New windows update problems...

RicKuRuKuS

[H]ard|Gawd
So today Windows updated and I just let it go througg... GeForce 1050ti here with no probs and after about an hour of update g and restarting it is up with these bogus off colors and I can barely read things on the screen... No clue where to start but updating drivers as we speak

Thanks for any tips! Maybe I will research how to roll back the settings

Quick update, just rolled the update back, no problems now with picture... guess I'll wait for the next one to get fixed up!

Yeah, Windows (7 in my case) notified me yesterday that there was 1 important update available, which was titled "NVIDIA Display driver update released in October 2017". I generally don't bother updating my GPU drivers unless absolutely necessary and have zero inclination to do so just because MS have decided that there's an update available, so I just hid that particular update so I don't get nagged every time I boot my PC.

Yeah, Windows (7 in my case) notified me yesterday that there was 1 important update available, which was titled "NVIDIA Display driver update released in October 2017". I generally don't bother updating my GPU drivers unless absolutely necessary and have zero inclination to do so just because MS have decided that there's an update available, so I just hid that particular update so I don't get nagged every time I boot my PC.
You better off grabing the latest once in a while from Nvidia directly.

Indeed. I rarely bother though, because my GPU isn't very new so driver updates tend not to give me much benefit :)

Back