new X1800XT problems with games

hello all, i just got an ATI X1800XT 512MB from Sapphire to replace my nvidia 6600GT from eVGA. everything seems to work fine and all running windows. Oblivion runs well with everything turned all the way up and 6x AA. But when i try to run BF2 it gets to the slash logo and begins to load but then crashes. The same thing happens with Special Forces. I tried playing Civilization 4 and once it loads the game and map and all it crashes to desktop. I have the newest drivers, 6.6, i havent tried it with the older drivers. i heard they may be causing some trouble. if anyone has any experience with this problem i'd appreciate some help. thanks.

Try the 6.3 drivers. I have a little more faith in them than 6.6. Make sure you properly remove the old drivers before installing new ones. Just curious, what are the rest of your specs?

i have an Athlon 64 3700+ at 2.2ghz, 1 gb of DDR400 Corsair XMS series, an EPoX 9NPA3 Ultra motherboard, a WD 250gb 7200rpm sata2 hdd and i just got the x1800xt. my old 6600gt didnt really have a problem except it was weak in some games, so i dont think its anything but the card and mostly the drivers. also i just tried out GRAW and its worked fine. i'll try the 6.3 drivers now and see how it goes. thanks for your help

i tried the 6.3 drivers and they didnt work either and i made sure to Driver Cleaner Pro. Since most of my other games work maybe its just this one. i already emailed them so we'll see. thanks for your help anyway.

I found that BF2 does not liek a vid card change. You may have to delete some of the configuration files or reload it.

Back