New windows install, where is my 5700xt?

So I am trying to install the latest drivers without AMD's extra adrenaline software. I have a clean install of windows 10, when I access device manager all that is listed is microsoft integrated graphics. It is a 3700x and a 5700xt in the system. How can I get windows to see the 5700xt so I cam just install drivers?

AFAIK, Adrenaline is the driver. It's not "extra".

I think Microsoft may come with some super basic driver just so you get video, but you can't really do anything with it aside from open your browser and download the real driver.

Note: Sometimes Windows may auto install a graphics driver. This is basically an older version of the same driver you install online but it's pretty crap and can be months old, you don't want it.

Nevermind, the drivers only thing seemed to work for a while, but then the same crashes came in youtube and games. Any time I install any AMD software the pc shits itself, excuse my language.

Oh cool. Didn't realize that was possible. You learn something new every day.

So it's probably not Adrenaline that is causing the problem (it's just an interface UI and some tools). The drivers are the same.

Oh cool. Didn't realize that was possible. You learn something new every day.

So it's probably not Adrenaline that is causing the problem (it's just an interface UI and some tools). The drivers are the same.
I have come to realize through stress tests of all hardware for stability, through combinations of windows updates and amd drivers, that it is simply this: Windows updates are bad or AMD drivers are bad or both are bad but one is weaker than the other. I am happy with my AMD hardware but pissed about its stability via software. Why, because it's not real stable compared to the competition across the board, it's just not. AMD is beating brand new intel chips in terms of value and overall performance(not gaming) and yet they are pushing a new chip series out and their software is not mature. Ive been a builder for almost 20 years, my first system was amd and an ati 9800 pro. I am not loyal to companies, there has been no reason to buy AMD for over a decade. I have never had the intermittent issues with intel/nvidia that I have had with these two Ryzen/5700xt builds. And that is the key right there "intermittent" I keep having to uninstall/reinstall updates/drivers and mismatch them just so I can watch a damned youtube video without a restart. I have brief periods of awesome performance, but my experience is real and I think it needs to be said.

Aftermarket or reference card? I might be looking for another one if you decide to cut bait with it (maybe even the 3700x too).

Sorry to hear you're having issues. I've had the opposite experience. My Intel system fights with anything other than complete stock settings and my Navi cards haven't crashed on me once in 10 months of ownership <shrug>.

Had fits on Polaris, Navi has been stable so far. Kirbyrj bought my last Polaris card :p

What's yours crashing on? Motherboard?

what driver set are you trying to use? i had the same issue but only with the Feb releases. everything since has been fine.

said he was trying to use the latest version. i assume 20.4.2. should just be able to install just the driver leaving out all of the other junk. overlays,maybe,causing problems

said he was trying to use the latest version. i assume 20.4.2. should just be able to install just the driver leaving out all of the other junk. overlays,maybe,causing problems
just trying to clarify as these issues were sorted out already, for most anyway..

So I want to potentially eat some crow here. One thing I forgot to mention, kind of forgot it myself, was that I am using a riser cable. Now the cable I got is supposedly PCIE gen 4 ready, likely bullshit. When I updated bios a week ago I forgot to set the PCIE to gen 3 in the bios. Today I reset it and am sitting at about 3 hours with no crashing. Still afraid to play a youtube video in case I am wrong and collapse in a heap. I will check back in a week to confirm if this was all due to me forgetting I had a riser cable. If so, I apologize in advance for my rant.

So I want to potentially eat some crow here. One thing I forgot to mention, kind of forgot it myself, was that I am using a riser cable. Now the cable I got is supposedly PCIE gen 4 ready, likely bullshit. When I updated bios a week ago I forgot to set the PCIE to gen 3 in the bios. Today I reset it and am sitting at about 3 hours with no crashing. Still afraid to play a youtube video in case I am wrong and collapse in a heap. I will check back in a week to confirm if this was all due to me forgetting I had a riser cable. If so, I apologize in advance for my rant.

Hopefully that's the ticket. I've heard that about the riser cables and "Gen 4" compatibility.

This may be a dumb question but do I need to just set pcie 16 to gen 3 or do I set everything to gen 3?

I do have TB nvme but it is a gen 3.

I don't think it would make a difference then if you put it at gen 3 across the board or just the x16 slot. I'm sure some testing would reveal if it is an issue or not based on your experience.

5 day update: Set pciex16 to gen 3 and pciex8 to gen 3. 5 days of no crashes, no artifacts and flawless youtube playbacks. Updated to the just released Adrenaline suite and was able to use the overlay in DIRT 4 with no crashes during a two hour session. So all seems well. So beware riser cables that claim to be gen 4 ready. When I bought mine in January it was the only option I could find, there may be more out now.

FWIW, AMD AND NVIDIA are trying to deliver 'drivers as a service' models to shove shit down our throats. Bloated Adrenaline with ads and 'must log in to use' Geforce Experience are just their grab at accumulating user data to sell to marketers and monetize.

Buuuuuuuuuuuuuut there are enough incompetent computer users out there that need services like this to tell them what settings to use, and when to update their graphics card when it doesn't deliver what the service deems a sufficient gameplay experience.

for example, Adrenaline tells me that averaging 60 fps is insuficient for 4k gaming, as it should be running at 144fps, So I need to upgrade my 5700xt on that box or change settings to shit.

I been enjoying my RX 5700 on any driver I throw at it as I have two different RX 5700 systems with one being flashed ,, but I always start with factory reset and this is my x370 chipset board with Ryzen 3600 .. I am learning this game lol ..

Back