New water system just set up, tips? advice?

sabrewolf732

Supreme [H]ardness
Hello :D Just set this up, whitewater, chevette radiator, and a via aqua 1300. Cost me about $60 for everything. The temps are pretty awesome imo, but look higher than other peoples o_O Im running a lidless venice at 2.65GHz with 1.62-1.63v and Im loading at around 42-44c. For coolant it's 50/50 antifreeze premixed coolant from kmart, said to not add water so I just added it as is. Fan is a 40cfm 120mm fan mounted directly to rad. Are my temps ok? Also, wondering if I should add pure water into the mix, and if a shroud will help lower the temps. K, thanks, bye. :eek: :D Right now temps seem on par with good air?

Take the coolant out and mix it 90/10. Water cools your computer. Anti-freeze keeps it from freezing.

Top Nurse said:
Take the coolant out and mix it 90/10. Water cools your computer. Anti-freeze keeps it from freezing.
anti freeze keeps it from freezing? Pretty sure it doesn't go sub 0c =P I thought antifreeze was for algae? so 90/10 should give me a few more c right?

good idea to do the 90/10. probably be easier on the pump too. also yeah as was explained the water is doing to work of transfering heat.

sabrewolf732 said:
anti freeze keeps it from freezing? Pretty sure it doesn't go sub 0c =P I thought antifreeze was for algae? so 90/10 should give me a few more c right?

Yes

Yes in a computer system

Yes

Back