it IS smaller it's not very "slim".

Sad part is that I was just getting ready to buy one of the new "Slim" PS3s. And I wanted one with a 250GB drive, which cost about $400. But the kicker is that I have a modest collection of Xb360 games. So it doesn't make too much sense to get a more expensive PS3 for the few exclusive games.

Still I'm happy with my 2yr old Elite. And I can't see spending $300 for one of these.

wow nice now the question is if it has the RROD

Considering its a complete board/CPU/GPU/cooling redesign and after the RROD fiasco with the old system, I doubt it.

new360mb_45147_screen.jpg

I hope everyone is ready for Sony's release of the new PS3. The rumoued feature list...

*Slightly Larger in size
*Matt white finish
*A proprietary HDD
*Mechanical "press" buttons
*Louder BD Drive
*Built-Out Wireless Connection

360 blind fan's... What do they say is the largest form of flattery? ;)

Don't know if its been said so I'll say it. New hard drive interface design and how will I get my data over to it? Personally if the transfer disc and cable works I'll be good but how many others don't have this will be able to do it? I will speculate this was done because of the transfer cable and its misuses.

Second I see this has more USB ports and the top two ports didn't look like usb but they could be.

Also memory cards slots seem to be gone, probably in favor of USB storage, however I find the "formatting and configuration" of a USB drive a bit hit and miss I hope compatibility grows as well as capacity.

Don't know if its been said so I'll say it. New hard drive interface design and how will I get my data over to it? Personally if the transfer disc and cable works I'll be good but how many others don't have this will be able to do it? I will speculate this was done because of the transfer cable and its misuses.

Second I see this has more USB ports and the top two ports didn't look like usb but they could be.

Also memory cards slots seem to be gone, probably in favor of USB storage, however I find the "formatting and configuration" of a USB drive a bit hit and miss I hope compatibility grows as well as capacity.

You should be able to transfer your game data to any USB memory stick between systems.

I actually prefer the design of the current 360. This one just looks...cheaper to me somehow.
And it's funny, usually I'd choose the black console/receiver/computer/whatever over the white or silver one anytime, but for some reason I really liked the 360 in white.

Meh, too expensive. I got a new arcade console off ebay last summer for $110 when my launch system died. $50 for a 120gb hdd. Not sure how this is worth twice the price especially when at its core, all you're still getting is an Xbox 360 with an ancient Nvidia 7800-ish gpu.

It's built off ATI hardware. It's similar to an X1900 IIRC. The PS3 has the 7800ish GPU.

Every time Steve says "whet your appetite" in a news post I want to just punch something.

You can get $30/yr memberships ($2.50/mo) about twice a year. I buy one every time, covered through 2012 ATM.

The re-model doesn't get me excited at all. It's still an ugly X-Box. I don't see it as much smaller at all.

Now, if they improved the reliability by a wide margin, that's something that would be nice.

$4 a month to pay for netflix on Xbox LIVE that EVERYONE ELSE DOES FOR FREE? yeah, great deal.....

The second greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing people that multiplayer and other things we have enjoyed for free for decades should be a paid premium service.....

Also just noticed there's already two listings on the Amazon item page by third party sellers for $500 and $600. That was quick...

Back