New World

CrimsonKnight13

Lord Stabington of [H]ard|Fortress
Should hit 45 by the weekend if not more. (Just hit 42.5 last night) Am able to kill 49 and just barely level 50 mobs at that range. Elites i have no chance at all atm unless grouped up. lol
Am mainly playing a Lifestaff/Rapier build atm, (Both about lvl 15) but have Firestaff and musket at around level 12 also. Been seeing a lot of lower level healers but not as many at the higher levels. Guess some get tired of playing it after awhile. :unsure:
I'm almost to 32 (I think) as a Fire Staff/Ice Gauntlet build (though I'm still trying to figure what I like as a secondary weapon). I can actually put a dent into some 40s but I try to stay away from the skull mobs when I can.

SeymourGore

2[H]4U
Just hit 30, going to finish up some Brightwood quests then it's off to explore Weaver's Fen.

Yeah, this game has me hook, line, and sinker now - I even dusted off my Steam controller so I can gather resources while I'm exercising on my bike.

Reactions: Gabe3
like this

Gabe3

2[H]4U
Crafting, dungeons, pvp rewards, general enemy drops, trade market, quest rewards, faction item shop, world chests/crates.
Loot every where! Lol.

What level are you?
thanks, level 21. I did the first dungeon I think recently with a level 35 and we couldn't kill the last boss.

Just hit 30, going to finish up some Brightwood quests then it's off to explore Weaver's Fen.

Yeah, this game has me hook, line, and sinker now - I even dusted off my Steam controller so I can gather resources while I'm exercising on my bike.
haha

CrimsonKnight13

Definitely recommend a full 5 person. Last boss just needs a constant beat down. Aggro/ Kill adds if on boss or healer, but just beat the piss out of the boss lol
Yep! Went in with 4 others I know. Had a few near wipes, but we did it. I'm trying to get more effective with my fire staff as a powerhouse DPSer.

GamerKitty

n00b
I love the game but the only gripe I have that I believe to be a bug is the way mobs aggro from such long distances. Everything is fine until you pull one mob and then they seem to come from all corners (and from quite a distance away). Dodging would not be a problem but the archers / musket mobs seem to hit for such large damage each time often with a ticking dot that does even more damage. I'm not ashamed to say I have run often but death seems to be pretty common in the game (set up a camp as often as you can in questing areas)! Anyone else experiencing this - I like to play solo most of the time and do find if I run across someone else in the same area as me killing mobs we do much better so developers may have written the encounters to be a shared event.

CrimsonKnight13

I love the game but the only gripe I have that I believe to be a bug is the way mobs aggro from such long distances. Everything is fine until you pull one mob and then they seem to come from all corners (and from quite a distance away). Dodging would not be a problem but the archers / musket mobs seem to hit for such large damage each time often with a ticking dot that does even more damage. I'm not ashamed to say I have run often but death seems to be pretty common in the game (set up a camp as often as you can in questing areas)! Anyone else experiencing this - I like to play solo most of the time and do find if I run across someone else in the same area as me killing mobs we do much better so developers may have written the encounters to be a shared event.
I've had this issue multiple times & had to respawn every time. I truly hate the long distance homing aggro, which I hope is fixed soon.

Gabe3

2[H]4U
Hm, the mobs don't seem to ever catch me. the issue I have is mobs re spawning too quickly

criccio

Fully Equipped
Hm, the mobs don't seem to ever catch me. the issue I have is mobs re spawning too quickly
If you're under leveled, this is a problem I have. I can't move through an area quickly enough with enough time to recover before engaging the next enemy before the first one respawns or aggros you. My solution is to just come back when I've gained a level or two.

Eshelmen

Supreme [H]ardness
I also have a problem with the bow/musket/hunter guys. Hunters specifically have some serious range lol. I remember getting shot at from like 80 yards away, lol!

However, other than maybe a bear, most NPCs are easily able to be outrunned.

This game clearly wants us to fight as much as possible to progress.

I also want to point out that I kind of admire the general zone difficulty. It's rather unusual to at times struggle during normal questing. I enjoy that refreshed feeling of uncertainty.

But yes, aggro range is a wee bit too far.

Lastly, if you're dying often, it may be time to upgrade your gear and to tweek your gear/att specs.

Try using resource foods too.

CrimsonKnight13

Lastly, if you're dying often, it may be time to upgrade your gear and to tweek your gear/att specs.

Try using resource foods too.
I die when I get a ton of aggro or high level mobs. Generally I always use the food boosts & new gear when I find them from drops & the market.

GamerKitty

n00b
The Hortus Bears seemed super cool to me - especially when they rear up and start swiping - scary stuff!!

Hortus Bear Yikes.JPG

kamxam

[H]ard|Gawd
The more you outlevel an area the less agro range the mobs have i think. Saw people at the mobs level get agroed a lot, but i was about 10 levels over that so didn't get agroed much. They still will attack if you get too close though. :)

CrimsonKnight13

The more you outlevel an area the less agro range the mobs have i think. Saw people at the mobs level get agroed a lot, but i was about 10 levels over that so didn't get agroed much. They still will attack if you get too close though. :)
That makes a lot of sense. I'll have to visit the areas I was getting steamrolled in once I'm stronger.

Furious Nerd

2[H]4U
Not played NW but played lots of WoW. That's how aggro worked there. The lower your level compared to mobs, the farther away they aggro on you. If you were high level, mobs basically lost their sense of sight and sound to you and you could walk a foot away from their noses before they aggrod

If it is the same in NW and you are struggling. Maybe it means you are in the wrong zone/level for the zone right now and it's somewhere you just need to revisit when higher level, or use this as an excuse to group up with someone