New wave of diablo 3 beta invites!

song414

Limp Gawd
Just arrived a couple hours ago. Check your email! I just got in :D wooohooo downloading now

Got one as well. Can't wait!!

Apparently you can start playing after ~1 GB is downloaded and the rest will go in the background. However, the download is going REALLY slow for me.

Got my Beta invite, along with another close friend of mine. Going to be a long Friday night!

Edit: Going at about 900 KB/s right now, I'm on a 30Mb connection, so it's not terribly slow.
Edit 2: Nvm speed jumped up. Should be cruisin' now.

Last edited:
Dang, no invite here! On the bright side, I got a Dota 2 invite a couple hours ago :/

I got invited. I'm wondering how long the Beta process is going to go on for. I'd be semi-annoyed if it's super short and I don't get a chance to experiment.

i got in! talked to the brother of an old high school mate who said he worked for blizzard and could get me in. woot!

Seriously...?

AblWB.jpg

Hopefully you're not doing much else while installing, lol.

I finished downloading it a little bit ago. I cannot say that I am impressed with the graphics. Also this game could use some optimization or improved drivers. My graphics card is at 99 percent usage and I am only getting 50 frames per second.

I'm in , GPU weirdness , only uses about 50 percent of my GPU. But I'm enjoying the beta so far , day 1 buy for me.

I saw my invite email this morning after I got to work so I guess I'll need to wait until I go home at lunch to start the download.

As an update, dang, this is the slowest download ever. I let this thing go all night and it wasn't even up to the point of being halfway to allow "playable." Granted, I was dling other stuff, but even with that it should have finished more than this.

I guess the Blizzard servers are getting hammered.

Just got my invite last night, going to download it tonight. Should be an interesting weekend.

Sounds like you may be better off going to class while it downloads and playing over the weekend...

I started my download at lunch and by the time I left the house I was at ~65% after 40 minutes or so. I did try to play right right when I could but wow that was a hot mess of lag, way worse than WoW was before it finished a patch.

Never got an invite from Bliz, but I checked my Battle.net account and noticed that I have access to the beta. Downloading now to see if I can get in tonight after I get off work.

I'm really not sure how the beta selection process works, because this is the second Blizzard beta I've gotten into (the first being SC2.) It seems like there is some correlation between how often you're on Battle.net and invites.

I could be totally wrong about this or drawing conclusions from things that are just correlations, but I got the SC2 invite when I was heavily playing WoW.... now I got the D3 invite while playing a bunch of SC2.

I also wonder if systems specs have something to do with it as well. Because I'm sure part of their process is making sure the game runs well or gives a good experience across a series of different systems. That said, both times I've received invites with my Mac...

Signed up for beta the first day it was up, still haven't gotten in.

Was in beta for D2, SC2, etc but can't seem to have any luck getting in d3.

scaled.php

This is what I got downloaded, is this right? Screen hasn't changed for hours and I restarted it several times.

scaled.php

This is what I got downloaded, is this right? Screen hasn't changed for hours and I restarted it several times.

I ran into the same problem on OSX... I had to actually restart my computer.... and then it would go. I've also had to restart my computer just to get the thing to continue downloading (it stalls...) Annoying that closing it doesn't fix that problem.

I ran into the same problem on OSX... I had to actually restart my computer.... and then it would go. I've also had to restart my computer just to get the thing to continue downloading (it stalls...) Annoying that closing it doesn't fix that problem.

I restarted 3 times already. If there is no problems, how fast it is? 10 minutes?

Having now tried it, glad I didnt preorder.

Sure it's Diablo, and brings back very fond memories of the original with the music and style, but it's nothing outstanding really. I was rather disappointed in the washed out appearance of everything with how foggy the world is until you get into a dungeon. Even then, it was nothing special.

Perhaps the storyline will be the saving grace, but it wasn't grabbing me early on, and thats when it needs to in order for me to keep playing. I'm not going to "wait until level 10-20" for it to "get good".

Just one opinion, I'm sure others love it, but alas, I'm not one of them. I'd snag it as a bargain bin game, but I wouldnt pay full retail.

I'm really not sure how the beta selection process works, because this is the second Blizzard beta I've gotten into (the first being SC2.) It seems like there is some correlation between how often you're on Battle.net and invites.

I could be totally wrong about this or drawing conclusions from things that are just correlations, but I got the SC2 invite when I was heavily playing WoW.... now I got the D3 invite while playing a bunch of SC2.

I also wonder if systems specs have something to do with it as well. Because I'm sure part of their process is making sure the game runs well or gives a good experience across a series of different systems. That said, both times I've received invites with my Mac...

I must be the outlier then because i got an invite yesterday but hadnt been on battle.net since the beta was announced.

When I inquired about this before, having been in every early beta up until SC2, I was given a little information.

They changed their beta structure to reach a larger and more broad target groups so they have a wider base to gather results from. In the past beta testers were chosen by their affinity for the games and reknown. Now it seems they have expanded it to their general tastes and hardware setups. Also because there is a larger number of people wanting to get into the betas, they have a lottery system in place. So that a few people from each of their target groups will be chosen by lottery. So a lot of luck is usually involved in many of the beta invites. I also suspect they may keep track of how much time you spend playing the beta and what feedback you give. The more you play and the more information you give may put you in the mix for earlier beta invites.

I restarted 3 times already. If there is no problems, how fast it is? 10 minutes?

Oh, just reread the screen. No, it's super long. The DL process is what I was talking about having to restart for. The Update Portion seriously took over 30 minutes which is also pretty bad... considering that it should just be copying files and I'm using an M4 SSD... even if it's CPU bound, I'm using a 3.4GHz i7... so clearly some level of unoptimization.

Oh, just reread the screen. No, it's super long. The DL process is what I was talking about having to restart for. The Update Portion seriously took over 30 minutes which is also pretty bad... considering that it should just be copying files and I'm using an M4 SSD... even if it's CPU bound, I'm using a 3.4GHz i7... so clearly some level of unoptimization.

oh ok, but last night I left it on for 18 hours and it never finished. an i just unlucky?

2 of my accounts got in. Unexpected. I prayed for the SC2 beta and never got in while all my buddies got in. They are crying right now.

Back