New World Amazon Studios MMORPG

Looks like a modernized, monetized to the hilt, incredibly vanilla multiplayer Fable. I'd rather not.

I disagree. It isn't "partly the games fault" If your graphics card can't handle running at 100% it means your hardware is unstable. Run a GPU benchmark and your PC will have the same problem.
Yes they can "fix" it by capping the framerate, but it isn't the games fault.

It isn't just games that have uncapped menu framerates. People complained about it with Ghost Recon Wildlands and many other games. You get to a certain part of the game where it's power spiking the GPU that is already under extreme load, and it crashes the entire PC.
Who says their cards were running 100%, afterburner and probably other tweaking software can change certain power managemant options to 110% and stuff which then the card might not be able to handle anymore in this specific case, It would not surprise me if some/most of those cards had some kind of overclock on them by the user.

Who says their cards were running 100%, afterburner and probably other tweaking software can change certain power managemant options to 110% and stuff which then the card might not be able to handle anymore in this specific case, It would not surprise me if some/most of those cards had some kind of overclock on them by the user.

Yep, could also be OCs from the manufacturer that weren't tested well enough. It really isn't surprising considering the launch issues they already had to fix. NVIDIA didn't give the third parties much time before the launch.

Nobody is going to want to play or buy this game if your GPU starts on fire even it's a Beta Test for your card. Steam Forums I bet are on fire right now. Just checked out the Steam forums it's pretty mellow actually
Beta is on until Aug. 2nd.

Last edited:
Reactions: Gabe3
like this
I wouldn't play it on any card right now till they figure out what happened and patch it, too risky. not sure what the wait time is to RMA a current card but I don't want to find out.

This was causing my water cooled 3090 to get really warm in the closed alpha when I played. So, if you ask me this has been an ongoing issue now for awhile.

Last edited:
It’s certainly better than when I played an early early alpha, but is has now felt too much like a mishmash of Defiance and ESO with a Colonial twist. Not necessarily bad but optimization/performance is really poor.

It’s certainly better than when I played an early early alpha, but is has now felt too much like a mishmash of Defiance and ESO with a Colonial twist. Not necessarily bad but optimization/performance is really poor.
Performance for me is good until I hit town.

I'm almost level 15 and I'm really digging the game so far. I've been thinking about stopping though since the full release is in almost a month.

EVGA confirms it's replacing all its RTX 3090s killed by Amazon's New World MMO

EVGA has confirmed to us that every one of its GeForce RTX 3090 cards that have been killed by issues with the New World MMO closed beta will be replaced by the company: "Yes, all failed 3090’s are being replaced," a spokesman for the company has said

when it comes to RMA-ing the card with EVGA's support system, there is reportedly also now a specific 'New World' category when it comes to giving the reason for the return of the faulty graphics card...

https://www.pcgamer.com/evga-confirms-new-world-rtx-3090-rmas/

EVGA confirms it's replacing all its RTX 3090s killed by Amazon's New World MMO

EVGA has confirmed to us that every one of its GeForce RTX 3090 cards that have been killed by issues with the New World MMO closed beta will be replaced by the company: "Yes, all failed 3090’s are being replaced," a spokesman for the company has said

when it comes to RMA-ing the card with EVGA's support system, there is reportedly also now a specific 'New World' category when it comes to giving the reason for the return of the faulty graphics card...

https://www.pcgamer.com/evga-confirms-new-world-rtx-3090-rmas/
LOL!!!! Reason for RMA: New World :ROFLMAO:

In regards to New World "killing" cards: it may not be great programming if they let unlimited FPS be pushed, but drivers/graphic cards should have fail safes.. like in the autobahn, if your car breaks down after passing 150MPH, is it really the autobahn's fault for not limiting the speed limit low enough? Or should your car be tip top and have fail safes? You won't be suing the german govt for your car engine breaking for going past a certain speed, right? (interestingly, my car is a manual transmission and even that has a failsafe where it won't let me even get to redline in neutral, if I floor the gas pedal.. maxes it out at 3k rpm [5k is redline])

At least EVGA is stepping up and highlighting this specific RMA cause instead of leaving customers wondering if they'd be covered.

I haven't kept up with the GPU demand recently, but I wonder how long it would take to get a replacement 3090 from them ATM.. quick, or 8 months due to shortage of 3090s?

----

As far as the game itself: haven't played, but not a fan of the setting and art style personally speaking =/ hard pass from me. But that's exactly why I haven't played the likes of Skyrim. Futuristic/out of this world settings for me all the way when it comes to video games, thank you!

Also to call to transition this game from Alpha to "beta", 6 weeks before official launch, is a joke. Developers really need to go back and learn what Alpha and Betas represent. They're just doing this as a stress-test for the network and to generate hype/free publicity from streamers - not with any intention of changing anything based on feedback (really, how can a game truly go from 'beta' to 'final' in 6 weeks unless it's a simple 2D 1 level platformer from a high school student.. not a full blown flipping MMO

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Gabe3
like this
As far as the game itself: haven't played, but not a fan of the setting and art style personally speaking =/ hard pass from me.
Oh come on - have you seen the stupid big hammers people can use?

lol.png

I guess Amazon is trying to cater to anime fans too. This shit just looks dumb.

I haven't kept up with the GPU demand recently, but I wonder how long it would take to get a replacement 3090 from them ATM.. quick, or 8 months due to shortage of 3090s?
According to j2c it should be pretty fast as they have some stock for RMA's, might depend on the amount of dead cards though.

My last MMO being Kotor; I'll give this a shot a few months after release. There's no chance I'm playing the 'queue-time' minigame

9 hours in and I'm enjoying the game. It's ran perfectly smooth for me at 1440P max settings.

Still loving it. I am So damn distracted by harvesting/crafting to handle a lot of the other parts of the game though, which is awesome.

9 hours in and I'm enjoying the game. It's ran perfectly smooth for me at 1440P max settings.
Even in town? Mine doesn't run too good in town, even sometimes out of town. Turns out my CPU is at 100%. Same in Warzone, too. Not sure what's causing it, currently.

Even in town I average 100 FPS, no lag. My CPU stays in the 40%ish range.
Ouch, yeah something definitely wrong on my end.

Edit - Fixed a few things. Getting 100 fps out of town now and 56-75ish in town. CPU jumps to 100 in town and around 70 out of town.

Last edited:
I didn't install because of the 3090 bricking, I happen to have the exact card mentioned (EVGA 3090) - figured I'd wait until launch when they have it ironed out.

Right now I JUST got back into FFXIV (like a bunch of people that migrated over from WoW) - how does it fare against FFXIV (from those of you who have played both)? Just curious. With Endwalker pretty close as well as launch for New World, I'll be torn on where I spend the majority of my time.

I didn't install because of the 3090 bricking, I happen to have the exact card mentioned (EVGA 3090) - figured I'd wait until launch when they have it ironed out.

Right now I JUST got back into FFXIV (like a bunch of people that migrated over from WoW) - how does it fare against FFXIV (from those of you who have played both)? Just curious. With Endwalker pretty close as well as launch for New World, I'll be torn on where I spend the majority of my time.
its multiple models and brands. lock you frame rate to twice your monitors, youll be fine.

cool story bro.

Played a few hours today, and i'll wait until launch at this point. Assuming they aren't doing the Age of Conan trick where only the starting region was good, and the rest of the game is a pile of crap, this is going to be a great game.

Played a few hours today, and i'll wait until launch at this point. Assuming they aren't doing the Age of Conan trick where only the starting region was good, and the rest of the game is a pile of crap, this is going to be a great game.

Age of Conan 1-20 was so good and then it just fell through the floor. Was such a shame. I had hours of fun as a necromancer in that range back then fucking with people in a subterranean crypt/dig site thing by standing at the top and sending my minions down at people.

So the chances of Amazon finally releasing a game to retail are actually good this time around?

I hope this MMO turns out good. WIth the way WoW is going, I'm not sure when I'll go back so having a new MMO to try would be nice. I tried the Final Fantasy MMO, didn't really vibe with it.

I played a bit over the weekend. Made it up to level 15 or so and it's been an ok experience. The first zone is pretty cool to explore and the graphics are good for an MMO. It does need some more time to bake though. My 2080ti hasn't died yet but the game crashes a lot when playing at high settings. Not a CTD either; a full on PC reboot even though my CPU and GPU never go above 60C. Once it reboots it crashes upon launch until I reset the settings to low.

I played a bit over the weekend. Made it up to level 15 or so and it's been an ok experience. The first zone is pretty cool to explore and the graphics are good for an MMO. It does need some more time to bake though. My 2080ti hasn't died yet but the game crashes a lot when playing at high settings. Not a CTD either; a full on PC reboot even though my CPU and GPU never go above 60C. Once it reboots it crashes upon launch until I reset the settings to low.

Maybe reinstall the game or check for overall system stability? I'm on a similar setup and have had no such crashes in 30 hours of game play.

Had one hard lock bluescreen (which I don't think i've seen in years) in the middle of killing that damn bear in the cave. I stood around for what felt like 15 minutes with some other waiting for it to respawn, we all ran to start smacking it aaaand bluescreen. Luckily I just logged back in still in the cave.

Either way, managed level 22, really enjoying exploring the world. Not super thrilled about how hard they're pushing PvP as I've less than zero interest in any of that.

Combat is a little clunky as there is nothing I despise more than being stuck in an animation and getting hit/staggered when I could have blocked it.

Back