New World Amazon Studios MMORPG

Never played this game before. I'm currently burned out of WoW, waiting for Dragonflight release.

Is NW worth getting into, and try out for a few months?

As techie said - I too did about 70ish hours and I stopped completely. The graphics are amazing for an MMO, the solo missions and dungeons were cool and so was the crafting.

But the quests were all over the place(literally).
Go grab a mission here, run all the way to another area, do the quest. Come all the way back, finish quest. Then next quest in the line is where you were beforehand. The game has a lot of potential but it tends to eat up your time running around to different areas when they could have compiled quest lines to fit the same area, not throw you in a massive circle to complete it. A to B to A to C to A to B, etc.. come on..

I'll pick it up again as I never did max level my toon, end game may be worth shooting for by now.

Side note -
I feel that so many people dropped this game over the course of the first two months that Amazon will probably abandon it within a year or two at most. Thoughts?

I may need to jump back into NW. I am not an MMORPG guy but ended up getting this game the day it came out. I thoroughly enjoyed it to the tune of almost 400 hours but I haven't played it since February. There have been several large updates since then. I still haven't done any of the end-game content/quests. Even what was there when the game first came out. I still have plenty to do.

For only $40 and no monthly subscription, it's worth checking out.

Also, there was recently yet another server merge so I have no idea what server I am even in, lol.

Side note -
I feel that so many people dropped this game over the course of the first two months that Amazon will probably abandon it within a year or two at most. Thoughts?

I don't know; Amazon doesn't appear to abandon things the same way that Google or EA does. They did lose a huge amount of players though.

I made it to the "Level 30 dropoff" where the lack of interesting activities and the grind becomes blatantly obvious and something like 90% of all players stopped playing.

I don't know; Amazon doesn't appear to abandon things the same way that Google or EA does. They did lose a huge amount of players though.

I made it to the "Level 30 dropoff" where the lack of interesting activities and the grind becomes blatantly obvious and something like 90% of all players stopped playing.
Amazon has killed every non-mobile AAA game they have developed so far except for this one. Lost Ark was only published by Amazon Games in the west, so that doesn't count. They had nothing to do with its development. So they have killed 6 out of the 7 games they have developed or tried to develop in the six years since they started this endeavor.

Amazon has killed every non-mobile AAA game they have developed so far except for this one. Lost Ark was only published by Amazon Games in the west, so that doesn't count. They had nothing to do with its development. So they have killed 6 out of the 7 games they have developed or tried to develop in the six years since they started this endeavor.
Were those games actually released though? The only ones I'm aware of were cancelled early before they were open to everyone.

Were those games actually released though? The only ones I'm aware of were cancelled early before they were open to everyone.
The Grand Tour Game had a retail release. Breakaway had several open alpha periods. Crucible was actually fully released before Amazon quickly pulled it back into closed beta after reception to the game.

Still haven't tried the game they have a LFG finder now not sure if that helps the reviews have me worried.
Plus you can't play with a controller "P

Still haven't tried the game they have a LFG finder now not sure if that helps the reviews have me worried.
Plus you can't play with a controller "P
It's not a fully fledged dungeon finder like in some games, just a chat tool, FYI.

With the latest patch, didn't they redo the starter zones and early questing?

I'm willing to give that new area a try if it's been revamped. Never played New World before.

With the latest patch, didn't they redo the starter zones and early questing?

I'm willing to give that new area a try if it's been revamped. Never played New World before.
Yes they did. However, brimstone sands is a new endgame zone, not the revamped starter zones :).

Yes they did. However, brimstone sands is a new endgame zone, not the revamped starter zones :).

Ok thanks, I just thought I read the starter zone or beginning questing has been revamped to be much better than it was at launch? Is that true, and if so is that now changed in the current live game?

Yeah I read they updated the starter zones. Updated the story, better early questing, less backtracking. On November 2 they're also releasing "Fresh Start Worlds" which starts everyone from scratch - can't transfer anything in. I haven't played in a while so will probably re-start on one of these once they're available and try the updates that way.

Is this worth giving a try now? Never played this yet.
I played at launch but burnt out at level 28.5. Probably shouldn't have played 30 hours in two days, :p. The game's leveling, to be fair, did suck.

As a pvper I also was unhappy with needing to be at level cap to have fair pvp balance and participate in outpost rush (instanced pvp). I don't forsee myself going back, since the game is mostly a gear grinder.

Ok thanks, I just thought I read the starter zone or beginning questing has been revamped to be much better than it was at launch? Is that true, and if so is that now changed in the current live game?
Yes, I think it's live now.

Finally picked this up I bought it at launch but refunded due to prelaunch woes everyone else was having.
Don't like Amazon though very corrupt company that ripped off my 13700K I just purchased.
Will get a refund though but I know my CPU was stolen.

20221104050943_1.jpg

I'm digging this lots of people running around newby zone. I think I stayed away from this game because of the report of 3090 RTX cards being bricked at launch. The running animations are really choppy though and I got stuck one time already.

Last edited:
Reactions: t1k
like this
131,000+ players online currently the new content and the 50% off sale must of brought them in.

20221109103029_1.jpg

Started a new Character with different hair and face not much to choose from going for a Shield Tank build.
Since everyone is asking for a Tank and Healer in Chat.

20221109112211_1.jpg

How Bazaar how Bazar how Bazzar.

20221109111512_1.jpg

Newb but not a Newb Town I just get a kick out General Chat in these games all forms of mixed emotions.

Last edited:
I'm done with the game the sword animations suck some stuff is ok I like the Sheild animation I think if you just Tank in Dungeons and do a 2H weapon for everything else. Those sword animations suck though.

I was until the skill tree got to me. The always run animation ruins immersion.

Last edited:
20221112091906_1.jpg

Someone said the Warhammer is better so I tried that like it alot but it's animation is clunky when surrounded by a bunch of enemies.
I think when I go do a ground Slam they will be stunned while around me but haven't tried it on anything.

20221112085913_1.jpg

Where everyone shows off their gear where I Picked up my Warhammer for 40 Gold.

Last edited:
Greetings, Adventurers!

The Winter Convergence Festival Update (New World Update 1.8) downtime will begin for all regions at 5:00AM PT (1:00AM UTC) on December 6. Expected downtime is 2 hours. This update marks the end of the Turkulon event, making room for Winter Convergence world events. Join in the quest to defeat the Winter Warrior, explore a fresh take on a familiar Expedition, and enjoy quality of life improvements to Trade Skills, Companies, and the Group Finder. Check out our full breakdown of the release notes for more information on all things Winter Convergence, or find an overview of some spotlight features below.

WINTER CONVERGENCE FESTIVAL

ge_C_Winterconvergence22_1920x1080_Final_CT-001151.jpg

Icy winds and glimmering Gleamites fill the air once again as Winter Convergence returns to Aeternum. Visit Winter villages in Everfall, Monarch’s Bluffs, Weaver’s Fen, and Brightwood to meet the Winter Wanderer and carry out his holiday quests. Players can also collect Winter Tokens to earn new, limited-time rewards including festive skins, emotes, housing items and more.

WINTER WARRIOR (WORLD BOSS)

or_B_WinterConvergence22_1920x1080_Final_CT-001151.jpg

The Winter Warrior and his legion of Frigid Folk are on a relentless mission to spread a Forever Winter across the land. Rally a party of 20+ players to defeat this brand-new world boss wreaking havoc throughout Great Cleave, Brightwood, Edengrove, Ebonscale Reach, and Brimstone Sands for new seasonal rewards.

Was wondering what the 6+ GB download was for not sure if they had this last year I don't AGS did.
Actually they did but the content was different.

I just uninstalled the game it's ok but some of Zones are muddy too much foliage character walks like don't quit your Bezos daybreak job.

Bought this game several months ago, loaded it up, created a character and within 5 minutes deleted the game. Reason being, the character control was a massive turnoff, it was not like WoW or other MMORPG's I played, it was that weird mouse movement turns your character or camera, it felt so jarring and wrong, I could not adapt to it whatsoever.

Bought this game several months ago, loaded it up, created a character and within 5 minutes deleted the game. Reason being, the character control was a massive turnoff, it was not like WoW or other MMORPG's I played, it was that weird mouse movement turns your character or camera, it felt so jarring and wrong, I could not adapt to it whatsoever.
That's standard for action based combat on mmorpgs nowadays. I prefer old school tab targeting with defensive and offensive targets. However, it's not a deal killer to me.

I really like the player movement in New World. However, as I have mentioned in previous posts, I was never really into MMORPGs so I have not played WoW or anything else that I can compare NW to. Oddly enough, I have almost 1,200 hours into NW and it is actually my first 1,000-hour game. I am looking forward to the Rise of the Angry Earth expansion.

Last edited:
Just curious, who all in this thread still plays regularly? My main (day 1) character is on the US West -El Dorado server. I have a second character on the US West - Isabella server that I use for achievement hunting.

Back