New Westinghouse 22" (LCM-@@W2)??

Just got mine today and am VERY pleased with it. My batteries for my camera died so no pics as of now.

Also, I have no buzzing sound (brightness is set to 80).

mines still goin good. still waiting to get a 360 to use on it. hooked my buddies up and it looked great.

meanwhile n64 games have never looked better :)

100_0711.jpg

100_0704.jpg

haha i love n64 and nes and snes and...ok ill go post this in a nintendo forum lol.

What are you guys using/what can be used to rotate this monitor into a vertical orientation? The Ergotron Neo Flex arm that gets recommended around here can only handle monitors up to 20" (And those aren't even widescreen monitors, which would take up more vertical space).

I see now BB has a W3 version of the 22". Looks like a cleaner/narower bezel. Almost like the acer.

Regarding the LCD monitor arm. Before my Westinghouse died an untimely death (last product I buy from that company) I used a ergotron LX desk mount. At the time I was able to get a couple through amazon/ritz for I think $70. Lowest price I can find now is $119.

It's a great arm and a good investment as it holds up to 24" monitors

http://www.ergotron.com/ConsumerPro...t/mid/386/PRDID/1/language/en-US/default.aspx

I see now BB has a W3 version of the 22". Looks like a cleaner/narower bezel. Almost like the acer.

The new version appears to not have the built in speakers like the older ones have. Good for the PC but not as good for hooking up a gaming system to the Westy as you won't have sound.

It has speakers. It doesn't have the extra inputs, though, only VGA and DVI. Too bad...I really like that about my w2.

So I was shocked to see that the W2 was cheapened to the W3. I just hope that if it ever dies that Best Buy doesnt try to claim that its the replacement. No way I'm giving up PIP. Played with the Gateway, and its the only LCD that compares to the W2.

I bought the W3 on sale Friday for $269.99 (reg. $349.99) @ Best Buy. I went back Saturday to buy a second since I thought it was a good deal and ended up buying their last W2. It was the floor model but there was absolutely nothing wrong with it. Not a single scratch. I got it for $329.99 (reg. $399.99) and they gave me a $50 Best Buy gift card.

One reason why I opted to get the W2 when I went back was because of the inputs and PiP which I'm very happy with. I hook up a vcr to it and use that as a tv tuner and watch tv in one of the corners while I'm using both screens on my desktop under Ubuntu

What I really wanted was a 24" or 30" LCD for the resolution, but for the price of one 24" I was able to get two 22" screens and the 30" would take me forever to save up enough money. The westy 1080p 37" also caught my eye, but again, I don't have that kind of cash right now.

I tested out Vegas and COD2 on both of the screens. The response time was perfect. Didn't notice one bit of ghosting at all.

Both of the screens seem to be identical panels. The only problem i seem to have with these screens is the fact that if you move your head just a little bit up or down, the colors seem to change too much. It really annoys me but I'm going to try to forget about it.

old thread

whats best color settings everyone uses? if I use brightness high I get backlight bleed on top and bottom this normal?

Back