New windows install, where is my 5700xt?

Smoked Brisket

Limp Gawd
So I am trying to install the latest drivers without AMD's extra adrenaline software. I have a clean install of windows 10, when I access device manager all that is listed is microsoft integrated graphics. It is a 3700x and a 5700xt in the system. How can I get windows to see the 5700xt so I cam just install drivers?

cybereality

Supreme [H]ardness
AFAIK, Adrenaline is the driver. It's not "extra".

I think Microsoft may come with some super basic driver just so you get video, but you can't really do anything with it aside from open your browser and download the real driver.

Note: Sometimes Windows may auto install a graphics driver. This is basically an older version of the same driver you install online but it's pretty crap and can be months old, you don't want it.

Smoked Brisket

Limp Gawd
Nevermind, the drivers only thing seemed to work for a while, but then the same crashes came in youtube and games. Any time I install any AMD software the pc shits itself, excuse my language.

cybereality

Supreme [H]ardness
Oh cool. Didn't realize that was possible. You learn something new every day.

So it's probably not Adrenaline that is causing the problem (it's just an interface UI and some tools). The drivers are the same.

Smoked Brisket

Limp Gawd
Oh cool. Didn't realize that was possible. You learn something new every day.

So it's probably not Adrenaline that is causing the problem (it's just an interface UI and some tools). The drivers are the same.
I have come to realize through stress tests of all hardware for stability, through combinations of windows updates and amd drivers, that it is simply this: Windows updates are bad or AMD drivers are bad or both are bad but one is weaker than the other. I am happy with my AMD hardware but pissed about its stability via software. Why, because it's not real stable compared to the competition across the board, it's just not. AMD is beating brand new intel chips in terms of value and overall performance(not gaming) and yet they are pushing a new chip series out and their software is not mature. Ive been a builder for almost 20 years, my first system was amd and an ati 9800 pro. I am not loyal to companies, there has been no reason to buy AMD for over a decade. I have never had the intermittent issues with intel/nvidia that I have had with these two Ryzen/5700xt builds. And that is the key right there "intermittent" I keep having to uninstall/reinstall updates/drivers and mismatch them just so I can watch a damned youtube video without a restart. I have brief periods of awesome performance, but my experience is real and I think it needs to be said.

kirbyrj

Fully [H]
Aftermarket or reference card? I might be looking for another one if you decide to cut bait with it (maybe even the 3700x too).

Sorry to hear you're having issues. I've had the opposite experience. My Intel system fights with anything other than complete stock settings and my Navi cards haven't crashed on me once in 10 months of ownership <shrug>.

lopoetve

Imhotep
Had fits on Polaris, Navi has been stable so far. Kirbyrj bought my last Polaris card :p

What's yours crashing on? Motherboard?

pendragon1

Fully [H]
what driver set are you trying to use? i had the same issue but only with the Feb releases. everything since has been fine.

DrDoU

2[H]4U
said he was trying to use the latest version. i assume 20.4.2. should just be able to install just the driver leaving out all of the other junk. overlays,maybe,causing problems

pendragon1

Fully [H]
said he was trying to use the latest version. i assume 20.4.2. should just be able to install just the driver leaving out all of the other junk. overlays,maybe,causing problems
just trying to clarify as these issues were sorted out already, for most anyway..