New World Amazon Studios MMORPG

Should hit 45 by the weekend if not more. (Just hit 42.5 last night) Am able to kill 49 and just barely level 50 mobs at that range. Elites i have no chance at all atm unless grouped up. lol
Am mainly playing a Lifestaff/Rapier build atm, (Both about lvl 15) but have Firestaff and musket at around level 12 also. Been seeing a lot of lower level healers but not as many at the higher levels. Guess some get tired of playing it after awhile. :unsure:
I'm almost to 32 (I think) as a Fire Staff/Ice Gauntlet build (though I'm still trying to figure what I like as a secondary weapon). I can actually put a dent into some 40s but I try to stay away from the skull mobs when I can.

Just hit 30, going to finish up some Brightwood quests then it's off to explore Weaver's Fen.

Yeah, this game has me hook, line, and sinker now - I even dusted off my Steam controller so I can gather resources while I'm exercising on my bike.

Reactions: Gabe3
like this
Crafting, dungeons, pvp rewards, general enemy drops, trade market, quest rewards, faction item shop, world chests/crates.
Loot every where! Lol.

What level are you?
thanks, level 21. I did the first dungeon I think recently with a level 35 and we couldn't kill the last boss.

Just hit 30, going to finish up some Brightwood quests then it's off to explore Weaver's Fen.

Yeah, this game has me hook, line, and sinker now - I even dusted off my Steam controller so I can gather resources while I'm exercising on my bike.
haha

thanks, level 21. I did the first dungeon I think recently with a level 35 and we couldn't kill the last boss.

haha
Amrine Excavation is tough. Takes a lot of kiting, healing & tanking for sure.

Definitely recommend a full 5 person. Last boss just needs a constant beat down. Aggro/ Kill adds if on boss or healer, but just beat the piss out of the boss lol
Yep! Went in with 4 others I know. Had a few near wipes, but we did it. I'm trying to get more effective with my fire staff as a powerhouse DPSer.

I love the game but the only gripe I have that I believe to be a bug is the way mobs aggro from such long distances. Everything is fine until you pull one mob and then they seem to come from all corners (and from quite a distance away). Dodging would not be a problem but the archers / musket mobs seem to hit for such large damage each time often with a ticking dot that does even more damage. I'm not ashamed to say I have run often but death seems to be pretty common in the game (set up a camp as often as you can in questing areas)! Anyone else experiencing this - I like to play solo most of the time and do find if I run across someone else in the same area as me killing mobs we do much better so developers may have written the encounters to be a shared event.

I love the game but the only gripe I have that I believe to be a bug is the way mobs aggro from such long distances. Everything is fine until you pull one mob and then they seem to come from all corners (and from quite a distance away). Dodging would not be a problem but the archers / musket mobs seem to hit for such large damage each time often with a ticking dot that does even more damage. I'm not ashamed to say I have run often but death seems to be pretty common in the game (set up a camp as often as you can in questing areas)! Anyone else experiencing this - I like to play solo most of the time and do find if I run across someone else in the same area as me killing mobs we do much better so developers may have written the encounters to be a shared event.
I've had this issue multiple times & had to respawn every time. I truly hate the long distance homing aggro, which I hope is fixed soon.

Hm, the mobs don't seem to ever catch me. the issue I have is mobs re spawning too quickly

Hm, the mobs don't seem to ever catch me. the issue I have is mobs re spawning too quickly
If you're under leveled, this is a problem I have. I can't move through an area quickly enough with enough time to recover before engaging the next enemy before the first one respawns or aggros you. My solution is to just come back when I've gained a level or two.

I also have a problem with the bow/musket/hunter guys. Hunters specifically have some serious range lol. I remember getting shot at from like 80 yards away, lol!

However, other than maybe a bear, most NPCs are easily able to be outrunned.

This game clearly wants us to fight as much as possible to progress.

I also want to point out that I kind of admire the general zone difficulty. It's rather unusual to at times struggle during normal questing. I enjoy that refreshed feeling of uncertainty.

But yes, aggro range is a wee bit too far.

Lastly, if you're dying often, it may be time to upgrade your gear and to tweek your gear/att specs.

Try using resource foods too.

Lastly, if you're dying often, it may be time to upgrade your gear and to tweek your gear/att specs.

Try using resource foods too.
I die when I get a ton of aggro or high level mobs. Generally I always use the food boosts & new gear when I find them from drops & the market.

The Hortus Bears seemed super cool to me - especially when they rear up and start swiping - scary stuff!!

Hortus Bear Yikes.JPG

The more you outlevel an area the less agro range the mobs have i think. Saw people at the mobs level get agroed a lot, but i was about 10 levels over that so didn't get agroed much. They still will attack if you get too close though. :)

The more you outlevel an area the less agro range the mobs have i think. Saw people at the mobs level get agroed a lot, but i was about 10 levels over that so didn't get agroed much. They still will attack if you get too close though. :)
That makes a lot of sense. I'll have to visit the areas I was getting steamrolled in once I'm stronger.

Not played NW but played lots of WoW. That's how aggro worked there. The lower your level compared to mobs, the farther away they aggro on you. If you were high level, mobs basically lost their sense of sight and sound to you and you could walk a foot away from their noses before they aggrod

If it is the same in NW and you are struggling. Maybe it means you are in the wrong zone/level for the zone right now and it's somewhere you just need to revisit when higher level, or use this as an excuse to group up with someone

Anyone else have an issue where the engine is slow to load in the high quality LODs? It's pretty common for me that some random object/creature will take forever to switch from a blurry mess to the real texture. I'm on one of the fastest NVME drives out there so it's not like the storage is holding it back.

Anyone else have an issue where the engine is slow to load in the high quality LODs? It's pretty common for me that some random object/creature will take forever to switch from a blurry mess to the real texture. I'm on one of the fastest NVME drives out there so it's not like the storage is holding it back.
Are you playing in Windowed mode or full screen?

Are you playing in Windowed mode or full screen?
Seems to go to border mode immediately once in the inventory or game UI though.

OT-
I have occasional pop ins even at 50 to 1ppm distances. But it's not that bad. I'm on a normal SSD, so it may just be the area he's in.

I was experiencing this last night, and never noticed the issue before or at least as severe to be noticeable. I was also experiencing lag during combat and noticed the 'US East' connection was showing two bars instead of the full green that I usually get when I first connect. So, I wonder if this issue is related to network lag. I also have the 'dynamic resolution' setting enabled, I didn't bother to try disabling that to see if it mattered.

I was experiencing this last night, and never noticed the issue before or at least as severe to be noticeable. I was also experiencing lag during combat and noticed the 'US East' connection was showing two bars instead of the full green that I usually get when I first connect. So, I wonder if this issue is related to network lag. I also have the 'dynamic resolution' setting enabled, I didn't bother to try disabling that to see if it mattered.
I'm playing with Dynamic Resolution disabled and max settings at 3440x1440. I noticed it every now and then over the past couple of weeks but it was rare enough to not worry about. Last night it was like one random thing on screen would have the LOD texture when it was in my face. 3 seconds later or so it would switch to the real texture. Sometimes a creature would look good and upon moving the camera off screen and back on it would be the LOD texture for a few seconds again.

Pretty good discussion about the stuff that New World gets right and has some good critiques on what's not great.

Level 32 and 50 hours in. Pretty tired of it at this time. Some of my friends are still enjoying it but I think I'm pretty well done.

Seems like consensus is too much repetition, nothing to do past level 30, and the player-run economy is a disaster with how companies are running servers with mafia-style tactics. How do people here feel about it a month after release?

Seems like consensus is too much repetition, nothing to do past level 30, and the player-run economy is a disaster with how companies are running servers with mafia-style tactics. How do people here feel about it a month after release?
I've got about 60 hours in, level 40. I haven't touched any of the PvP stuff, and only 1 dungeon so far.

It's alright *shrug*. I do find myself dropping off completely after ~1 hour of playtime a day. It's just a lot of doing the same things; chop trees, loot x chests, kill x monsters, rinse repeat. If the combat were any less engaging, I would have dropped this completely.

For now, I just log in and complete a couple of quests here or there. I'm sure people get more from the game if they PvP, I'm just not one of them.

I've got about 60 hours in, level 40. I haven't touched any of the PvP stuff, and only 1 dungeon so far.

It's alright *shrug*. I do find myself dropping off completely after ~1 hour of playtime a day. It's just a lot of doing the same things; chop trees, loot x chests, kill x monsters, rinse repeat. If the combat were any less engaging, I would have dropped this completely.

For now, I just log in and complete a couple of quests here or there. I'm sure people get more from the game if they PvP, I'm just not one of them.
I'm in the same boat but about 10 hours behind you and Level 30. I'm trying not to burn myself out on it so I'm playing sparingly. I did the first dungeon (Amarine?) with randoms who just breezed through it the last time I played and that was fun.. for a no coms run with randoms at least.

I'm still enjoying the combat and scenery so I think i'll keep going for now. I don't really have much of an interest in the PvP or the major land disputes that seem to what all the streamers care about, i'm basically playing it like a single player open world RPG.

I haven't played in almost 2 weeks, when I saw how lopsided the endgame PvP was and how it was screwing the faction I joined over.

Should hit 50 this weekend, but just like others i only play sparingly. when i get bored i play for fun for a few hours then i go to another game.

I mean I guess it depends on what you like doing in a game - the big thing I like about it is I can switch what I am doing daily. Today it's chest looting for patters / tomorrow it's leveling my crafting / the day after running some instances + farming mobs for loot. I'm currently level 60 and still find a ton of things to do (also I enjoy crafting furniture and pimping out my house). I get why it might not be everyone - it's going to be either you really love it or you really hate it and not much in-between (side note it surprises me the number of people that log in daily to complain all day in general - they may be trolling but not sure). Also we have a preacher player on Olympus that goes 24/7 preaching in town - sometimes live and sometimes recordings playing - names Steven lol.

Yeah, I'm still enjoying it - not playing with the same fervor as I did early on but that's more to do with life than the game's fault.

I do agree that it is feeling repetitive, doubly so if you go from one similar feeling zone to another (ie: Brightwatch to Weaver's Fen). I still feel that this game has a strong foundation to grow from.

I mean I guess it depends on what you like doing in a game - the big thing I like about it is I can switch what I am doing daily. Today it's chest looting for patters / tomorrow it's leveling my crafting / the day after running some instances + farming mobs for loot. I'm currently level 60 and still find a ton of things to do (also I enjoy crafting furniture and pimping out my house). I get why it might not be everyone - it's going to be either you really love it or you really hate it and not much in-between (side note it surprises me the number of people that log in daily to complain all day in general - they may be trolling but not sure). Also we have a preacher player on Olympus that goes 24/7 preaching in town - sometimes live and sometimes recordings playing - names Steven lol.
This exactly. I literally change up each time I play what I'll be doing. I've put about 80 hours in and just hit level 40. I've NEVER put 80 consistent hours into a game before. I've put hundreds of hours into a game over a long period of time but never 80 consistent hours.

This exactly. I literally change up each time I play what I'll be doing. I've put about 80 hours in and just hit level 40. I've NEVER put 80 consistent hours into a game before. I've put hundreds of hours into a game over a long period of time but never 80 consistent hours.

I'm about the same amount of hours in and around the same level.

We clearly haven't been doing nothing, building up crafting levels takes some serious time! Lol

I often wonder how many level 60s have truly completed anything else beyond hitting the level cap. I'm more than certain a lot of them grinded level XP as the priority and now have to back track their crafting progress.

I stand by my original prediction, give it another month and the game will be dead.

Back