New World Amazon Studios MMORPG

Comixbooks

Fully [H]

The only thread I could find was by a post made on the main page not sure if this is a duplicate thread. The magic in the game looks over the top if they had a druid tree like in DAOC it could be awesome.

Last edited:
Screenshot_20200103-121410_Amazon Shopping.jpg

I'm interested. not alot to look forward to this year as far as MP games go.

That video still only qualifies as a peek. That 'peek' certainly looks better than it did 1 year ago. However, still has a long way to go to touch its competition.

Glad I snagged this for free. When Amazon first listed all their new games, they were marked for free and they are honoring the preorder.

Doing some research, seems like this game has had turbulent development. They just recently switched it from being an "sandbox PvP" MMORPG to a PvE MMORPG. Testers complaining the devs have lost their way and there is hardly and PvE content for its new PvE focus...

Doing some research, seems like this game has had turbulent development. They just recently switched it from being an "sandbox PvP" MMORPG to a PvE MMORPG. Testers complaining the devs have lost their way and there is hardly and PvE content for its new PvE focus...

I'm going to keep a watch on this one. I want it for PvE and have it on preorder. If testers are still complaining closer to release I'll cancel the order.

Not feeling this game one bit finally a video without commentary people are trying to recruit for guilds on Steam but that is probably the only good part. Game's graphics looks too realistic for me thus making it a dull setting. They should of made a PVE focused game and left PVP on the side sandwich making game. Lord of the Rings might be better also by Amazon.

Last edited:
I bet the Steam forums are up in flames right about now there were so many people recruiting for guilds in advance.

Last edited:
As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
I hope they do better then the last mmo that launched right before a WoW expansion.
Warhammer online was a glorious game for the 1st month.
Then came a WoW expansion and it was a ghost town.
I was reading up on WAR and seems like the private server that has been up for a few years is decently popular/populated for what it is.

I thought it was an amazon mmo, not amazon's mmo, that changes things. Pity.

Not feeling this game one bit finally a video without commentary people are trying to recruit for guilds on Steam but that is probably the only good part. Game's graphics looks too realistic for me thus making it a dull setting. They should of made a PVE focused game and left PVP on the side sandwich making game. Lord of the Rings might be better also by Amazon.

Unfortunately that video reminded me why I really have no interest in mmorpg's anymore. It really looked dull.

I was accepted into the alpha stage a while back and honestly, it was horrendously boring and I love mmos.

All you did was chop down trees, kill some wolves and watch everyone else do the same thing around you. Seriously underwhelming fetch quests galore. I don't know, it was rather odd.

I was accepted into the alpha stage a while back and honestly, it was horrendously boring and I love mmos.

All you did was chop down trees, kill some wolves and watch everyone else do the same thing around you. Seriously underwhelming fetch quests galore. I don't know, it was rather odd.
So....Runescape?

Anyone paying the beta?? I just signed up for it... looks gorgeous and sounds interesting...

If it was single player it would be good but in a eraseable world like doing lots of work for nothing.

I know someone who did some testing, said it was an incredibly vapid and boring world and game. I don't see much coming from this outside of kids playing it.

I know someone who did some testing, said it was an incredibly vapid and boring world and game. I don't see much coming from this outside of kids playing it.

MMO's are basically dead at this point as far as new games. Everything that comes out ends up centering around PvP and not stories. Not to mention, F2P, which IMO, has killed MMO's. I haven't seen a good story driven MMO in quite awhile. I think a few of us from my old LOTRO kin are going to try this out, just to try out a new MMO, but I don't have high hopes...

MMO's are basically dead at this point as far as new games. Everything that comes out ends up centering around PvP and not stories. Not to mention, F2P, which IMO, has killed MMO's. I haven't seen a good story driven MMO in quite awhile. I think a few of us from my old LOTRO kin are going to try this out, just to try out a new MMO, but I don't have high hopes...
There FFXIV for story but that's about it for that game. The rest is hot garbage.

Elder Scrolls Online - You get basically hundreds and hundreds of hours of John Cleese, Kate Beckinsale and others telling you a pretty good story.

I can think of a couple things that could potentially revive the genre, but the big one we won't see for a while. The big one of course being a vastly improved AI which of course we would more than likely see in single player games first.

The things I would want to see to make MMOs really interesting to me again I don't expect to see anytime in the near future. I finally started scratching the itch just by reading more fantasy books.

I can agree with you for most of MMOs today, but there is B&S or SoulWorker that have very good story and the second must be played with all characters for the full story. So I do not lose hope that we will get and few new MMOs with good story, if not New World then Crimson Desert or Ashes of Creation... :)

MMO's are basically dead at this point as far as new games. Everything that comes out ends up centering around PvP and not stories.

lol what? I haven't seen a big/decent MMORPG center around PvP in a long time. Almost every MMORPG today is a vapid theme-park with worthless instanced/battlegrounds PvP tacked on as an afterthought.

lol what? I haven't seen a big/decent MMORPG center around PvP in a long time. Almost every MMORPG today is a vapid theme-park with worthless instanced/battlegrounds PvP tacked on as an afterthought.
ESO again is a solid contender for some of the best pvp battles I've ever seen in an MMO. Hundreds of players at any one time duking it out. Siege battles galore. While they do have your typical pvp death match modes, the open world scale full on battle assaults with literally an endless time limit is near second to none.

Heard Albion Online is actually pretty decent these days if looking for a PVP game.

Back