New Wii Poll (have you got one yet)

What about Wii?

• Have one already

Votes: 92 58.2%
  • Can't find one

Votes: 35 22.2%
  • Can't afford one...yet

Votes: 7 4.4%
  • Waiting Till Price Drop or more games.

Votes: 9 5.7%
  • Not Buying One Peried.

Votes: 7 4.4%
  • Not Decided, might buy one, might not.

Votes: 8 5.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

sculelos

Supreme [H]ardness
Well the thread title explains it all, I'm trying to see what peoples opionions are about the wii, if they have one, saving for one ect, anyways please vote or comment thanks.

I am going to wait until there is about 5 games that would be worth buying for this, before purchasing one...personally I do not think it is worth it just for Zelda.

Got my system on 12:01am on Nov. 19th, which happens to be my B-day too!

Right now I have a total of 10 games.

still trying to get my hands on one...

i have call of duty3 and an extra wii remote waiting for it..

I was able to play call fo duty and wii sports whe na friend brought his wii over to my apartment..

it was a lot of fun.. but i only got about an hour of total play time in.. just enough to sample wii sports and call of duty 3..it made me want to get oen bad...

but it looks like there wouldn't be anymore till after the new year...

Stood in line at best buy for 4 hours to get one yesterday. Didn't get it. :(

Can't seem to find one. Admittedly I haven't tried THAT hard, but I would like one.
Since there aren't any A+ games yet (other than Zelda, which is also on the GC), it's not urgent.

Waiting for more games and opera browser. :)

Cheaper WiiMote prices would be nice to. ;)

I'll probably get one later next year. Wii + SMG for under $200 would be nice.

I feel like I have done polls just like or very similiar to this one about 20 times already on these forums:p
I could buy one but I usually am one of the very late adopters of systems. I probably won't get one till middle next year and that is only if the hype stays with it.

Cheers

Stereophile said:

what's SMG?

and i'm 100% sure the wii will not drop to $200 till 2008 at least...

Had one and sold it 5 days after I purchased it. Just wasn't for me. It was cool, but I think the thing and it's amazing motion sensing were a wii bit over hyped.

I got one a day after the launch. Got lucky, walked in a Gamestop and bought the last one

I got one at launch and I LOVE it, and I cannot wait for the big titles such as metroid prime 3, wario ware, and super mario galaxy next year

Got one at launch and have been enjoying it a lot. I just wish that I could find a damn classic controller...

Stereophile said:

Why would Sarah Michelle Gellar give a Wii and *herself* to you for $200? I'm pretty sure she can charge way more than that these days :)

I snagged my Wii at a local Wal-Mart at midnight on launch day. I "only" had to wait 7 hours for it, so it's not too bad of a deal considering that there are still people camping out for 12+ hours for them now. :)

I waited about 6 hours for my Wii's on sunday. I got to Best Buy at about 12:30, my friends showed up at about 1. We were #s 4-5-6 in line. So one Wii to keep for a gift, the other two were sold on Ebay which covered the cost of the gift (hooray). I also got a nunchuck, but they didn't have any wiimotes.

Luckily chatting up the Gamestop manager, and off hand asked if he expected any more wiimotes before Christmas. I was really trying to get information on shipments as I didn't expect them to have any. Lo and behold he had one Wiimote in the back room, so I snatched it up. Now my gift for my sister is complete! Wii + Zelda + Extra Wiimote-Nunchuk = Awesome gift.

Does anyone know status on nunchuks? I cannot find one for the life of me. It's starting to get frustrating.

Rocketpig said:
Does anyone know status on nunchuks? I cannot find one for the life of me. It's starting to get frustrating.

Heh, when I went they had like 20 nunchuks and 0 wiimotes. I guess it is pretty hit or miss on the accessories. Kind of sucks for Nintendo too because accessories are where the money is at in the console business.

Rocketpig said:

I walked past an ebgames in the mall like mid last week and they had some hanging. I bought one to use with my second wiimote. Just got lucky.

I've had the wii since launch . Great system so far.

Now if I could only find some classic controllers........

preordered mine in sept..

got mine at the midnight opening of my local gamestation (i'm a brit).. was worried about nunchucks etc selling out.. seems i was right.. :)

Managed to get mine at the Walmart midnight release. Waited 6 hours for it, but it was well worth it. Met some old friends I didn't expect to be there too, which was nice.

I am going to wait untill Janurary, I tried to buy one at launch, but was too late when I arrived, so now I spent my allowed budget for the month, so I will buy one next month... if I can find one.

I'm super hyped for Smash Brothers Brawl, going to pick up Zelda: Twilight Princess as well, that combined with wii sports should last me for awhile, hopefully till Mario Galaxy, Smash Brothers or Metroid Prime 3 hit.

Rocketpig said:
Why not use GC controllers? They work on every VC game so far.

I heard the gamecube controllers are good for analog stick games, but the classic is better for all the other games that use the dpad.

sculelos said:
I heard the gamecube controllers are good for analog stick games, but the classic is better for all the other games that use the dpad.

Ah, that makes sense. The GC D-pad is pretty small.

I had been waiting to get "hooked-up" by a relative who works for a major retailer. I missed my chance on the 6th because of a customer finding out about the 1 remaining Wii and complaining to her manager friend :mad: . I got hooked up yesterday and with a discount to boot, so I got the system and a 2 year replacement plan for $257.79. Also nice is that I got the extra controller and nunchuk as well as component cables earlier this month so I'm good to go! It was worth the wait! :D

I had to work on all of the major release dates so I had no opportunity to obtain one through the hardship of waiting in line overnight but I'm happy now (and warmer then some others). It's great to have a relative in retail :p .

I've been looking for a Wii nunchuk all over and cannot find one. My friend has a wii and an extra remote but no 2nd nunchuk. I've been to Walmart, Target, TRU, CC, Gamestop, Frys... not soley for that purpose but when I went there, I checked.

I've seen a bunch of Wiimotes though.

I wandered into an EB on Sunday, just to look around, and they actually had two remotes hanging on the wall. ATM, I don't need any, so I didn't snag one, but I was surprised all the same.

I didn't see any nunchucks or classic controllers, though. I'm sure it'll be a while until they're easy to get.

Back